Labadee Cabana's

premier cruiser

This is our first Western Caribbean cruise. We have booked a cabana on Labadee however not sure if we want to keep it. It seems like a great idea BUT, it also seems quite lonely on the website. Please help us understand the benefits of renting this and the drawbacks. We are 5 adults renting it. My husband loves the people watching everywhere so is it a good idea or would we be better just staying on the regular beach. Usually do a lot of people get off to use the beach or do most stay on the ship. Please tell us about the buffets also. Supposedly if you rent a cabana you get an upsacle buffet. Any difference?

This May will be our third time in Labadee each time renting a Cabana. We loved it and no doubt saved us from Sunburns on each occasion. It's like your private Oasis but close enough to the action to not miss a beat. Unless of course you have a Hillside cabana which offers much more privacy but need to be a Billy Goat to access.

This May will be our third time in Labadee each time renting a Cabana. We loved it and no doubt saved us from Sunburns on each occasion. It's like your private Oasis but close enough to the action to not miss a beat. Unless of course you have a Hillside cabana which offers much more privacy but need to be a Billy Goat to access.

How much extra is the Billy Goat? :D

How much extra is the Billy Goat? :D

I can get into to much trouble answering the question. All I can say a friend if ours who shared an Hillside Cabana with us had a lot of trouble navigating due to knee issues. It was the first and last time we rent a Hillside Cabana.

A lot depends on which beach you are on and when you rented the cabana. On barefoot you get the better upgrade lunch, save from sunburns and a lovely view. On Nellies beach the cabana's no longer get the upgraded lunch as of Oct 4 or some time around there.

It will be our first time to Labadee and have a cabana rented, it is beach front on barefoot beach. We are looking forward to the cabana and the friends that are sharing it with us.

I can get into to much trouble answering the question. All I can say a friend if ours who shared an Hillside Cabana with us had a lot of trouble navigating due to knee issues. It was the first and last time we rent a Hillside Cabana.

We had the hillside and it was great unless you like to be right on or close to the beach. You do have to walk up stairs which was not bad unless you have bad knees as your friend did or other mobility problems. We were one of the first there and received an upgrade from Nellies to Barefoot without even asking!

We loved ours and booked again but were not impressed with the upgraded buffet, much smaller, less variety, and longer/slower line. It wasn't worth it just for shrimp and steak.

We got the hillside this time (over the water already was sold out 7 months before cruise.) I had not heard that one had to be a goat to get there, what's the deal? Fortunately we are from Colorado so it should be ok. We're used to climbing.

Yes everyone gets off at this stop, there's a dock (no tenders) and a very nice place so why not? I should say it seemed to us everyone got off, no way to know for sure of course.

April2013cruise1571024x768_zpse1e05a3c.jpg

April2013cruise1691024x768_zps5da567e7.jpg

April2013cruise1701024x768_zpsa70253d6.jpg

Edited by DrD