Has anyone sailed during Xmas?

Sunshine101

Hi all - we're going to be on the Epic over Xmas (eeek!), which is different for us as we're always home during Xmas. What did you do for your kids on Xmas Eve or morning....did you bring a few little presents and their stockings? Haven't given this a whole lot of thought yet but wondering what others have done.

Thanks!

We will be going on our second Christmas cruise this year. The first time, the kids were 15, 12 and 5. I brought several small presents, things I could put in my carryon. We flew, so I didn't want presents in the checked luggage. We were on Royal Caribbean, and they had a small (2 foot) Christmas tree that you could order for your room. Santa also visited on Christmas morning in the ice rink and handed out presents. DS5 got a blanket with the RCCL logo. :confused:

This time we're flying again. The kids are 3 years older. We are celebrating Christmas early, at home. I will take a couple of things for the youngest to open on Christmas morning. We're on HAL, so no Christmas tree in the stateroom. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

We did a cruise at Christmas when my daughter was 6. We carefully planned our gifts that year to be small and flat. We packed them all unwrapped at the bottom of one suitcase and wrapped them once we were aboard. We also packed our family Christmas stockings which we hung up from nobs in our room. My daughter seemed pretty happy with her Christmas.

We took many Christmas/New Year's cruises when our two were school aged.

The night before we were leaving we would open our gifts. (Still enough time to put anything they wanted to take in a suitcase.)

On Christmas morning we would have a stocking for each stuffed with money to spend in ports as they wished.

It's a fun thing to do! Have a great time on yours! :D

LuLu

~~~~

Hi

We are also first timers cruising this christmas (very excited!). We are having a family get-together before the cruise so the kids will get their presents from relatives then. I have gone to our local $2 shop and bought some xmas decorations for our cabin and to decorate our cabin door. I have bought one present each for my kids to be opened on christmas morning. My son requested a cricket kit (which would be bigger than our luggage - told him that he may not be getting that!)