Another Price Mistake

Cam Dizzle

Seems like this may be a reoccuring theme today.

I checked the Royal Caribbean website for the price of my cruise, which will have final payment due within a week, and noticed there was a price reduction.

Called, spoke with a rep, and it seems like the price being shown online is that with a military discount, and that my cruise fare really has not gone down.

Looks like I am the third person or so that has seen a price reduction, I am just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting them to honor it or was I just the unlucky one today.

I do not qualify for the military discount. I never selected the military discount, and neither did the rep on the phone. When I or the rep search for the cruise through the website it shows the reduced price, but she claims it is including the military discount even when it is not selected.

There new "transparent" prices disclosures on the webisite SUCKS !!!! It's not calculated right. I was on the phone with their IT guy for over 30 minutes showing him what was wrong until he FINALLY saw it. Had to speak to him like a five year old !!!

I do not qualify for the military discount. I never selected the military discount, and neither did the rep on the phone. When I or the rep search for the cruise through the website it shows the reduced price, but she claims it is including the military discount even when it is not selected.

Just had the same thing on our Freedom Cruise

:mad:

Take a screen shot when you check the form with the state, discounts etc. and then take a shot of the frame offering you the cabin category and price. Call RCI again and then e-mail the rep the screen shots which will have a date and time stamp to verify when you saw the price. Politely insist that you receive the lower price. If you booked direct with RCI and are before final payment the price drop should be allowed. If you used a TA they will have to make the call.

I had this situation several weeks ago when the IT person and rep couldn't duplicate the price and didn't want to honor the offer. I took the shots before I called.

Good luck

I had a rep once tell me that when I see a lower price online I should make a courtesy hold and then call them with the number of the hold to have them apply the new price--so there is no possibility of a dispute that it was offered. I have done it that way ever since with no issue.

I had a rep once tell me that when I see a lower price online I should make a courtesy hold and then call them with the number of the hold to have them apply the new price--so there is no possibility of a dispute that it was offered. I have done it that way ever since with no issue.

Great idea! Thanks

It's not that the reps at RCI are not seeing the price, they get the same price as we do on the website, BUT, when you look at the Summary of Charges, there is a discount shown there, at RCI's end this discount shows as for military, even though military rate was never selected.