Rhapsody replaced by Quantum Class

sparkx

So with Rhapsody being repositioned to Istanbul in 2015 from Australia/Alaska it doesn't seem to be too far fetched to say that either one of the Quantum Classes (maybe 3?) will replace her routes? What does everyone think?

So with Rhapsody being repositioned to Istanbul in 2015 from Australia/Alaska it doesn't seem to be too far fetched to say that either one of the Quantum Classes (maybe 3?) will replace her routes? What does everyone think?

Doesn't seem unreasonable. I don't know anything about the ports here and this size ship, but I want to take an Alaskan cruise one summer, but my wife is a Caribbean Sun goddess, and it doesn't take too much arm twisting. I do want to try this class of ship and an Alaskan cruise would be an easy sell for me. I really want to try the parachute simulator as well. Lots of time to speculate, but I would be interested.

On the other hand, Royal has done double swaps before when moving ships around.

Edited by BillOh

Why should QUANTUM go to Alaska in 2015???

IMHO she stays at Cape Liberty to compete with NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY.

Also she is listed in Bar Harbours and St. Maartens cruise schedule for the summer season in 2015. :)

Although the Panama locks have been widened, QUANTUM would be too large, due to the bridge of the Americas there...

The ship is open for bookings until end of April 2015, her final cruise ends the 2nd of May 2015 - and to move her from Bayonne to Vancouver or Seattle I think is not possible...

And ANTHEM also will be finished in April in Europe, and to deploy her from Europe to Alaska also would be difficult... I think ANTHEM is likely to operate in Europe. ;)

The most possible candidates for Alaska 2015 are JEWEL, VISION or maybe MARINER/VOYAGER... ;)

I couldn't imagine that RCI just deploys one ship (RADIANCE) in Alaska...:confused:

Edited by celebrity_fan

Yeah, I think so too.

IMHO the Alaskan ports cannot handle such a large ship - I heard that CELEBRITY SOLSTICE currently is the largest possible ship for Alaska.

I think ships with the size of RCI-Radiance-class or Celebrity-Millennium-Class are perfect for Alaska - so in my point of view it would make sense to deploy JEWEL in Alaska, as the replacement for RHAPSODY. :)

Why should QUANTUM go to Alaska in 2015???

IMHO she stays at Cape Liberty to compete with NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY.

Also she is listed in Bar Harbours and St. Maartens cruise schedule for the summer season in 2015. :)

Although the Panama locks have been widened, QUANTUM would be too large, due to the bridge of the Americas there...

The ship is open for bookings until end of April 2015, her final cruise ends the 2nd of May 2015 - and to move her from Bayonne to Vancouver or Seattle I think is not possible...

And ANTHEM also will be finished in April in Europe, and to deploy her from Europe to Alaska also would be difficult... I think ANTHEM is likely to operate in Europe. ;)

The most possible candidates for Alaska 2015 are JEWEL, VISION or maybe MARINER/VOYAGER... ;)

I couldn't imagine that RCI just deploys one ship (RADIANCE) in Alaska...:confused:

I didn't say Quantum specifically ... I said the class, I agree they wouldn't move her from her competition in NYC. And with the big deal they're making out of Antham being in UK/Europe I would agree again - it was a blue sky idea more than anything.

If they are looking towards putting a roof on the solarium for Voyager then it would seem to be quite a good candidate for Alaska, otherwise I wouldn't see any of the Voyager class doing 'cold' seasons given they aren't designed for it. And unless they replace Radiance with Jewel (who won't have received any revitilisations by then) I can't see them having two of the same class in the one location. But I agree Vision would be a good swap candidate.

I didn't say Quantum specifically ... I said the class, I agree they wouldn't move her from her competition in NYC. And with the big deal they're making out of Antham being in UK/Europe I would agree again - it was a blue sky idea more than anything.

If they are looking towards putting a roof on the solarium for Voyager then it would seem to be quite a good candidate for Alaska, otherwise I wouldn't see any of the Voyager class doing 'cold' seasons given they aren't designed for it. And unless they replace Radiance with Jewel (who won't have received any revitilisations by then) I can't see them having two of the same class in the one location. But I agree Vision would be a good swap candidate.

Isnt the problem with voyager as she doesnt have indoor pool

Quantum class is a high passenger volume ship.

The Alaskan market isn't (from my point of view).

So the max. I can see is some sporadic trips to Alaska.

But this stilll leaves the issue open with the ports there not being able to handle such an amount of passengers per single ship.

VOYAGERs final cruise in April 2015 ends in Singapore, so it seems she will stay there in 2015 as well.

I think I did not write it clearly.

RADIANCE returns to Alaska in 2015 - her Hawaii cruise in 2015 goes to VANCOUVER!!

I thought JEWEL or VISION replace RHAPSODY in 2015. ;)

So RCI could have RADIANCE and JEWEL or RADIANCE and VISION in Alaska in 2015. :)