Allure aft Boardwalk cabin - deck 12 or 10?

Have sailed a lot but never on Allure or Oasis of the Seas. We usually book an aft balcony cabin, but, thought we would try the Boardwalk cabins for something different while still having an aft view of the water. Two options are available - cabin 10725 or 12727. is the deck 12 cabin view blocked by the overhead structure? Deck 10 is only 1 cabin farther back - a better choice? Do both deck 10 and 12 have the secret aft balconies?

We had a boardwalk balcony on deck 11 on the Allure this summer.

I can't help with info on those two specific rooms, but as for the secret balconies - they're on decks 11 and 12.

We LOVED our boardwalk room!!! We thought it was the best type of room and the Allure is an amazing ship. You'll have a great time!! Sorry I can't be more helpful...

The only thing holding me back on deck 10 is having the access to the secret balcony on deck 12. If anyone has a pic of what the structure is like from deck 12 aft I would appreciate it. Been searching online but having trouble finding it.

The balconies at the end are accessible from the end of the main corridor. Access is not a problem for anyone in the aft staterooms (or anyone else willing to walk).

I'd recommend deck 10, but only because the lower decks make it easier to just take the stairs to go to the royal promenade, boardwalk, etc. I was on deck 9 on Oasis and enjoyed the option to skip the elevator when it was too crowded.

i wouldn't pick the cabin for the "secret deck," as you can always go up there (there is also one on deck 11 I believe). Plus you'll be lot's of time around the ship. We were on deck 12 last March but farther forward. It seemed like a good deck for us, but the thing you need to look is where you are in relation to the overhang that is above the last boardwalk balcony cabins. It is only 2 decks above deck 12 and may or may not give you a bit of a "closed in" feeling. Not sure.

I will post a picture of the deck 12 secret balcony. It isn't very good as it's take from the side and I can only get the "thumbnail," but it'll give you a bit of an idea. But it is a large balcony area with plenty of seating. Few people seem to use it so it's generally fairly "private." Great place for sailaway as you can also see the party at the Aqua theater.

DSCN0497.jpg.4ec6ccf6ac6a798986fc1f78e94fe6b4.jpg

Have sailed a lot but never on Allure or Oasis of the Seas. We usually book an aft balcony cabin, but, thought we would try the Boardwalk cabins for something different while still having an aft view of the water. Two options are available - cabin 10725 or 12727. is the deck 12 cabin view blocked by the overhead structure? Deck 10 is only 1 cabin farther back - a better choice? Do both deck 10 and 12 have the secret aft balconies?

We had the back 2 aft boardwalk cabins on the Oasis this past March on deck 12. Loved them and especially the secret balcony. When we were entering or leaving port we would sometimes go out onto the secret balcony in order to get a better view of the island. The overhang was not a big deal what-so-ever. It's also a little quieter on deck 12. Lots of activity on the boardwalk makes it a bit noisy. The only negative to having the aft cabins is the amount of walking we did. It's so far away from the elevators but it was ok. We probably needed it from all the food we ate :-)

I stayed in the last aft cabin on the ocean side. Deck 12 will be less blocked by overhead than deck 10. Deck 12 is also one deck of separation to the pool deck. That has been my favorite deck 2 times on Allure. The cabin you are looking at will have a decent view of the aqua theater, the boardwalk and some water. BTW, its almost exactly 100 yards to the room from the back elevators.

We had cabin 11727. Second from the end and it was very quiet. great location. If only 2 choices, deck 9 or 12, I would go for 9. 12 would be to high to appreciate the Boardwalk, but thats my opinion.

But 12 would have a better view of the Aquatheater.

aqua2.jpg

I decided to go with deck 12 and appreciate all of the feedback I received that helped me make my decision. I've had nothing but an aft balcony for a long time when cruising because I love seeing the wake. Having the secret balcony close by gives me a sense of comfort in case I'm not as fond of the Boardwalk view as I hope I'll be.

I decided to go with deck 12 and appreciate all of the feedback I received that helped me make my decision. I've had nothing but an aft balcony for a long time when cruising because I love seeing the wake. Having the secret balcony close by gives me a sense of comfort in case I'm not as fond of the Boardwalk view as I hope I'll be.

Have a great cruise. If you love watching the wake of the ship (and being alone), you will definitely love the secret balcony. Bring a good book for those times.

I just have one more piece of advice about this area. See the Oceanaria show from the normal seating the first time to get the effect of this nice show, then after you have seen it, watch if from the balcony once, you get an up close view of the divers as well as a HOW ITS DONE view.