FLL Port no cruises April 2014?

Andie272

Does anybody know why there are no cruises scheduled out of FLL in April 2014? My parents want to take a cruise in April, and wanted to leave from FLL since it was so close to home, but there is nothing showing. At least for Carnival that is.

Thank you, is RC have less kids than Carnival? My parents are older and I think would prefer a quieter ship, but don't want to break the bank. They asked me to look into it, I am the planner in the family :p

That is Spring Break season so there will be more kids than usual on most lines. However I think if they aim for Princess, Celebrity, or Holland America they may find that there are less children than Carnival, Royal, or NCL.

Thank you, is RC have less kids than Carnival? My parents are older and I think would prefer a quieter ship, but don't want to break the bank. They asked me to look into it, I am the planner in the family :p

Later in April would be better as most Spring Breaks are in March and the first week or so in April. RCI and Carnival both have a lot of families. If they can afford them Celebrity, Princess or HAL would be the better choices for a more Quiet vacation (in my opinion).

Later in April would be better as most Spring Breaks are in March and the first week or so in April. RCI and Carnival both have a lot of families. If they can afford them Celebrity, Princess or HAL would be the better choices for a more Quiet vacation (in my opinion).

Just slightly disagreeing with the dates as NYC and at least our part of CT is the week of april 14th. Most of New England is the following week (starting april 21). Easter is very late this year, so you will find a LOT of families still travelling mid and late april this year. I agree, celebrity, princess and HAL will have less kids.

Edited by rdevine10

That is Spring Break season so there will be more kids than usual on most lines. However I think if they aim for Princess, Celebrity, or Holland America they may find that there are less children than Carnival, Royal, or NCL.

I agree. They might really enjoy Princess, Celebrity and HAL and not nearly as many kids as the others mentioned. We are in our 60's and do cruise on Carnival, but just back from a cruise to Hawaii on Celebrity and there were very few kids aboard. It was a nice break after being on the Breeze last Aug. with 1300 kids. Yikes, a lot of little brats on that one!

Miami sounds like a better alternative. I really think that Port of Miami is easier to navigate as well. The convenience of FLL though is hard to ignore. Shuttle service from FLL to POM isn't very expensive though.

I'm booked on RCL's Independence of Seas, out of FLL. 6 nights sailing on April 20th.

That was my last cruise. Really nice ship (aside from the revolving doors near the windjammer cafe). If you haven't sailed IOS before I highly suggest cramming all your exploring in the first sea day. 6 days wasn't enough to experience most of the ship! Seeing as how you've sailed LOS before, I suppose you'll be good haha.

Edited by seannyice81

Miami sounds like a better alternative. I really think that Port of Miami is easier to navigate as well. The convenience of FLL though is hard to ignore. Shuttle service from FLL to POM isn't very expensive though.

We took a shuttle last year from a hotel in FLL to Port of Miami for $15 PP. They picked us up right at the hotel and it was very easy. We thought the price was good too. Can't recall the name of the company, but think you could easily google it.

I agree. They might really enjoy Princess, Celebrity and HAL and not nearly as many kids as the others mentioned. We are in our 60's and do cruise on Carnival, but just back from a cruise to Hawaii on Celebrity and there were very few kids aboard. It was a nice break after being on the Breeze last Aug. with 1300 kids. Yikes, a lot of little brats on that one!

This is a misleading post to someone not an experienced cruiser. You can't compare a Celebrity Pacific cruise to a summer cruise on Breeze.

But, I agree that any Celebrity cruise would be more adult no matter when you go.

The Carnival Freedom which currently sails six and eight day voyages from Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) is scheduled for it's drydock in April 2014. It's the only ship in Carnival's fleet that sails from that location. Royal Caribbean's Freedom Of The Seas sails from Port Canaveral on seven day voyages on alternating trips to the Eastern and Western Caribbean.

Just booked the Dream out of Port Canaveral but was really looking at something out of FLL. Princess has their new ship the Royal that was running a reduced rate compared to the usual prices, Celebrity had a decent price on the Reflection. HAL doesn't interest me anymore so didn't price them (too quiet). Either one would be good to go on but both are more quiet than Carnival and alot less kids. We are taking our teen so figured Carnival was the best option plus FLL was more to fly into this time.

This is a misleading post to someone not an experienced cruiser. You can't compare a Celebrity Pacific cruise to a summer cruise on Breeze.

But, I agree that any Celebrity cruise would be more adult no matter when you go.

True statement and I was not trying to compare. My point was that there are far fewer kids on Celebrity than on Carnival. Plus, Caribbean cruises usually have more kids onboard than the longer cruises too. You can't really compare Celebrity to Carnival. They do not have the same demographics.