Yacht Club dining vs sitting with others ??

Shippy

We cruise 2-3 times a year and always request early dining with a large table even thought there is only the 2 of us. We enjoy meeting others & sharing good conversation.

We have a yacht club cabin & understand that the yc dining room is fantastic....however, I assume you are just seated with whomever is in in your party.

Does anyone do shared dining in there ?

Otherwise, can we just occassionally go over to the main dining room or do we have to pick one or the other from the start

Thanks..

We cruise 2-3 times a year and always request early dining with a large table even thought there is only the 2 of us. We enjoy meeting others & sharing good conversation.

We have a yacht club cabin & understand that the yc dining room is fantastic....however, I assume you are just seated with whomever is in in your party.

Otherwise, can we just occassionally go over to the main dining room or do we have to pick one or the other from the start

Thanks..

That is true but in the Top Sail Lounge plenty of opportunity to meet people.

Thanks..

In the YC restaurant there is free seating and my time dining. Go whenever you want. There are tables for two, four and six people so plenty of choices. YC guests normally don't do dining in the main dining room of the ship. No tables for YC guest are reserved there as they have their own restaurant.

We are traveling in YC, but have friends who aren't. We specifically asked MSC how this will work for dining, and this is what we were told.

You have 2 choices:

Your non-YC guests can join you in YC for $35 each. Or,

If you want to go the main dining room just let your butler know. Each dining room has an area set aside for YC guests. You and your friends will all be taken to this area of the main dining room to dine.

We are traveling in YC, but have friends who aren't. We specifically asked MSC how this will work for dining, and this is what we were told.

You have 2 choices:

Your non-YC guests can join you in YC for $35 each. Or,

If you want to go the main dining room just let your butler know. Each dining room has an area set aside for YC guests. You and your friends will all be taken to this area of the main dining room to dine.

Thank you very much. I am going to post this on our Roll-Call. We are still concerned about the drink packages and dinner though. It seems that everyone at the table is supposed to be on the same package to eat together. Do you know about this? What if the non YC friends have a drink package, Can you still sit together even though being in the YC you do not get free drinks in the MDR?

Edited by PekingeseLady

Thank you very much. I am going to post this on our Roll-Call. We are still concerned about the drink packages and dinner though. It seems that everyone at the table is supposed to be on the same package to eat together. Do you know about this? What if the non YC friends have a drink package, Can you still sit together even though being in the YC you do not get free drinks in the MDR?

I couldn't comment on that, you would be best to call MSC.

However, we've traveled with friends and have all had different packages and it hasn't mattered in the past. Not saying it won't in the future.....

I would think since you are just dinner guests for the evening it woulnd't matter unless your bookings are linked together.

we are in cabin 15011 in the yacht club.We would like to have dinner with other yacht clubers,since no one is doing a meet and greet.

long cruisers

It appears that if you eat in the YC dining room....no one will ask if you would like to share a table....

I can't see how that could apply to an occasional dining. If you sat together every night, and requested a table together then the rule that tied bookings need to all have the same package would apply.

I have not seen this rule enforced and have only sat at tables with people on a mix of different packages and on none at all. The rule is obviously there to stop the benefits of a particular package literally flowing to a guest who has not paid for it. If you don't abuse this there should not be an issue. However, the rule may be enforced in the future.

Until MSC does the sensible thing and allow YC guests the freedom of the ship, i.e. include Allegrissimo, then the safest course of action would be to pay for it.

Tim.