Bummed about FTTF

beckyk329

We booked at 125 days out and it was sold out. I checked the site two or three times per day, once in the morning and once in the evening. On the evening of day 103 I found that 12 were available (not sure if some had already sold) and I made my purchase. :D I made a deal with a member of our roll call that I would be on the look out and let her know if I saw it available and she would do the same. So, I quickly let her know, and the family in her group that needed to purchase it was also able to get it. When I checked the next morning, they were all sold out again.

On a side note: I think that I liked it better when Carnival only posted it when it was available. Nothing like seeing it there to select only to see the SOLD OUT! sign. When it actually came available, I had to do a double take to make sure my eyes were not playing tricks on me. LOL :eek:

Hi all, I am new to Carnival, just booked an 8 days bahama cruise in March. What does FTTF mean??

"Faster to the fun" I think it's 49.99 per cabin and it's under your excursions on carnivals website. It gives you priority boarding and your room is ready sooner. It also allows you to get off the ship priority at ports.

Hi all, I am new to Carnival, just booked an 8 days bahama cruise in March. What does FTTF mean??

Welcome to Carnival. FTTF stands for Faster To The Fun. For $50, you can purchase under excursions, if available (limited number offered). Allows priority embark/debark, cabin access as soon as you board, priority tender times, access to VIP line at guest services.

FTTF became available the day after we booked our cruise 385 days out. Later on we had more friends book and FTTF was sold out. 5 opened up at about the 80 days out mark. Our group bought 4 of them and the last one was bought by someone on my role call... faster than I could even get over there to tell them about it ! I believe that those were most likely cancelations ( based on some observations I was making with cabins) so I figure that its still possible that Carnival will open up another block of them between now and Jan. I would say definitely keep looking !

"Faster to the fun" I think it's 49.99 per cabin and it's under your excursions on carnivals website. It gives you priority boarding and your room is ready sooner. It also allows you to get off the ship priority at ports.

Just to clarify (sorry to nitpick).. .but you do not get off the ship "priority" at ports.. it is only applicable to "Tender" ports - then you get priority tender. For all other ports (the ones where the gangway is used at the dock), you still disembark via the stadard process - no priority.

I can understand that you can drop your bags immediately and it might be better if you have several tender ports, but the FTTF crowd boarded about 10 mins before we did on our last Dream cruise and we were zone 23. Not worth $50 to me to get on the ship 10 minutes early.

As others have stated, OP, keep checking diligently a couple times a day.

We booked about 90 days out with FTTF sold out.

I checked multiple times a day (pretty obsessively) and finally around 30 days out 1 was open and I snagged it ASAP.

A week later another 1 opened and a fellow role caller grabbed it.

Wishing you luck in your quest and a great cruise :D

Thanks to you guys, I just checked again to see if FTTF was available for my parents on our upcoming cruise, and they had 1 available whereas the other day it was sold out. I go platinum on this cruise, so it'll be nice to have them along with me for priority boarding etc...

I just nabbed one on the Breeze for the Dec. 15 sailing. We have 2 rooms for our family and we're all sailing on the same card... I should call and see if we can all board together or if they're going to split us up. That would stink. I figure we can at least drop off all the carry-on in the room we have FTTF booked for if I can't get it for the other!

~Sarah

I can understand that you can drop your bags immediately and it might be better if you have several tender ports, but the FTTF crowd boarded about 10 mins before we did on our last Dream cruise and we were zone 23. Not worth $50 to me to get on the ship 10 minutes early.

If you read above, there is a lot more to FTTF than just getting on board early and dropping your bags.

I just nabbed one on the Breeze for the Dec. 15 sailing. We have 2 rooms for our family and we're all sailing on the same card... I should call and see if we can all board together or if they're going to split us up. That would stink. I figure we can at least drop off all the carry-on in the room we have FTTF booked for if I can't get it for the other!

~Sarah

Unfortunately they won't let you do this. FTTF really has to be purchased for each cabin in order to board together and enjoy the benefits (different rules than Platinum, etc when you have people on your same credit card, etc).

Thanks Sharon B.

...I do understand the issue for people who have earned the privledge..i guess they are policing the amount as some can not buy and has to open up, which helps,..and as a solo..well i miss out and pay alot of next guys fee and get inundated by too many people around feelings at times. We also can be pushed to bad corner sometimes...LOL... 25 a head or something after first 2.. see where this may help...thanks again...Sarah:D:):o

PS...Happy sailing on Your "Big Birthday" Cruise.. love, Sarah 54 last Oct..goes sooooo fast!!

Thanks for the guidance Sharon B! We have 5 in our cabin (3 kids). Will it still work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarah - Thanks much for the Happy Birthday wishes!!

Anne - You're so welcome!

YEP! The the one charge of $49.95 will cover everyone in the cabin!

I look forward to FTTF for the first time 12/15 with my group of 10 (4 Cabins).

EVERYBODY ENJOY!!!:)

We booked our cruise in April this tuesday and did the same as you, and it was sold out however last night I checked after posting a similar thread as this and there was 9 left and we took it. We are 148 days out, apparently they release 15 at a time depending on how many VIP members they have.