Quantum may not be going to Bermuda

I think at least one decision must be made.

RCI needs to compete with NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY, and I think EXPLORER is too old to compete with her, I think...

So I think QUANTUM or INDEPENDENCE will offer Bermuda seasons - the Bermuda port authority has time until May 2015 to enlarge the port...

On top of that EXPLORER is supposed to move to Asia...

I thought I read somewhere that Royal was planning a few Bermuda trips from Florida, so maybe they area searching for option with the ships they have down there, which could include Indy. Also Summit and Grandeur both do Bermuda. But, if they still need more "local" capacity, they could bring a Radiance class ship to NJ or Baltimore.

There is no comparison to the Breakaway or any of the RC fleet, because the Breakaway (I have cruised on 50 ships so far and I am 50) was our most disliked cruise with so many problems and negatives. RC blows the Breakaway away in so many ways! NCL never again, we staying loyal with Royal. Size does not matter when your dealing with RC vs Breakaway.

In this case size would matter if Quantum turns out to be too large to navigate the channel. Otherwise I agree with the rest of your statement.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Love your "Steerage Society" logo!

LOL.

I've stayed in staterooms (well, probably not really a "stateroom", more like a closet), where one of the walls was at quite a severe angle. I guess down near, or perhaps below, the water line. aka "steerage", I reckon!

thanks for all the commentary.

I just read a report done by the Bermuda govt a couple years ago, outlining their issues with the cruise industry and the channels, docking in St. George and Hamilton, and the numbers of passengers they have lost. I miss going into these nice towns to dock for a day or 2, those were the days!

But, if they still need more "local" capacity, they could bring a Radiance class ship to NJ or Baltimore.

Which Radiance liner could it be??

SERENADE and BRILLIANCE are likely to be deployed in Northern Europe in 2015, RADIANCE surely does Alaska.

Maybe JEWEL - she is not listed in St. Maarten in summer 2015 so she might be a possible option - but I rather think that she replaces RHAPSODY in Alaska...:)

Which Radiance liner could it be??

SERENADE and BRILLIANCE are likely to be deployed in Northern Europe in 2015, RADIANCE surely does Alaska.

Maybe JEWEL - she is not listed in St. Maarten in summer 2015 so she might be a possible option - but I rather think that she replaces RHAPSODY in Alaska...:)

My thought would be that they would either swap out Grandeur for one of the larger Radiance ships, or swap out Indy for Jewel, and bring Jewel up north...

More wishful thinking....:D

JEWEL should bes. swapped by NAVIGATOR out of San Juan... ;)

I think GRANDEUR will also offer the Bermuda itineraries in 2015.

RCI needs a replacement for RHAPSODY. JEWEL is the best option, I think... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think of a Quantum class to replace Rhapsody

Unlikely.

ANTHEM will be based in Southampton in 2015, and QUANTUM is scheduled for Bayonne at least until May 2015, when the Alaska season usually begins.

It would take too much time to transfer her, she is still too lagre for the Panama Canal, and for Alaska as well...

On top of that she should stay in Bayonne to compete with NCLs BREAKAWAY.

JEWEL is perfectly sized for Alaska. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Personally I would lean towards that being a rumor. I think anything you can speculate on about Explorer's status after her overhaul is possible.

Depends on how good the Mariner is doing. They completely refurbished that ship for China. Seems to be the big new market right now.

Yes. Right - I was suggesting that after she leaves Bayonne, she be sent to San Juan, and then Jewel could be sent up to Baltimore. Bayonne will have Quantum and Summit (part year), and Baltimore could have Granduer and Jewel (and maybe one of these could be a part time assignment).

It seems that NAVIGATOR will be sent to San Juan, she is likely to replace JEWEL there.

I honestly think that JEWEL moves to Alaska, and returns to San Juan in November 2015...

GRANDEUR surely stays at Baltimore for the Bermuda itineraries.

It seems that NAVIGATOR will be sent to San Juan, she is likely to replace JEWEL there.

I honestly think that JEWEL moves to Alaska, and returns to San Juan in November 2015...

Navigator seems to be doing just fine in Texas

Depends on how good the Mariner is doing. They completely refurbished that ship for China. Seems to be the big new market right now.

You could be right. There is more speculation on Explorer going to Asia after her dry dock period.

Navigator is staying in Galveston, Texas after her refit next year.

Navigator is staying in Galveston, Texas after her refit next year.

The cruise call list of St. Maarten in summer 2015 shows up NAVIGATOR very often, on similar calls as JEWEL does in 2014 - so she NAVIGATOR is very likely to replace JEWEL there.

For me there are three options of ships sailing from Galveston from May 2015:

-INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - she will be replaced by ANTHEM out of Southampton in 2015, so she could be a possible option

-LIBERTY OF THE SEAS - could be replaced by ALLURE out of Barcelona in 2015, so maybe she is sailing from Galveston

-EXPLORER OF THE SEAS - will be replaced by QUANTUM out of Cape Liberty and EXPLORER does not have any schedule after Jan. 2015 - so maybe her, if she is not going to Asia. :)

The cruise call list of St. Maarten in summer 2015 shows up NAVIGATOR very often, on similar calls as JEWEL does in 2014 - so she NAVIGATOR is very likely to replace JEWEL there.

-INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - she will be replaced by ANTHEM out of Southampton in 2015, so she could be a possible option

-LIBERTY OF THE SEAS - could be replaced by ALLURE out of Barcelona in 2015, so maybe she is sailing from Galveston

-EXPLORER OF THE SEAS - will be replaced by QUANTUM out of Cape Liberty and EXPLORER does not have any schedule after Jan. 2015 - so maybe her, if she is not going to Asia. :)

It's much more likely that adventurer would return to j's and replace jewel. Not navigator.

I'm not sure what cruise call list you are looking at but those are not always accurate that far in advance.

Liberty will not be replaced by the Allure, as mentioned many times previously the Allure is only doing a small number of European cruise's before her dry dock period and return to the US afterwards.

Explorer is being replaced by Quantum and Explorer will go to Port Canaveral and then into the shipyard for a dry docking. Afterwards there is strong speculation that Explorer will go to Asia.

Remember that not all itineraries for 2015 have been released for all ships yet.

http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx

This one. Sadly you need to browse up to April/May 2015, there you see NAVIGATOR. JEWEL returns somewhat in Nov 2015, so between May and Nov she will be deployed somewhere else.

It is already confirmed by RCI that ADVENTURE will also sail from Southampton in 2015, together with ANTHEM.

ALLURE was listed in Rome every Thursday several weeks ago.

Her port before Rome was La Spezia, after Rome it was Naples.

Where should INDEPENDENCE sail in 2015 when she is replaced by ANTHEM?

Galveston could be an option.

Edited by celebrity_fan

http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx

This one. Sadly you need to browse up to April/May 2015, there you see NAVIGATOR. JEWEL returns somewhat in Nov 2015, so between May and Nov she will be deployed somewhere else.

It is already confirmed by RCI that ADVENTURE will also sail from Southampton in 2015, together with ANTHEM.

ALLURE was listed in Rome every Thursday several weeks ago.

Her port before Rome was La Spezia, after Rome it was Naples.

Where should INDEPENDENCE sail in 2015 when she is replaced by ANTHEM?

Galveston could be an option.

OK I see where Navigator is on this projected schedule. If you look at Royal Caribbean's website Navigator is not doing any itineraries including St. Maarten or any other eastern stops. Navigator is doing western itineraries at least through April 2015. Royal's bookings for Navigator do not go past April 2015 yet.

It's always possible that Royal will update the Navigator's itineraries for later in 2015. I'm thinking those port dates for Navigator on the website link you provided are projected at this time and not guaranteed.

Rome is one of the ports the Allure will stop at during her short European schedule before her dry docking in Rotterdam. Right now Allure's schedule on Royal Caribbean's website only goes out to May 2015 and they are all Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries. Any dates posted on websites like the one you referrenced past May 2015 are projected and subject to change.

There are rumors/ reports that Jewel could be headed to the West Coast as seen on Port of LA ship schedule.

http://www.******************.com/

There are rumors/ reports that Jewel could be headed to the West Coast as seen on Port of LA ship schedule.

http://www.******************.com/

Thanks for the helpful information!!!!! :):):)

I have also found the list. She is listed there several times in September and october, so she is very likely to d Alaska in summer and some wwest coast and Panama cruises in April and october.

This info truely confirms my thoughts. :)

Edited by celebrity_fan

Thanks for the helpful information!!!!! :):):)

Sadly your link does not work - can you give me a hint how I can find it on another way or how I can find the LA port schedule??

This info truely confirms my thoughts. :)

Yes, sorry that link did not work. The source is from the Port of LA Cruise Schedule. Use the drop down to change the year to 2015 and then you can find Jewel OTS starting in September I believe.

http://www.portsamerica.com/cruise/los-angeles-terminal.html

September09/26/2015SatROYAL CARRIBEAN INTLJewel Of The Seas962

October10/03/2015SatROYAL CARRIBEAN INTLJewel Of The Seas962

Also, this thread below has a discussion on the topic of RC maybe going back to the West Coast as it relates to Jewel OTS. Someone may have posted a port schedule for Ensenada or Catalina that shows a visit by JOTS.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1955778&page=5

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Looks like they did more testing and the Quantum won't be able to go to Bermuda unless there is dredging done to widen the channel according to this article from Bermuda:http://www.bermudasun.bm/Content/NEWS/Environment/Article/Quantum-s-too-big-for-Bermuda/24/898/73160

Keith