Trying the Miracle

lbfluffy

Just off the Breeze so we decided to book the Miracle for March to avoid airfare cost. We booked on board and got a $100 OBC. We have been on the Pride and Spirit, and to my understanding this is also a Spirit classed ship. Anybody have any thoughts about this ship?

We just spent 15 days on her, loved the captain, found the CD meh, but the other entertainment staff we fun to be around.

If Elvis is still the Matre De, then the food will be great.

They were re-surfacing the Serenity deck so you shouldn't have to put up with construction noise.

If you plan to hit the comedy shows you'll have to get there early and stand in-line. They have them in the room under the main stage and there isn't near enough room in there for them.

I loved the decor and be sure to check out the plates, we found ghosts on ours.

The Karaoke system on board is terrible, half the cds were broke and a 1/4 ws too scratched to use.

Edited by justlaff69

We cruised on the Miracle in 2006 out of Tampa and then on the Spirit in 2009 out of San Diego. We look forward to the upgrades and are glad she is on the west coast. We were on the Splendor this past January and were not thrilled with the passenger flow and swore off Carnival. However since the Miracle is here we love this class of ship (second to the Princess Grand Class) we decided to hop onboard on 8 Feb.

Loved the Miracle, so easy to get around, not a huge ship by no means, The only thing i did not like those stupid grapes in the dining room. but saying that, it did not effect me one bit when it came to dining there. :D

Not a huge fan of the CD but assistant CD was great. The comedy club was small but great.

I love this class of ship, really dislike the larger mega ships

Just off the Breeze so we decided to book the Miracle for March to avoid airfare cost. We booked on board and got a $100 OBC. We have been on the Pride and Spirit, and to my understanding this is also a Spirit classed ship. Anybody have any thoughts about this ship?

We have sailed on Miracle (4x = 39 days) and Pride (1x = 7 days)...they are both Spirit Class ships, and we love them.

The layout is fantastic, can walk each deck from front to back, lots of 'hidden away' lounges and private spots, the crew is great, Nick & Nora's Steakhouse on Deck 10 is wonderful...and there's a little bit more of an intimate feel than the larger ships (Breeze / Dream / Magic).

We were aboard for her 15 day repositioning cruise from NY to Long Beach via the Panama Canal, and we found there was always something to do (or not when lounging by the pool(s)), and the entertainment staff (at the time) were very interactive with the passengers.

We will be onboard next April for our 16 day Hawaiian cruise, and can't wait !

Loved the Miracle, so easy to get around, not a huge ship by no means, The only thing i did not like those stupid grapes in the dining room. but saying that, it did not effect me one bit when it came to dining there. :D

Not a huge fan of the CD but assistant CD was great. The comedy club was small but great.

The grapes were something that have stuck with my and wife and I for 7 years. That being said it is a great vessel.

LOL! True....but the "grapes" on the Miracle are MUCH better than the "eggs" on the Splendor! :eek: ;) :D

We like the Spirit class ships and you won't be disappointed in the Miracle. We cruised on her to Alaska and will be booking another cruise in 2014. We may also book a couple of the 4-day Baja cruises b2b for January. We'll see how we feel when we get back from Hawaii - looking forward to this cruise.

No where as nice as the Beeeze, but its a cruise and no airfare.