Mariner Buttons?

SForman

Included with my paperwork were 2 buttons and luggage tags that say "Holland America Mariner". What are the purpose of these? If I wear a button will I get treated better? If I use these luggage tags will my luggage arrive faster? Just wondering. Any info will be appreciated.

Seth

What are the purpose of these?
Souvenirs. Nothing else. In days gone by they would signal you as a repeat passenger and get you extra attention. Today the vast majority of pax are Mariners, so it makes no difference.

I think that the primary purpose of the pins is so that the HAL staff at the airport can identify you. They are constantly trying to locate everyone on their lists. They know what flight you are arriving on and they have to locate all on their lists ( thats my impression )

We generally put the tags on our luggage. Always seem to get our luggage quite early after boarding. Don't know if there is a correlation. We wear our pins because we like them. Never received any special attention, except maybe a "welcome back" when we board.

Archived