Who is top rated for ease of reimbursement?

Photojunkie_I_am

I thought Travel Guard was well respected but I have recently encountered several reviews where people had a very hard time getting reimbursed.

We (family of 4) have an upcoming summer of '14 trip on Celebrity but there is significant travel pre and post cruise in Europe that we want to cover.

Thank you,

Sharon

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am to sure if there is a rating scale for this.

We use travelexinsurance and they have processed our claims expeditiously. We prefer a company that acts as the primary insurer so we can just send any claims to them.

http://www.travelinsurance.com

I am sure there are other good ones out there too.

We do our research on insuremytrip.com

Keith

I, like most people, have rarely if ever posted a review about a hotel, airline, or cruise, when everything went right. A couple of times I have posted reviews when things went sideways.

Most every review that I have read on here about insurance that was negative, the poster was expecting more than what they were entitled to under the terms and conditions of the policy. In other words they did not understand the limitations.

I've used Travelguard numerous times. Both times I made claims, I was reimbursed in a timely fashion after I followed proper procedures. One of the claims was for a lost, stolen, or misplaced wedding ring.. I did not receive full value. I was upset at Travelguard until it was brought to my attention that max benefit was what it was as stated in the policy. Me not knowing that was on me for not reading the policy, not on Travelguard.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought Travel Guard was well respected but I have recently encountered several reviews where people had a very hard time getting reimbursed.

We (family of 4) have an upcoming summer of '14 trip on Celebrity but there is significant travel pre and post cruise in Europe that we want to cover.

Thank you,

Sharon

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

in my personal experience: TravelEx!

I am one of those who had a terrible experience with Travel Guard. Not for reimbursement, but for making their bottom line more important than my DH's health. I also had a bad experience with Access America who weaseled out of a claim until the Texas State Insurance Department made them pay.

Needless to say I've avoided them and switched to another company for our subsequent travels. I now, exclusively, use TravelEx. Up until recently, I did not (thankfully) have any claims.

We had booked and paid for a B2B of a Baltic cruise and a TA plus one-way air fare for the UK where our ship sailed from in August, 2013. A month before we were to fly, I was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer and needed several rounds of chemo therapy. There was no way I could do either cruise.

I was in the hospital from the effects of the chemo for the entire month of October so I didn't file my claim until the second week in November. The package was huge containing forms, letters from doctors, copies of my credit card payments and reimbursements and invoices. I figured it would take months before I heard anything.

Today, less than a month later, I got my check for the full amount requested.

I wholeheartedly recommend TravelEx