Guarentee Cabins

artvlay

The first part I'm not sure of with Celebrity, but I have been able to change cabins in the same category on other lines after a guarantee has been assigned.

As for the second part, yes you can upgrade but you pay the difference between what you paid for the guarantee and the current price of the upgraded cabin. It doesn't matter what the current price of your assigned cabin is, but what you paid for the guarantee. For example, on our last cruise I wanted to downgrade a 2A to a 2B and they wouldn't let me do that because the 2B was actually selling for $500 more than I paid for the guarantee, so to downgrade to the 2B they were going to make me pay $500.

Edited by AlbertaCruisers

If you book a guarentee cabin and after they assign you a specific cabin can you change it to another cabin in the same class? Also, after they assign you a cabin, can you buy a higher grade cabin?

As soon as you get your cabin assignment, you can switch to any other one you prefer in the same category. You can also upgrade, but the cost difference will be from what you paid and not what the cost is when you switch.

When I have gone the guarantee route on Norwegian and Princess, I didn't get the cabin assignment until a couple weeks prior to the cruise. When does Celebrity traditionally give you a cabin assignment?

Edited by artvlay

Sometimes the same day. Also, you can be assigned the same cabin number again. We could not choose the new cabin just the same category. This happened to us and we ended up paying for an assigned cabin as the gty was about as far forward as you can get and they would allow only one move.

As soon as you get your cabin assignment, you can switch to any other one you prefer in the same category. You can also upgrade, but the cost difference will be from what you paid and not what the cost is when you switch.

Not in the UK, they refuse to move you - last time I was told 'It's not worth my job' We even tried captains club and pointed out that both canada and use passengers can change theirs and they said 'no can do'

Not in the UK, they refuse to move you - last time I was told 'It's not worth my job' We even tried captains club and pointed out that both canada and use passengers can change theirs and they said 'no can do'

That is terrible customer service IMHO.

This is true in the UK. The Ts & Cs state:

"...For all changes that we consider to be minor changes (such as change of stateroom or name changes on an existing booking by way of example only), outside of 56 days from departure (such as change of stateroom or name changes on an existing booking), an amendment fee of £35 per guest per booking..."

If there is a price drop you can cancel and rebook but lose your deposit. Even if you want to upgrade you have to pay the £35 admin fee per person plus the price diff on the cost of the upgrade. Although this has not always been the case and we had been able to switch rooms on previous bookings it did happen on our last cruise and is the reason we have booked with a US TA this time.

Edited by ali-ali-oh