How much better are the mini suites on the Jewel over std balcony ones?

terrydtx

Free? I'd upgrade in a heartbeat. I love the extra space, the curtain separating the living area from the sleeping area, dual climate control, and larger bathroom (mini's on the Jewel class all have tubs).

How does the dual climate control work? It is still only one room. We took the upgrade with pleasure, I just wanted to know how much better this would be for our group. I know when we booked our BA cabins the mini suites were over $200 more pp, so this free upgrade is wonderful.:D

How does the dual climate control work? It is still only one room. We took the upgrade with pleasure, I just wanted to know how much better this would be for our group. I know when we booked our BA cabins the mini suites were over $200 more pp, so this free upgrade is wonderful.:D

The climate controls are in either side of the curtain. So if you're like us, and like your room cold for sleeping, you can draw the curtain (which is pretty heavy) and cool the sleeping area, while leaving the living area more comfortable for watching TV.

Four of us in our group got upgraded free yesterday from BA to MA mini suites. Other than a few more sq feet how much better are the mini's over the BA std cabins? This is my first NCL cruise.

We really like mini suites (although nothing wrong with a standard balcony room either). Here's a link to a Pearl mini which is just like a Jewel mini.

http://s241.photobucket.com/user/roganderson60/library/Pearl%20Mini%20Suite?sort=2&page=1

mini-suites have a real usable couch too. Balcony rooms don't. We loved our mini on the Jewel. They also have a flat screen tv, and I'm not sure if the balcony rooms have been upgraded yet (the insides have not). Overall more room and more comfortable. The only thing to be worried about is what's above you, since minis are on 11 and 12 is the pool deck. It CAN be noisy depending on the itinerary, weather, your location, and time of day

DSCN4708-vi.jpg

Edited by sdmike

Yes, it can be as much as 80 sq ft, that is room and balcony. 8x10 ft=80 sq ft.

To us location is much more important. Where was the original balcony and where is the mini? Those are to issues.

We had a BA midship balcony on deck 10, the mini is a midship MA on 11, will deck 12 noise be a problem at that location?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

We had a BA midship balcony on deck 10, the mini is a midship MA on 11, will deck 12 noise be a problem at that location?

There are so many mini's on deck 11 so it depends on which one your in. The buffet, specialty restaurants, fitness center and pool are all up on 12. Depending on your room, could be anything. If you want to list your stateroom, I will try to look and see the specifics. Or you can look on that web site that lists deck plans?

I've written about our good and bad experiences in deck 11 MA minisuites on Jewel class ships on these threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1740382

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1890927

In summary: I wouldn't book a cabin under the sun deck again, under the seating area of buffet is all right. There are others that have stated that the galleys of buffet and Italian restaurants are noisy at nights.

Edited by Demonyte

Here's the link that will help see what's above the cabin, just drag the deck 11 over deck 12 while lining up the stairs ~

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian%20Jewel

Edited by Alliezona09

We are in 11044 which looks like is under the pool deck. However getting the free upgrade and extra 80 square feet the noise will be tolerable :D

Edited by terrydtx