LeCirque worth difference from Pinnacle Grill

TNhome

We just did Le Cirque on Ryndam. We were disappointed. The soup was cold and the black cod undercooked. Really undercooked. Maybe this is the way it is done in "fancy" restaurants but it was terrible. My husband got the steak. It was wonderful. All 4 of us ate his steak. It was huge. The wine pairing was OK. They give you a glass of champagne, glass of white and glass of red. All were pretty good. Cost was $ 20. pp. I think the Pinnacle is nicer.

We just came off the Veendam where 4 friends went to Le Cirque and told us they did not think it was worth the money. They were all unimpressed with the food and somewhat unhappy with the limited menu selection. Both of these couple do like dining in the Pinnacle (as do we).

Hank

How to cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam:

Cabin

Save and get the largest inside cabin at sea (J on deck 1)

Dining

2 formal nights at MDR

1 Pinnacle

1 LeCirque

1 Tamarind

1 Evening at Lido Buffet - get some rest of restaurants and enjoy informal dining

Breakfast - Lido buffet - best breakfasts at sea. Early risers take it all. No room service!

Pools

Sea View pool - aft pool for adults only has real sea views

Well-being

Be on the beautiful wrap-around promenade in the morning. Jog a few circles. Get your endorphin level burst. Repeat it in the afternoon. Try padded loungers.

Book Hydropool &Thermal suite for 7 days.

Check gym once a day.

Try one of the largest sports court at sea.

Enjoy a huge and private sun deck midships.

Still don't know how to spend money you saved? Book a Retreat cabana.

Enrichment

Eurodam & Nieuw Amsterdam are floating museums of art and maritime history. Enjoy.

Itinerary

Eastern Caribbean Grand Turk + Half Moon Cay = Two days in Paradise.

Use this recipe and realize that your previous cruises were a prelude to a real Cruise Ship.

Please remember in the future that jogging is not permitted on the Promenade Deck.

I took this picture on our recent Nieuw Amsterdam cruises:

2013_Nieuw_Amsterdam_Ship_Pictures_337.JPG

With all due respect maybe what is important to you is not important to someone else. Does it really matter if you asked the question or not? I went to the sommeliers dinner on the Westerdam in 2011. What a waste of money. Others do like it.

We did the Cellar Master's dinner this past spring on the Westerdam and loved it.

Only problem -- the Cellar Master had a hard time talking about the different wine parings for the various courses because of the Screaming HAL Cats.

Please remember in the future that jogging is not permitted on the Promenade Deck.

I am familiar with this sign. I consider it as a precaution.

On many ships the "official" jogging tracks are actually barely usable... for walking.

All things have to be done in a reasonable way. Jogging is not racing.

I always slow down to walking where promenade makes turns (this is where the sigh is posted).

Unlike those "jogging track" gimmicks, the beautiful wrap-around promenade on the Nieuw Amsterdam is large enough to comfortably accommodate joggers and walkers.

The best time is early morning when I share the freshness of a new day with nothing but the sea and other joggers/walkers.

I don't jog when promenade is busy.

My jogging does not affect anyone on the ship.

There are no cabins under promenade deck.

If I am as happy as to ever be on the Nieuw Amsterdam again, I will definitely enjoy my usual morning circles on the promenade with all reasonable precautions.

I invite everyone to join me.

Put on proper shoes and let your cruising experience soar!

beqg3.jpg

I am familiar with this sign. I consider it as a precaution.

On many ships the "official" jogging tracks are actually barely usable... for walking.

All things have to be done in a reasonable way. Jogging is not racing.

I always slow down to walking where promenade makes turns (this is where the sigh is posted).

Unlike those "jogging track" gimmicks, the beautiful wrap-around promenade on the Nieuw Amsterdam is large enough to comfortably accommodate joggers and walkers.

The best time is early morning when I share the freshness of a new day with nothing but the sea and other joggers/walkers.

I don't jog when promenade is busy.

My jogging does not affect anyone on the ship.

There are no cabins under promenade deck.

If I am as happy as to ever be on the Nieuw Amsterdam again, I will definitely enjoy my usual morning circles on the promenade with all reasonable precautions.

I invite everyone to join me.

Put on proper shoes and let your cruising experience soar!

beqg3.jpg

If the sign on the NA is like the sign shown it says no jogging, it means no jogging. There is no other interpretation. Can't understand where this discretionary "precaution" excuse came from.

You do relinquish your rights when you choose to board a cruise ship and agree to abide by the order of the ship, for all passengers and crew's mutual benefit and safety. :confused:

Those sitting quietly on deck loungers don't like the thump, thump thump of joggers either. Just don't do it.

There is another reason for the "No Jogging" rule on the promenade deck. On some ships (not sure if its all the HAL ships) there are cabins located below the Promenade. For example, on the Veendam the outside cabins on Main Deck (deck 5) have the Promenade running right over their ceiling. The many passengers in these cabins do not appreciate hearing "thump thump thump" while they are trying to sleep or just relax in their cabin. Even heavy footed walkers can be heard....but their thumping is barely audible.

Hank

There is another reason for the "No Jogging" rule on the promenade deck. On some ships (not sure if its all the HAL ships) there are cabins located below the Promenade. For example, on the Veendam the outside cabins on Main Deck (deck 5) have the Promenade running right over their ceiling. The many passengers in these cabins do not appreciate hearing "thump thump thump" while they are trying to sleep or just relax in their cabin. Even heavy footed walkers can be heard....but their thumping is barely audible.

Hank

This is not the case with the Vista & Signature Class ships. No cabins under the promenade.

I know I'm new here, but it's really discouraging how so many innocent threads on this board turn into fights. I end up feeling worried that someone will be watching everyone on board, waiting to jump on rule violations!

Anyway.....can we get back to LC vs PG? I'm very curious about the question :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure "those sitting quietly on deck loungers" (please see the photo) will forgive me. :)

No jogging means no jogging. No exceptions. It is not ours to justify to you, or yours to find ways to evade, and then brag about it. Just follow the signs when onboard ship, okay?

I know I'm new here, but it's really discouraging how so many innocent threads on this board turn into fights. I end up feeling worried that someone will be watching everyone on board, waiting to jump on rule violations!

Anyway.....can we get back to LC vs PG? I'm very curious about the question :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering there are the three really important rules previously posted for passengers to follow, let's hope they do get jumped on if they are violated.

Now back to the 50/50 decision about PC vs Le Cirque. :p

No jogging means no jogging. No exceptions. It is not ours to justify to you, or yours to find ways to evade, and then brag about it. Just follow the signs when onboard ship, okay?

Let's finish about promenade.

With all the respect, I will continue to do what I have been doing on cruise ships on all cruise lines for years.

I thought the original post concerned the PG, and,perhaps other dining venues, aboard the cruise other than the MDR or Lido.

If all else fails regarding the 'jogging crisis' 20 minutes or so on one of the ships gym treadmills should be considered a subsitute. Less crowded don't you know

Now, more importantly, back to eating venues versus morning exercising.

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

And, I might add, Happy Holidays to one and all.

Bob

IMO, using a treadmill on a First Class resort ship with a real promenade is like eating burgers and pizza in a first class restaurant, i.e. ersatz vs real product.

Specialty dining choices.

If I plan the only evening in a specialty venue, my options will be Tamarind or LeCirque.

For two evenings: obviously LC + Tamarind

For three evenings I would happily try the full program: Tamarind, LC, regular Pinnacle Grill.

I would respectfully skip Canaletto.

There may be other specialty options ("special events") depending on the ship.

There is always one who believes he/she can break all the rules. Running on the promenade deck is restricted for a reason...you can run around the upper pool deck which is where the staff will also run. That is acceptable and much better than believing you are owed something you are not. There are signs and reasons for restrictions, you should have the courtesy to abide by the cruise line rules. In my humble opinion, that is. Recently on a 35 day cruise all who wanted to run ran around the upper pool deck and left the promenade deck to the walkers as it should be. Thanks for listening to my opinion.

With all due respect, the simple solution for a wanton rule breaker is to put them off the ship at the next port. Now whether the rule makes sense is another issue and is certainly something open to debate.

Hank

IMO, using a treadmill on a First Class resort ship with a real promenade is like eating burgers and pizza in a first class restaurant, i.e. ersatz vs real product.

Specialty dining choices.

If I plan the only evening in a specialty venue, my options will be Tamarind or LeCirque.

For two evenings: obviously LC + Tamarind

For three evenings I would happily try the full program: Tamarind, LC, regular Pinnacle Grill.

I would respectfully skip Canaletto.

There may be other specialty options ("special events") depending on the ship.

Read one of your links. Interesting design perspectives and observations. One might hope you were hired by HAL to buff up of her classic lines. So while your eye is good; your promenade jog is still off limits.

Edited by OlsSalt

How to cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam:

Cabin

Save and get the largest inside cabin at sea (J on deck 1)

Dining

2 formal nights at MDR

1 Pinnacle

1 LeCirque

1 Tamarind

1 Evening at Lido Buffet - get some rest of restaurants and enjoy informal dining

Breakfast - Lido buffet - best breakfasts at sea. Early risers take it all. No room service!

Pools

Sea View pool - aft pool for adults only has real sea views

Well-being

Be on the beautiful wrap-around promenade in the morning. Jog a few circles. Get your endorphin level burst. Repeat it in the afternoon. Try padded loungers.

Book Hydropool &Thermal suite for 7 days.

Check gym once a day.

Try one of the largest sports court at sea.

Enjoy a huge and private sun deck midships.

Still don't know how to spend money you saved? Book a Retreat cabana.

Enrichment

Eurodam & Nieuw Amsterdam are floating museums of art and maritime history. Enjoy.

Itinerary

Eastern Caribbean Grand Turk + Half Moon Cay = Two days in Paradise.

Use this recipe and realize that your previous cruises were a prelude to a real Cruise Ship.

Having read your review of your Celebrity ship experience, you seem flush with praise for HAL ships in comparison. Or will there be another shoe to drop? Hopefully, not a Michael Jordan Air on the Promenade deck.

There is always one who believes he/she can break all the rules. Running on the promenade deck is restricted for a reason...you can run around the upper pool deck which is where the staff will also run. That is acceptable and much better than believing you are owed something you are not. There are signs and reasons for restrictions, you should have the courtesy to abide by the cruise line rules. In my humble opinion, that is. Recently on a 35 day cruise all who wanted to run ran around the upper pool deck and left the promenade deck to the walkers as it should be. Thanks for listening to my opinion.

I prefer to wrap up jogging topic.

I am surely listening to your opinion:)

Now is your turn to look at the photo provided.

Cunard QM2 and similar ships based on Vista class, Carnival and Costa ships (Spirit class) with similar deck have no restrictions regarding jogging. We all enjoyed jogging on those ships.

If HAL ever decides to enforce barely visible "no jogging" sign placed in a distant corner of the promenade (that speaks for the status of this "rule") I will surely follow the requirements.

At this point - let's bring our appetite to specialty dining venues!:)