Harvest Kitchen? Via Vista?

Lloyd555

Found this online:

http://www.merima.fi/Projects_References

MERIMA

Merima is a state of the art turn-key public area interior supplier for newbuildings & refurbishments regarding Cruise Vessels & Car-Passenger ferries both old and new on the whole range. They partner with shipyards and ship owners all over the world.

Main office and factory: Helsinki, Finland

Founded: 1987

Projects in order

2014 Quantum of the Seas for Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, N.B. 697, Meyer Werft

• Interior Public Areas
  • Via Vista
  • Sports Deck
  • Harvest Kitchen, Windjammer

2015 Anthem of the Seas for Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, N.B. 698, Meyer Werft

• Interior Public Areas
  • Via Vista
  • Sports Deck

2016 Quantum 3 of the Seas for Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, N.B. 699, Meyer Werft

• Interior Public Areas
  • Via Vista
  • Sports Deck

Not even sure of a guess on "via vista" unless it's a very lazily made name for the promenade deck or other passageway on the ship. "Harvest Kitchen" on the other hand sounds like a healthy restaurant. It's listing with Windjammer could just be because their both restaurants, or maybe since we now have Izumi they are no longer going to do Jade and will instead have this venue their as the healthy eating part of the buffet. The Oasis class has a healthy eatery behind the adult solarium so that is also an option.

Great find! Via Vista sounds intriguing, maybe it will be Royal Caribbean's version of The Waterfront? Only time will tell! Do you know how recent these names were released?

No idea. And I don't think they were supposed to put the names on their website.

I was Googling Anthem of the Seas to see if I could find other photos when I came upon it.

I think that all this Anthem keel-laying / Where is Quantum confusion being created by the tweets and email responses from RCI is done on purpose to distract us from the revelation of the two venue names Via Vista and Harvest Kitchen that are "More To Come" spots in the deck plans. :D

Edited by Lloyd555

I was Googling Anthem of the Seas to see if I could find other photos when I came upon it.

I think that all this Anthem keel-laying / Where is Quantum confusion being created by the tweets and email responses from RCI is done on purpose to distract us from the revelation of the two venue names Via Vista and Harvest Kitchen that are "More To Come" spots in the deck plans. :D

You are probably right! I'm sure they are laughing at us! :p

Great find!

I have two guesses to venture and they are both based on the name given... via vista... which I think translates to "way of the view". Both guesses are also based on an older quote from RCL that was mentioned eons ago when they released the name of one of the design teams, 5+ designs.

First, that quote:

"Royal Caribbean taps 5+design Studio to work on Quantum of the Seas venues

Royal Caribbean is busy finishing plans to build its next cruise ship, Quantum of the Seas, and it has tapped design firm 5+design Studio to help create the cutting-edge venues aboard the ship....

...Royal Caribbean has tapped 5+design to create Two70 and Vistarama venues aboard Quantum of the Seas."

Now the guesses:

1. Two70 has been touted to have Vista views by day, so via vista will be the name of the cafe in Two70. We've already seen drawings and/or press releases with different names listed for the cafe.

2. I have always been intrigued by the fact that the quote stated 5+ would be involved in designing venues (plural) and mentioned Two70 and Vistarama venues (plural)... maybe there will be a second area of virtual views besides Two70... perhaps via vista (or "way of the view") will be a dining venue featuring changing views. Dine in a different city every day type of place.

On an interesting side note, there was an interview a few days ago on the Royal blog with Design Manager Jodi Barozinsky:

"The period of time that we start and finish is a fairly long period. Sometimes three to four years. Staying up on top of what's current and what's cutting edge is always a challenge," Barozinsky said about how time factors in. "That deadline at the end, they're still delivering that ship in October of 2014. So, trying to stay current and make sure the design is right for the day it gets delivered is a huge challenge."

As an example, Jodi mentions on Quantum of the Seas they had designed all of the dining rooms and about a year later the Operations team felt the design wasn't, "current" and had to be re-designed. Thus, the dining rooms have been designed twice so far on Quantum of the Seas."

Well, a Vistarama dining room would be current & cutting edge :D

Hey, remember the dining room windows patent pics someone posted a few days ago? Maybe the dining room is Via Vista and acts just like Two70...sea views by day and changing views by night. OR... better yet, the specialty dining venues are all located on Via Vista and they all have projected views from cities around the world... Hey, maybe that's my guess number 3, ;)

Another thought on the Via Vista venue. The via part certainly makes it sound like a passageway. After hearing the way that Adam explicitely used the term vista view in the Anthem announcement it seems very likely to be related to Two70. If you look at the deckplans their is a large entrance hall on deck 5 starboard leading to the venue similar to what the Boardwalk has on the Oasis class. Perhaps the Via Vista is simply this entry way area that everyone passes through on the way in. This would also likely be the area that everyone waits in while waiting for the shows to open.