Day Pass in Fort Lauderdale: Rodeway Inn and Suites

Ocean Spirit

My husband and I always seems to stay up late the last night of a cruise and we usually are very tired when we get off the ship. Only flights out for our city was either super early (which we couldn't take) or late afternoon/evening. I did not want to spend the day in the airport.

I searched for a place to spend the day in which we could rest / nap and I could swim and get some Florida sun. First of all I asked at the hotel we stayed at pre-cruise which was the Embassy Suites if they offered a day pass. They said they did and to call the morning we get back into port. On Sunday morning, I called the Embassy Inn. The first person was very nice and helpful and said they offered passes but when they tried to put me though to the front desk...Oh my goodness.... I was switched around from person to person, no one knew anything about a Day pass and in fact had no idea what a Day pass even was. At last I was told there wasn't any available (they were full of regular clients)

I then contacted Rodeway Inn and Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port Hotel near the Port Everglades Cruise Port. At last, I was able to speak to someone who actually who knew what a Day pass was! We grabbed a taxi at 9:30 am and got to the hotel in about 10 -15 minutes.

We got a room, I went swimming and then lunch (We were told the hamburger was really good.. didn't believe it however it really was a great burger!) Then took a nap. We then took their van to the airport. We were unaware that my husband had left something in the van. Soon, here comes our driver to give us our stuff! Very thoughtful.

If we go back, we'll stay at the Rodeway. It isn't a fancy place but we much rather spend our money on the cruise vs. staying in a expensive hotel. But if you are looking for an economical place, this is a great place. And if you want a Day Pass to relax! This is a great choice.

Here are some reasons we will go back

1.) Convenient to the port.

2.) reliable transportation

3.) Transportation leaves when it is scheduled

4.) clean room

5.) Friendly staff

6.) If we forgot anything.... they carry everything you'd need including wine!

7.) would enjoy one of those hamburgers again:)

If you stay, please say hi to Ozzie for me. He has been on tons of cruises and knows what a cruiser needs. The best thing was, we returned home rested and not tired!

I think they were confused by your terminology. A day room is just that, a hotel guest room that provides access to the hotels amenities for a set amount of time during the day--often 9:00 am to 5:00 pm or something along those lines.

A day pass is only good for the hotel amenities (like you might find at a resort--a beach, pool, locker room, etc.) and doesn't include a sleeping room.

• 6 months later...
My husband and I always seems to stay up late the last night of a cruise and we usually are very tired when we get off the ship. Only flights out for our city was either super early (which we couldn't take) or late afternoon/evening. I did not want to spend the day in the airport.

I searched for a place to spend the day in which we could rest / nap and I could swim and get some Florida sun. First of all I asked at the hotel we stayed at pre-cruise which was the Embassy Suites if they offered a day pass. They said they did and to call the morning we get back into port. On Sunday morning, I called the Embassy Inn. The first person was very nice and helpful and said they offered passes but when they tried to put me though to the front desk...Oh my goodness.... I was switched around from person to person, no one knew anything about a Day pass and in fact had no idea what a Day pass even was. At last I was told there wasn't any available (they were full of regular clients)

I then contacted Rodeway Inn and Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port Hotel near the Port Everglades Cruise Port. At last, I was able to speak to someone who actually who knew what a Day pass was! We grabbed a taxi at 9:30 am and got to the hotel in about 10 -15 minutes.

We got a room, I went swimming and then lunch (We were told the hamburger was really good.. didn't believe it however it really was a great burger!) Then took a nap. We then took their van to the airport. We were unaware that my husband had left something in the van. Soon, here comes our driver to give us our stuff! Very thoughtful.

If we go back, we'll stay at the Rodeway. It isn't a fancy place but we much rather spend our money on the cruise vs. staying in a expensive hotel. But if you are looking for an economical place, this is a great place. And if you want a Day Pass to relax! This is a great choice.

Here are some reasons we will go back

1.) Convenient to the port.

2.) reliable transportation

3.) Transportation leaves when it is scheduled

4.) clean room

5.) Friendly staff

6.) If we forgot anything.... they carry everything you'd need including wine!

7.) would enjoy one of those hamburgers again:)

If you stay, please say hi to Ozzie for me. He has been on tons of cruises and knows what a cruiser needs. The best thing was, we returned home rested and not tired!

Great to read. We booked this hotel for our one night pre cruise stay for February. I'm so glad it was ok.

The day room package shows as $49 on their website for 4 people which is a great deal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums