FLL Airport

xavier

We will be cruising out of Port Evergaldes but arriving a couple of days before our cruise and renting a car. Previoulsy I have used the free shuttle at the rental car terminal to take us to the port but because it makes a stop at every cruise ship it takes a very long time & I'm impatient. I'm wondering if there are taxis at the Rental car terminal or would I have to go to the airport to take a cab.

We will be cruising out of Port Evergaldes but arriving a couple of days before our cruise and renting a car. Previoulsy I have used the free shuttle at the rental car terminal to take us to the port but because it makes a stop at every cruise ship it takes a very long time & I'm impatient. I'm wondering if there are taxis at the Rental car terminal or would I have to go to the airport to take a cab.

Most of the FLL car rental companies no longer offer the shuttle to the port. Only National and Alamo did the last time I checked.

And this answers my question how?

In that a taxi will likely be your only option as it is for many of the people who rent cars and are not taking a flight.

Thus, there will likely be taxis available at the car rental building.

In that a taxi will likely be your only option as it is for many of the people who rent cars and are not taking a flight.

Thus, there will likely be taxis available at the car rental building.

Perhaps my question was not clear, sorry. I am wondering if there are taxis at the car rental terminal or would I have to go back to the airport. Done the shuttle and not doing it again.

And this answers my question how?

Wow, this CC member took the time to give you information and this is your response??? Really, did you forget your manners this morning ???

Oh and my response helps you by reminding you to be grateful for this wonderful community of fellow cruisers willing to share their experiences and advice!

Wow, this CC member took the time to give you information and this is your response??? Really, did you forget your manners this morning ???

Oh and my response helps you by reminding you to be grateful for this wonderful community of fellow cruisers willing to share their experiences and advice!

He gave me information, but none that I asked for. Did not forget my manners.

I have never seen cabs at the car rental facility at FLL.

After dropping off the rental we take a shuttle back to the airport to catch a cab to Port Everglades.

And FWIW when taking a cab from the port to the car rental facility they

have dropped us off at the Rental Return entrance and we haul our luggage through the garage to the rental desk.

Edited by WpgCruise

I have never seen cabs at the car rental facility at FLL.

After dropping off the rental we take a shuttle back to the airport to catch a cab to Port Everglades.

And FWIW when taking a cab from the port to the car rental facility they

have dropped us off at the Rental Return entrance and we haul our luggage through the garage to the rental desk.

Thank you WpgCruise.

The point is he took the time and gave information he thought you needed! Your manners need some polishing.

And yet I don't reprimand people or give false thanks for peoples inability to read a post. Have a super duper great day. Do not trip getting off your high horse.

The point is he took the time and gave information he thought you needed! Your manners need some polishing.

long time lurker here

I had the exact same question as I will be sailing in 4 weeks and was curious about the answer.

The OP asked a very simple easy to understand question - which was not open to interpretation and the information given was not relevant . . . I think chastising someone for pointing that out is the most rude thing I have encountered this year.

Edited by SHAKESMONKEY

Actually you don't need to take the shuttle once you drop your car off. It really doesn't matter which terminal you go to and the Rental Car Center is attached to Terminal 1 via a walkway. After you drop your car off, just follow the walkway to Terminal 1, go down the escalator to arrivals and walk out the door to catch your cab to the port. We have done this a couple of times. Depending on how busy they are, you'll be at the port within 15-20 minutes of dropping your car off. Dave

Actually you don't need to take the shuttle once you drop your car off. It really doesn't matter which terminal you go to and the Rental Car Center is attached to Terminal 1 via a walkway. After you drop your car off, just follow the walkway to Terminal 1, go down the escalator to arrivals and walk out the door to catch your cab to the port. We have done this a couple of times. Depending on how busy they are, you'll be at the port within 15-20 minutes of dropping your car off. Dave

Ah! I completely forgot about the walkway! Thanks Dave.

Too, from what I have heard from some friends, some of the shuttles now insist on seeing car rental paper work before allowing people to board. :) Too many people were hitching a free ride to or from the port and thus paying rental customers weren't able to board.

Again, some unethical people ruin situations for others. No wonder car rental shuttles are fewer now. :rolleyes: Don't get me started.

Hertz has always driven me from the rental car facility to the port after I've dropped off, in my rental car. I have status with them. Not sure they do this for all.

Also, I try to avoid renting from the airport to avoid the concession fee (which raises the rental cost considerably) and also increases the hassle factor. I rent off airport - many hotels have rental desks. I drop the car the night before I'm boarding. Then I take a cab or use the hotel's complimentary car service (W) to get to the port in the morning. Much simpler (for me).

Hertz has always driven me from the rental car facility to the port after I've dropped off' date=' in my rental car. I have status with them. Not sure they do this for all.

Also, I try to avoid renting from the airport to avoid the concession fee (which raises the rental cost considerably) and also increases the hassle factor. I rent off airport - many hotels have rental desks. I drop the car the night before I'm boarding. Then I take a cab or use the hotel's complimentary car service (W) to get to the port in the morning. Much simpler (for me).[/quote']

Agree...I avoid renting at the airport also..This past October (pre-cruise) we took a taxi from FLL to the Thrifty Car Rental (actually just outside the PE gate) and then returned the car on cruise morning...We were the only ones on Thrifty's shuttle..Since they are so close they make this trip often and don't make you wait...Worked out well for us doing this arrangement on our last two cruises out of PE.