philippines

lfresa

My heart goes out to the all the crew members of all of the cruise lines that have family in the Philippines. Our Head Waiter on the Dream his family was from the Philippines. It must be so difficult not knowing if your family is okay. Sending hugs your way!! The Fresa's

I'm not sure why this becomes a cruiseline isuue

I see how it is a cruise line issue, as a disproportionate share of the hard-working staff who make our cruise vacations so great do come from the Philippines. I cannot even imagine what it is like to be in the middle of a 6-9 month cruise work contract, halfway across the world, and see on TV that your hometown was just wiped out...the hometown the rest of your family lives in. My heart goes out to them, and I hope Carnival and the other lines can do something to help their employees' families out (let us not forget the incredible commitment Royal Caribbean made to Haiti following the earthquake...corporate donations, delivering relief supplies, etc.).

It's not a cruise line issue but I guess you never take the time to read the name badges of who is serving you in the dining room, cleaning your room or picking up your dirty dishes. Seriously?? I hate to be like this but can't believe someone would post this from my thread wishing someone's family well.

I see how it is a cruise line issue, as a disproportionate share of the hard-working staff who make our cruise vacations so great do come from the Philippines. I cannot even imagine what it is like to be in the middle of a 6-9 month cruise work contract, halfway across the world, and see on TV that your hometown was just wiped out...the hometown the rest of your family lives in. My heart goes out to them, and I hope Carnival and the other lines can do something to help their employees' families out (let us not forget the incredible commitment Royal Caribbean made to Haiti following the earthquake...corporate donations, delivering relief supplies, etc.).

Just in case it's been forgotten.....

"Carnival Corporation on Monday announced that its cruise brands — including, among others, Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, P&O Cruises and Holland America Line — will donate $5 million toward Haiti relief via multiple international organizations."

Just in case it's been forgotten.....

"Carnival Corporation on Monday announced that its cruise brands — including, among others, Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, P&O Cruises and Holland America Line — will donate $5 million toward Haiti relief via multiple international organizations."

Yes, thank you for mentioning! The Haiti commitment was industry-wide. I just remember RC's contribution as I sailed them in the months following shortly after the earthquake.

I'm not sure why this becomes a cruiseline isuue, but if you wish to help, those organizations that are helping are:

The American Red Cross

UNICEF

Save the Children

Operation USA

World Vision

It's bigger than a cruise issue but a people issues. A few of us here still qualify as real people, not just shallow cruisers.

Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends in the region.

Edited by Blk_Amish

I just can't sleep watching the news late last evening more...I just pray and gave a little..and just thought if everyone did that..just 5 bucks and a million people is something, our huge population..if we all gave 5 dollars..all who possibly could in these things..for immediate aid...again day after Veteran's day thanks be to God for our Military and Humanitarian service...it is all unfathomable and critical..Prayers do help I think, I trust the Red Cross...thanks OP...Sarah

Edited by sjn911