How Far Is Miami Airport From Ft. Lauderdale Embarkation Pier?

florida lover

We're on the Crown Feb. 2014.

Flights are less expensive for us to fly into the Miami airport rather than Fort Lauderdale. Can anyone here tell me how far it is, approximately what a cab would cost and how much time would it take from the Miami airport to the Ft. Lauderdale pier?

Thank you!

Flights are less expensive for us to fly into the Miami airport rather than Fort Lauderdale. Can anyone here tell me how far it is, approximately what a cab would cost and how much time would it take from the Miami airport to the Ft. Lauderdale pier?

Thank you!

If you are going same day a cab ride runs around $70 to $90 w/ tip. The blue shuttle runs $30 a person to dock. If you are going in a day or two early I have some really good ways of doing that since I have done that before !

Definitely figure up how much you are saving in airfare and compare that to the amount for transportation from MIA. Also, consider your expense back to MIA if you are flying out of MIA. It may not be cheaper unless you're saving like $800 on airfare (which I have seen here on CC).

Thank you!

Just don't fly in the day of.

"We're on the Crown Feb. 2014. Flights are less expensive for us to fly into the Miami airport rather than Fort Lauderdale. Can anyone here tell me how far it is, approximately what a cab would cost and how much time would it take from the Miami airport to the Ft. Lauderdale pier?"

Last year we also flew into Miami for our Fort Lauderdale cruise departure because of the $300. saving. After some searching, we settled on a Super Shuttle shared van from the airport to our hotel in Dania Beach, (Fort Lauderdale). Cost listed on their web site is about $60. for two people. However, I'm sure, as we found last year, if you search the web, or even these boards, you may find a discount code for 10% - 20% off. Because it's a shared ride, you could be the last to arrive at your destination, which will make the trip 50 - 60 minutes from MIA.

I don't know if this is your first, or fiftieth cruise, but with the possibility of weather, or other flight delays, we always plan to fly into our cruise departure destination a day in advance.

Thank you!

Who are you flying with? I'm cruising out of Miami in Feb 2014 and everywhere I look it's cheaper to fly into FLL!