Spencer Ambrose Tours

bettyboop16

Hi, Has anyone taken the Land & Sea tour with Spencer? Description sounds like a good tour with a little bit of everything. Is his boat going back to the cruise dock over crowded? Does he have life jackets for everyone? Does he return his guest back to the dock in plenty of time?

Betty :)

Edited by bettyboop16

Hi, Has anyone taken the Land & Sea tour with Spencer? Description sounds like a good tour with a little bit of everything. Is his boat going back to the cruise dock over crowded? Does he have life jackets for everyone? Does he return his guest back to the dock in plenty of time?

We did this trip on our recent Valor cruise. Everything was great. Our driver was safe, and very knowledgeable about his island. You make several stops for pictures, and have the opportunity to try and purchase banana ketchup, banana bbq sauce (which we loved), banana liqueur (yum!) and other stuff. You are asked at almost every stop to buy something. There is no point getting frustrated or angry. They are there and that's how they make a living. Just tell them no thank you.

To directly answer your question, our boat was not overcrowded. There was plenty of room. Life jackets are available, but are put away due to the wind when the boat gets moving. You are dropped off right next to the ship, so there is very little walking to get back, and plenty of time to shop.

I took Spencer's land and sea tour last week. Everything went like clockwork. It was a fabulous day in St. Lucia. Our boat back to the ship wasn't crowded and there were life jackets available. We got back to the ship in plenty of time and even had time to do some shopping near the pier. I will mention that 2 out of 8 people in our van got carsick. Not bad but they just needed to get out for a minute to get some fresh air.. The other 6 people did just fine though. If you have a problem with motion sickness you might try to sit in the front of the van. Hope this helps.

I took Spencer's land and sea tour last week. Everything went like clockwork. It was a fabulous day in St. Lucia. Our boat back to the ship wasn't crowded and there were life jackets available. We got back to the ship in plenty of time and even had time to do some shopping near the pier. I will mention that 2 out of 8 people in our van got carsick. Not bad but they just needed to get out for a minute to get some fresh air.. The other 6 people did just fine though. If you have a problem with motion sickness you might try to sit in the front of the van. Hope this helps.

Good call I forgot to mention that. My wife gets carsick. She took some dramamine and there were still some times where her belly was doing flip flops. We sat in the front as well. She had to look straight out the front window for a minute.

We did this trip on our recent Valor cruise. Everything was great. Our driver was safe, and very knowledgeable about his island. You make several stops for pictures, and have the opportunity to try and purchase banana ketchup, banana bbq sauce (which we loved), banana liqueur (yum!) and other stuff. You are asked at almost every stop to buy something. There is no point getting frustrated or angry. They are there and that's how they make a living. Just tell them no thank you.

To directly answer your question, our boat was not overcrowded. There was plenty of room. Life jackets are available, but are put away due to the wind when the boat gets moving. You are dropped off right next to the ship, so there is very little walking to get back, and plenty of time to shop.

That really concerns me! We were in St. Lucia 2002 & stopped at a over look where we could take pictures of the ship dock in the harbor & the vendors swarmed at us just as soon as we exited the van. It was intimidating so much for me I got back into the van & they were still trying to sell their wares through the open windows.

We did the Jalousie Beach Break 2 years ago through Spencer and it was a great relaxing day. To and from by boat and we stopped at a little harbor/bay first which was really cute. Saw dolphins along the way. Then we headed to the beach between the Pitons. The scenery is really beautiful. My only complaint was that there is this gorgeous beach there-which I thought was where we were going, BUT we were guided to this tiny little area to the left of the boat dock. Not the nicest sand and the lounge chairs were hard to come by (and had seen better days) until the first group there left. Once we got lounges we relaxed for the rest of the day. You can go to the other part of the beach but I believe you have to rent the chairs there and we were kind of discouraged from doing so. All in all though, the guide was fantastic and we had a great day! Would definitely do it again!

Our family has the Land and Sea trip booked for January. My mom is going to be with us - she is older - 70's - in good shape and gets around well, however she has had 2 knee replacements and a lower spinal fusion. What is access to the boat like and what is the boat ride like? Is it super bouncy or rough? I know it is impossible to predict the seas but I just would like to have a little more information as to what to expect as far as the access and boat rides are like.

Thanks!

Our family has the Land and Sea trip booked for January. My mom is going to be with us - she is older - 70's - in good shape and gets around well, however she has had 2 knee replacements and a lower spinal fusion. What is access to the boat like and what is the boat ride like? Is it super bouncy or rough? I know it is impossible to predict the seas but I just would like to have a little more information as to what to expect as far as the access and boat rides are like.

Thanks!

We did Spencer's Land and Sea tour just last week and it was one of the highlights of our trip! Spencer divided the group into 2 tour groups, one led by Spencer and our group was led by his brother "Small" for the land portion. Small was a great guide- professional, knowledgeable and entertaining. The speed boat ride took us to Jalousie Beach which is situated between the Pitons. Very nice beach and some decent snorkeling too. The speed boat ride back to the port was awesome. We got to see some great scenery along the coastline. The boat was not crowded. My hubby and I sat in the very front which was a little bumpy at times but nothing bad- it actually was quite fun. It is not as bumpy sitting in the back. My parents also were along with us and they are both in their mid seventies and thoroughly enjoyed the entire excursion. Spencer's crew on the boat was extremely helpful and safety minded taking great care to see everyone was safely assisted on and off the boat. As long as your mom is able to step down and step up to get into the boat with assistance she should not have a problem. This was a great choice for us and I highly recommend it! Have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have the contact info for Spencer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! Just returned the other day. Contact spencer7114@gmail.com. The trip was my third or fourth with Spencer. This time I took the boat back and it was enjoyable. You will bounce a little but not dangerous. He stops may times to point our things of interest. The tour is fantastic and worth looking into. If you want to do something different take a mud bath at the volcano area.

Dave

Can someone tell me if the lunch on the Land And Sea tour is a box lunch or a buffet lunch? Also, is the rum and beer limited? Just asking. Thanks

We did Spencer's "Jalousie Beach Break" this past May and we had a buffet lunch right at the beach which was served when Spencer's other tours arrived for their stops at Jalousie Beach. There was unlimited rum punch, beer, water, coke and diet coke.

Can someone tell me if the lunch on the Land And Sea tour is a box lunch or a buffet lunch? Also, is the rum and beer limited? Just asking. Thanks

We did the land and sea tour and we stopped at a place before we took the boat to the beach. It was a nice local place. Everything was buffet style, and we were the only people there at the time.

That really concerns me! We were in St. Lucia 2002 & stopped at a over look where we could take pictures of the ship dock in the harbor & the vendors swarmed at us just as soon as we exited the van. It was intimidating so much for me I got back into the van & they were still trying to sell their wares through the open windows.

My first time on St. Lucia in 2002 we took the Princess Best of St. Lucia by Land and Sea tour, worst ever actually it was 10 years until I ever took a ship tour ever again, if that'll tell you anything. Haggled and "swarmed" at EVERY stop, our tour guide set us up, she was a cancer.

Since 2002 I've been to this awesome island 5 other times twice with Cosol, once with Herod and twice with Spencer and I've never so much as seen a haggler "private tours" don't do that, especially with these individuals.

I did Spencer's Beach Break 2 weeks ago, doing it again in Dec. boat to and boat back, only way to go. No haggle, no harassment on the sea, NICE!!! Hope that helps Todd

My first time on St. Lucia in 2002 we took the Princess Best of St. Lucia by Land and Sea tour, worst ever actually it was 10 years until I ever took a ship tour ever again, if that'll tell you anything. Haggled and "swarmed" at EVERY stop, our tour guide set us up, she was a cancer.

Since 2002 I've been to this awesome island 5 other times twice with Cosol, once with Herod and twice with Spencer and I've never so much as seen a haggler "private tours" don't do that, especially with these individuals.

I did Spencer's Beach Break 2 weeks ago, doing it again in Dec. boat to and boat back, only way to go. No haggle, no harassment on the sea, NICE!!! Hope that helps Todd

Thanks, I am starting to look forward to our return to St. Lucia :)

Betty

Betty we did the boat tour last year and was excellent. Spencer will take you and look after you all the time and give you a comfortable journey.

• 2 weeks later...
Betty we did the boat tour last year and was excellent. Spencer will take you and look after you all the time and give you a comfortable journey.

We are doing this tour with Spencer on Feb 9th. He has been so prompt to respond and very easy to deal with so your feedback just ensures that I made the right choice