Zuiderdam - A/C problems and guar. Cabin?

Hflors

Sincere best wishes for you TracieABD for your full recovery. I'm glad you are not putting off something you want to do. I hear the A/C by the Front Desk works well, usually -- you might consider "camping" there if your cabin has a problem ;) That might provide the staff with motivation, y'know? :D

I'll second that! Tracie, you are one of the nicest people on this board. I really hope the worst is behind you.

I'll second that! Tracie, you are one of the nicest people on this board. I really hope the worst is behind you.

Ya'all are so sweet. I swear I am doing well! I take this stuff for 4 (or 9) more years, see my onco's on a regular basis and just keep moving forward.:) I am at my year milestone, and I am hoping that all of my tests come back normal. I feel great (albeit a little heavier)!

Love my friends on the boards! Can't wait to meet ya'all in person someday!:D`

This is very personal. I am on a chemotherapy that renders me medically unable to regulate my own body temperature. I have wildly huge temperature swings in very short periods of time. I certainly appreciate A/C, as I can always put on additional clothing, but cannot not always remove them (and still remain in society's good graces:eek:). I will survive with or without A/C, though I certainly have a preference.

For some people, there is no putting off today what can be done tomorrow. For some, well all of us really, there is no guarantee of tomorrow. The time is now.

I am also a person who is holding a VB gty for our cruise. I am going to keep my fingers crossed for an assignment to a room in which all of the pieces and parts are operational. Actually, I hope that for EVERYBODY boarding the Zuiderdam!:)

I can say that, after living through my son's chemotherapy, I can understand exactly what issues you face with temperature regulation. It is a serious problem and I feel your concern.

Have you ever tried one of those neck pieces that become cold when wet? And they stay cold. You can buy them at golf supply stores. I bought one for my son at the hospital gift shop and it was sold with chemo patients in mind.

I do hope you have a wonderful cruise and that things go well for you.

I can say that, after living through my son's chemotherapy, I can understand exactly what issues you face with temperature regulation. It is a serious problem and I feel your concern.

Have you ever tried one of those neck pieces that become cold when wet? And they stay cold. You can buy them at golf supply stores. I bought one for my son at the hospital gift shop and it was sold with chemo patients in mind.

I do hope you have a wonderful cruise and that things go well for you.

That is a wonderful idea. I have seen them. I will search the web.:) Thank you for the suggestion!:)

Ya'all are so sweet. I swear I am doing well! I take this stuff for 4 (or 9) more years, see my onco's on a regular basis and just keep moving forward.:) I am at my year milestone, and I am hoping that all of my tests come back normal. I feel great (albeit a little heavier)!

Love my friends on the boards! Can't wait to meet ya'all in person someday!:D`

Likewise, maybe on a Princess cruise. I'm glad you are doing well. Still love that doggie pic. Makes me smile every time.

OP, sorry about the thread drift. I've been in you shoes on a panama cruise in an 80 degree room on the Statendam. It was miserable. One of the many reasons I won't sail on that ship.

It is all about choices …. and demands … and guarantees that both your demands and choices will be in perfect harmony. Maybe not a good time to go cruising in the tropics?

Trying to make sense of your statement and failed:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Well all, we received our cabin today :( Seventh deck aft. right in the middle of the non a/c problems. I'm sick and dh doesn't want to go. I've e-mailed the TA and see if we can get another cabin, but it doesn't look good as the only cabin availalbe in our catagory is right next door to the one we have. only other choice in cabins cabins avalable are a large increase in price. More than we want to pay. We are so disappointed that we will NEVER book another guarantee!

I will let everyone know if the TA can do anything for us.

Well all, we received our cabin today :( Seventh deck aft. right in the middle of the non a/c problems. I'm sick and dh doesn't want to go. I've e-mailed the TA and see if we can get another cabin, but it doesn't look good as the only cabin availalbe in our catagory is right next door to the one we have. only other choice in cabins cabins avalable are a large increase in price. More than we want to pay. We are so disappointed that we will NEVER book another guarantee!

I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I hope that your TA can help you to negotiate a better "cruise home". I will most definitely have my fingers crossed for you!:)

I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I hope that your TA can help you to negotiate a better "cruise home". I will most definitely have my fingers crossed for you!:)

TRACieABD Thanks for your concern. (when I said I was sick I meant that I was heart sick over the cabin, not physically sick) ANyway I have very good news. My TA e-mailed me a list of cabins available. Picked one one deck up and mid ship so don't think I will have any A/C problems. DH and I are feeling better about our cabin right now. TA was a bit surprised to hear about A/C problems on Zuiderdam. Keeping my fingers crossed for a great cruise.

TRACieABD Thanks for your concern. (when I said I was sick I meant that I was heart sick over the cabin, not physically sick) ANyway I have very good news. My TA e-mailed me a list of cabins available. Picked one one deck up and mid ship so don't think I will have any A/C problems. DH and I are feeling better about our cabin right now. TA was a bit surprised to hear about A/C problems on Zuiderdam. Keeping my fingers crossed for a great cruise.

When do you sail? We go on the 27th, so I will be looking for your opinion!:)

Still waiting for our assignment. Would you mind sharing what category you booked and what you were assigned?

I would also send a E-mail to HAL and tell them that you heard the AC is not working in that cabin and would like one that has working AC which is included.

I would try to go higher up in the chain. I would give it a try. See if you get an answer.

To me it would be OK for HAL to sell theses cabin with no AC if they ran a sale saying "cabin with no working AC for sale".

Always have wondered why people choose to go to the tropics, and then demand they be insulated from them in hermetically-sealed artificial environments. And hell to pay, if they are asked to experience one degree more than their own version of room temperature

I live in the tropics 24/7 ( Brazil) . I don 't have central air in my home. A/C in homes is very , very rare. I do have an a/c unit in my bedroom.

The houses here are designed for heat. We have high ceilings , tile floors and big windows. Your statement is quite ridiculous. I would not sail on a ship in the tropics with a/c problems. The rooms are small , carpeted , with low ceilings and are designed to have a/c. I am sure the level of stuffiness and heat would be very , very unpleasant and that is not my idea of a pleasant , relaxing vacation.

I have stayed in several B&Bs without air...in Denmark , England , Austria. But a ship in the tropics with no a/c ...no way.

Boarded "Z" on 11/29. Aft corner cabin (6166) with excellent A/C (actually a bit chilly when set to the recommended setting. Ship is below minimum passenger capacity according to the Hotel Director.

11/30 Half Moon Cay and A/C is still chilly. Can't speak for others but ours is working quite well.

Daily report later.

Boarded "Z" on 11/29. Aft corner cabin (6166) with excellent A/C (actually a bit chilly when set to the recommended setting. Ship is below minimum passenger capacity according to the Hotel Director.

11/30 Half Moon Cay and A/C is still chilly. Can't speak for others but ours is working quite well.

Daily report later.

My post on the other thread you reported on.... (will you be updating the "Live from" thread? Would be good to keep it all in one place).

"Capt Turner has recently returned - he will be on for our April cruise, but he wasn't on in Aug/Sept when we did Alaska (that I recall). A very nice man and I look forward to sailing with him again. Many of the PG staff went on leave when we returned to Vancouver in September, including Manager Sam. I believe Mario was staying on, and 3 new PG servers, who had come aboard when we left Vancouver.

Less than full capacity may mean more efficient a/c and plumbing.";) Hope you have a great cruise!