Denmark currency vs US dollar

btorlv

If they offer you Scottish pound notes in change, then explain you're going back to the USA and won't be able to exchange them, and they'll give you Bank of England notes. Probably.

If you ask for your change in Bank of England notes, most places will give you what they have but Bank of England notes are not too common! Any bank will change Scottish notes to Bank of England ones.

Ditto If I need more money then I look for an ATM

We do a lot of international travel (up to about 5 months a year) and totally rely on ATMs for cash in nearly every country. Like many frequent travelers we carry multiple ATM cards (drawn on accounts at different banks) to provide some redundancy and also allow us to withdraw larger sums (when necessary). Since most ATM accounts are capped at a specific daily amount (often $500) having several cards is a good way to get larger amounts of cash.

I should add that 2 of our 3 ATM accounts charge no foreign exchange fees or transaction fees. So we get the wholesale rate of exchange less 1% (this is a charge built into the exchange rate and assessed by Visa International who handles the majority of international ATM transactions).

Hank

I should add that 2 of our 3 ATM accounts charge no foreign exchange fees or transaction fees. So we get the wholesale rate of exchange less 1% (this is a charge built into the exchange rate and assessed by Visa International who handles the majority of international ATM transactions).

Hank

Lucky you

ours do not work like that

But please notice that food is way more expensive in Norway compared to Denmark and Sweden, but a good link anyway.

It is a rough guide

You can choose different countries to compare

I just pay the amount for the stuff I want ..no point in worrying about the difference ...if you need to eat you need to pay what they charge :D

Lucky you

ours do not work like that

It is also a big problem in our country. That is why we like a capitalistic society where people are allowed to shop-around for the best deals...and banking is no exception. There are very few credit cards that assess no foreign exchange fees, but they are out there (even in Canada). It is the same with ATM cards. Many times the best deals with ATM cards (i.e. no fees) are found at the smallest banks and credit unions. As to a fee free credit card (with no foreign exchange fees) I believe you can get a CapitalOne Master Card that fits into that category.

My solution has been very simple. When I had a bank that started charging me all kinds of fees I simply "fired' that bank and found a great credit union. When we had a major credit card that wanted to start charging more fees we simply told them to cancel the card and we found one without the fees.

Hank

So you are saying if you want pizza go to Denmark :D

But to be fair the situation in Norway is unique, they have many mountains but few farming land.

So the government has forced the farmers to have a little production by giving a fee on all the products they can't sell.

So the farmers tend to grow more different vegetables and corn sorts instead of making plenty of lets say wheat.

And in all economics, if the products (here agricultural) are limited the price will rise.

Denmark on the other hand is flat as a pancake so we have plenty of farms, just ask the British people were they get their bacon and butter from. :-D

Edited by Danish viking

Denmark on the other hand is flat as a pancake so we have plenty of farms, just ask the British people were they get their bacon and butter from. :-D

it really is a moot point is what I am trying to say

No matter what County you are in... if you want to eat there or sleep in a hotel there... you pay the prices.

I do not like the prices of some things here but I am not going to drive 3+ hours to the USA to save a dollar

When in Rome as the old saying goes

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

Flat as a pancake? Nonsense. I've climbed your Sky Mountain, and it took me several minutes. ;)

Himmelbjerget aka sky mountain is the most impressive mount...eehhh hill in the world, it stands almost 200 metres tall. :D

Actually the 2 highest points in Denmark are the 254 metres tall Great belt bridge pylons and the Vestkraft chimney in Esbjerg. (well its only 250 metres tall but stands 4 metres above sea level)