port of miami arrival

vawalkers

I agree that arriving before 10:30 really puts you in a mess with cruisers leaving the ships, lines for cabs headed out, buses loading, car pick ups...just a mess. Your bags might not even be accepted for check in depending on the ship.

Wait till 10:30 or later and things will be less confusing and move smoothly. At least then everyone else will be moving TOWARDS the ship with you.;)

We like to leave the hotel an hours or so after the initial crowds. Let them fight it out at the port. There seems to be a little break in the check in lines between when the early birds check in and the day-of -flights and cruise transfers begin arriving around 1. At least that's what we have experienced.

Edited by eandj

We got there at 10 once and we got in the building okay. I wouldn't recommend it and it wasn't intentional on our part, however I was shocked at the number if folks already there!

We flew in the morning of and we intended to kill time at MIA before leaving but didn't realize that there wasn't anywhere to kill time after baggage claim (well maybe there is but it was our first time and we didn't see anything). So instead of sitting around the airport and drinking coffee as we'd planned we just grabbed a cab and headed to the port. It was boring waiting at the port but they had more chairs than MIA baggage claim :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk