liberty of the seas embarkation

sweettara

I read earlier on liberty today the passengers that got on today. they were late boarding. at almost 2 pm they were still waiting to board. im curious what was the hold up. im wondering if this might happen to me on my upcoming liberty cruise on thanksgiving since it is a holiday and some ppl might try to fly in the same day would they wait for the passengers

I read earlier on liberty today the passengers that got on today. they were late boarding. at almost 2 pm they were still waiting to board. im curious what was the hold up. im wondering if this might happen to me on my upcoming liberty cruise on thanksgiving since it is a holiday and some ppl might try to fly in the same day would they wait for the passengers

I believe today was the first embarkation after Liberty's transatlantic. There are Coast Guard inspections, immigration delays because every crew member must be processed, US Public Health inspections, etc. A delay is typical after a TA.

We experienced the worst disembarking coming off our 2011 Barcelona TA on the Liberty. I heard back from fellow roll call members they didn't get off until noon, many missed flights. We had a Post cruise tour and we were among 200 others who missed their tours. We weren't called until shortly after 10 but never made it into the terminal until almost 11 AM. After my DH got off, they stopped the line, myself included and there we stood for another 15 to 20 minutes, while our family members stood dockside waiting on us.

I believe today was the first embarkation after Liberty's transatlantic. There are Coast Guard inspections, immigration delays because every crew member must be processed, US Public Health inspections, etc. A delay is typical after a TA.

I was on the Liberty TA and our cruise ended on November 9th without any delays. I was off the ship, waiting for my car before 9AM

I was on the Liberty TA and our cruise ended on November 9th without any delays. I was off the ship, waiting for my car before 9AM

Thanks for the clarification.

Last year, we were on the first cruise after Indy's TA, and we were not able to board until about 12:30pm, so maybe an hour or so delay.

thanks I hope we don't have any problems for our cruise but if we do theres nothing I can do about it

I will just half to wait

all I know is only 13 more days then we will be on liberty cant wait lookin forward to seeing what all it has never been on los

I think you got really lucky, Ann! When we walked off the ship at 1045, there was still at least 8 groups to go. I think things started backing up after the first couple of groups got off the ship. I know there was a long wait from the time we heard the first two groups called until they called #3.

Sherri:)

We were on this sailing, just got back home last night. We were afraid we were going to miss our flight...they kept saying the delay was immigration. Luckily, we got off in time...it was around 12pm when we got off...we were the last group.

I'm sure everyone would love to hear your thoughts on the cruise since Liberty is back in FLL now.

I'm sure everyone would love to hear your thoughts on the cruise since Liberty is back in FLL now.

We were on Allure last year and I must say I thought Liberty was my favorite ship going into this cruise(this was our 2nd time on her, we've also been on the Voyager class).....during the cruise, there were things I missed about Allure but I still love the size of Liberty. Also on Allure, the activities seemed to be non-stop, this cruise I noticed the down time.

I also thought the food was lacking a little in comparison to our past cruises.

When we first boarded the ship, we stopped in at Vintages to order the premium package and ended up making great friends w/ the bartender Lucille. She had warned us the staff may be a little tired and blah due to the TA but the staff was incredible as always! I did find our cruise director to be not as visible as on past sailings. I saw him twice and if we passed each other in passing, I didn't notice him. We loved our stateroom attendant as well.

This was our 1st 5 day trip and miss the 7 days. The passengers seemed more of party go'ers on this ship than any other we've been on, which we enjoyed. I attribute that to the 5 days and the school year...hardly any kids this time around.

We enjoyed ourselves for sure and would sail her again but on a 7 day(only b/c we missed the 7 days).

Edited by luv2cruzstl

We were on Allure last year and I must say I thought Liberty was my favorite ship going into this cruise(this was our 2nd time on her, we've also been on the Voyager class).....during the cruise, there were things I missed about Allure but I still love the size of Liberty. Also on Allure, the activities seemed to be non-stop, this cruise I noticed the down time.

I also thought the food was lacking a little in comparison to our past cruises.

When we first boarded the ship, we stopped in at Vintages to order the premium package and ended up making great friends w/ the bartender Lucille. She had warned us the staff may be a little tired and blah due to the TA but the staff was incredible as always! I did find our cruise director to be not as visible as on past sailings. I saw him twice and if we passed each other in passing, I didn't notice him. We loved our stateroom attendant as well.

This was our 1st 5 day trip and miss the 7 days. The passengers seemed more of party go'ers on this ship than any other we've been on, which we enjoyed. I attribute that to the 5 days and the school year...hardly any kids this time around.

We enjoyed ourselves for sure and would sail her again but on a 7 day(only b/c we missed the 7 days).

Thanks for the info. My teenage son and I are going on Liberty for Spring Break. DW can't go this time so it will be a different cruise for me without her and spending all the time with DS. Definately looking forward to it though and 5 days will probably be enough since it is just the two of us.

We have been on Freedom so we know what to expect on Liberty. Freedom was our favorite ship until we went on Oasis last month but when we stepped away and thought about what the differences were and which of those things we really use, there really wasn't any difference.

I am a little worried that it will be more of a party cruise because of it being Spring Break and a shorter cruise but can't decide if that is a good thing or a bad thing ;)

We got off the LOS yesterday and had no problems. We did self carry and met at Studio B just before 9am. We walked down to Deck 1 and waited about 5 minutes before they let us oft. We were through customs and waiting out front for our shuttle by 9:40. Considering the horror stories I had read on here, I didn't think it was bad. We were consistently moving the whole time in line.

Thanks for the info. My teenage son and I are going on Liberty for Spring Break. DW can't go this time so it will be a different cruise for me without her and spending all the time with DS. Definately looking forward to it though and 5 days will probably be enough since it is just the two of us.

We have been on Freedom so we know what to expect on Liberty. Freedom was our favorite ship until we went on Oasis last month but when we stepped away and thought about what the differences were and which of those things we really use' date=' there really wasn't any difference.

I am a little worried that it will be more of a party cruise because of it being Spring Break and a shorter cruise but can't decide if that is a good thing or a bad thing ;)[/quote']

I'm sure there will be plenty of teens onboard giving the time you are sailing. We were glad our teen son wasn't w/ us this time due to the lack of kids...I doubt yours will not have a prob finding friends!

Like I said, I felt this was more of a party cruise just given the fact it was shorter and during the school year. We have never traveled during spring break but I'm sure you will have some college kids onboard ready to party!

We were also on the T/A bringing Liberty back to its home port and we got off about a 1/2 hour late but cleared through customs in a breeze. The big hold-up was at the airport where it took an hour to get through security....they told us it was the same every weekend when 5 or 6 ships come in at the same time. Allow yourself extra time if taking a late morning or early afternoon flight out of Ft. Lauderdale.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the following email about our cruise:

We are contacting you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on the Liberty of the Seas on November 28, out of Fort Lauderdale. Due to recent government budget reductions, U.S. Customs and Border Protection staffing has been affected, creating a longer immigration processing time for departing guests, and the ship has experienced a later clearance time for arriving guests. Therefore, please do not arrive at the cruise terminal prior to 12:00 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Edited by hazeleyez3