Robes

EnTnSA

This is not only on Carnival but I have seen it on Princess and Celebrity as well.

I agree with you, you are in public, put some clothes on! The same goes for when not on a ship. Nothing worse than going out shopping and seeing people out in public in their pajamas, looking like they just crawled out of bed. Get some respect for yourself!

Geez Louise! I have never seen this on a cruise ship and think it's taking "casual" way too far. I'll go out on my balcony in my PJs if we are at sea or in an area where I'm not in view but that's it.

The only exception for me might be a young child, but still would consider it to be in poor taste in the dining room.

I do not think you are being snooty. I think its tacky. I understand that we are all cruising together but if you choose to go out in public in it, you understand that someone will likely comment. It's not going to negatively affect my cruise but I do think it's tacky.

My wife and I have wore our robes to and from the hot tub when it was cold outside the last day of our cruise once. Does this make me a bad person?:D

I have done this, as well as wear my robe to spa appointments.

I do try to avoid the public areas, such as the promenade, etc.

Pam

Wife and I were just amazed at the amount of people that felt it OK to wander around the ship in their robes, just about every day, on the Triumph last week.

Mornings were the worst. Women mostly, bed head, looked like a train wreck, like they rolled out of bed, threw a robe over their PJs (maybe?), and went upstairs to have breakfast.

I couldn't imagine going out in public in my PJs. We typically don't get dolled up for anything on the ship until dinner time, but we at least get dressed, brush our teeth, look somewhat presentable.

This isn't your house, you are in public, these people are not your family, they are strangers. How about put some clothes on, and make a LITTLE bit of an attempt to clean yourself up a bit.

Am I just being too snooty? Are robes in public socially acceptable? What is your take on it?

Have you been to walmart lately? same thing!! I personally don't care. as long as you have clothes on lol. I usually put shorts and tshirt on, only takes 5 minutes lol. At times, (late at night) i'll put my pajama pants on (plain black pants) with a tshirt and go get a drink at the bar to take it back to my room.

It's fabric, so whatever.

I'm pleased not to have to look at anyone's bits and pieces, so if they want to cover up in terry cloth, bear fur, aluminum foil, cardboard, or something whipped up by Armani, fine with me.

Surprising how certain fabrics can antagonize people so much.

It doesn't bother me per say, but it is indicative of the society we live in today. People are completely oblivious to those around them and live in their own bubble.

What if a man decided he would just hop out of bed in his underwear and have breakfast in the morning. would the reaction be different?

What if I hadn't showered in a few days and smelled ripe. Sat down next to you and your family. Would that matter?

There is a level of community that we all must abide by to keep the world in order. It is reasonable to expect that when you go out in public, you attempt to make yourself somewhat ready for that venture. In our society, that means putting on clothes and cleaning yourself.

Oh and I don't doubt this happens on most cruise lines. People are oblivious everywhere. Often times those with more perceived "class" are the worst.

I saw some people who seemed to be living in their robes on a highend European cruise but I don't think they were from the U.S.

Maybe they thought they were on their own private yacht?

They wore designer sunglasses, watches, jewelry and sometimes expensive-looking shoes, with their robes.

Everywhere, it seemed.

I thought it was a cultural preference....

Pam

I think the robes look odd and would never do it, but it doesn't bother me. I have let my kids go to a continental breakfast at a hotel in their lounge pants and shirt that they use as pj's. I wouldn't do it at an actual restaurant though.

Ditto. Robes in certain areas of a vacation spot don't bother me, however I don't do it myself. Rather a robe than someone walking around nude or in skimpy pjs!

I have seen a few of these on every cruise we have been on. Mostly it was harmless, ladies covering up by the pool and then heading towards their rooms, and I did see people walking around the decks after dark a few times.

However, on 2 occasions, the wearers of the robes were women who decided that the robe was all that was needed!:eek: Now, mind you, they were absolutely wrong in this assumption. They needed something (actually a LOT of something) under said robes.

As for the PJs, I ain't gonna do it, but one of our closest WalMarts is in Statesboro, home to Georgia Southern University. Apparently, college students feel that it is completely appropriate to go shopping wearing anything from PJs (very, very common) to nighties with shorts:eek: (not as common, but have seen it multiple times)!!

As for the PJs, I ain't gonna do it, but one of our closest WalMarts is in Statesboro, home to Georgia Southern University. Apparently, college students feel that it is completely appropriate to go shopping wearing anything from PJs (very, very common) to nighties with shorts:eek: (not as common, but have seen it multiple times)!!

I lived near Statesboro for many, many years (Metter) and I think the first pajamas in public I ever saw were at the Statesboro WalMart!

I have not once seen anyone in a robe at the buffet. I believe it happens- plenty of others have reported it does, I just never saw it myself. As far as people going to eat breakfast in PJs- does not bother me. I have done it myself when we stayed at hotels or something. Of course, I am talking about yoga/sweat pants (or possibly knit lounge pants if I had any) and t-shirt type of PJs. And I don't actually sleep in them ;). My reasoning is that I always manage to drop or spill something on my outfit. So I do not want to ruin an outfit before noon. So, it does not bother me seeing someone in sweats, lounge pants, etc and the buffet. If it were the dining room or something, then it would. I really do not notice how someone is dressed unless they are wearing something wildly inappropriate i.e. bath robe, speedo/string bikini, or ball gown (in the buffet- not elegant night).

People remember the exact store and city they first saw someone wearing pajamas in public???????????????????????????

I barely remember the name of the girl I had my first time with. But jammie pants is a real memorable event :)

LOL. Maybe its a regional thing, but sweats and PJ type pants are becoming mainstream daywear especially with teens. Like the sweat pants with the writing on the butt. Pretty much anywhere I go, I see someone wearing them. HELLO, haven't people heard about PAJAMA JEANS. LOL. :eek:

(AND NO, I don't own any Pajama jeans or pants with juicy written on the butt)

LOL. Maybe its a regional thing, but sweats and PJ type pants are becoming mainstream daywear especially with teens. Like the sweat pants with the writing on the butt. Pretty much anywhere I go, I see someone wearing them. HELLO, haven't people heard about PAJAMA JEANS. LOL. :eek:

(AND NO, I don't own any Pajama jeans or pants with juicy written on the butt)

having 2 daughters , yes I have seen the shorts and sweat pants with the writing on it . I know "PINK" is very big. Also havinga daughter who worked for Victoria's Secret..

Why would someone want the word "Juicy" on there butt. To me it's like a euphemism for "incontinent" *LOL*

Quite frankly, after working at a college university for 30 years, nothing seems to shock me anymore.

Dan

See having 4 kids , now in their 20s I have seen all the trends , fads, fashions tattoos, piercings , and whatnot between them , their friends, my nieces and nephews , and just people you see walking down the street.

You also chose to take a vacation on a vessel with a couple of thousand strangers. How about you have the common courtesy to get dressed and clean up a bit.

It isn't your own private yacht.

I pay for the cruise and if I want to put on the robe to have a little fun that is up to me. I did it for fun and a lot of people were laughing, which is what I was going for. Laugh at me or with me...doesn't matter...it was funny. If you don't like it don't look. Or at least don't let me wearing a robe ruin your cruise. Geez....loosen up a little...you may enjoy life more.

I guess, from my username, that you can determine my stance on this. You are on vacation...Have fun with it.

YES...you are being snooty.

Go figure someone from north cacalacky doesnt mind robes!! lol :D;)

This post cracks me up, there not robes there redneck tuxedos!!:eek:

Personally I don't pay attention: Its carnival cruise lines and its typically a party ship, your always going to see something crazy. I'd prefer the attract people not wear them and the overweight and unattractive to wear two. Oh god I just pictured a big girl with a robe and no Pj's underneath!!

Stay classy everyone!

AZmike480