"Live from" Queen Elizabeth to the Mediterannean! My First Cunard Experience

lovely_serenity

The weather on the east coast has been headline news around the world.

Well I don't really watch or read the news LOL. I get all my news from my Dad, who does. Come to think about it, I think he did actually mention at one point that the east coast ww getting hit pretty hard by snow storms and whatnot..

Here’s the pasta chef:

12579670833_4acb52e430_b.jpg

Dad gets him own creation of pasta made, and it is DELICIOUS:

12783032633_550bf57be0_b.jpg

Looks good, huh? (it tasted better than the pasta I had eaten in the dining room LOL)

While he gets his personalized pasta, I run around taking random photos of what there is to eat:

Roasted Potatoes & Mushrooms:

12783344054_69fa7e3365_b.jpg

Tomato Brochettes & some unidentifiable meat concoction:

12783028773_c3c59c85ea_b.jpg

Mushroom Risotto & Sliced Potatoes:

12782915115_4d5d405f75_b.jpg

As well as some fruits:

12783034313_b3e6c3288e_b.jpg

Edited by lovely_serenity

Oh dear :( I hope there hasn't been too much damage.

Thanks Lovely-Serenity, We haven't been to badly hit in my county/state/province, think I covered all there, but down in the South West farmers have been hit very badly and have lost everything as there farms are several feet underwater and they have lost thousands of £s. Our great british government that said money was NO object in helping not just farmers but ordinary homeowners get back on their feet, are now only giving farmers £5000 pounds each only about $8000 and does not cover a fraction of what it will cost for them to get their livelihoods back on track.

Just glad where I live we have managed to escape so far.

Thanks Lovely-Serenity, We haven't been to badly hit in my county/state/province, think I covered all there, but down in the South West farmers have been hit very badly and have lost everything as there farms are several feet underwater and they have lost thousands of £s. Our great british government that said money was NO object in helping not just farmers but ordinary homeowners get back on their feet, are now only giving farmers £5000 pounds each only about $8000 and does not cover a fraction of what it will cost for them to get their livelihoods back on track.

Just glad where I live we have managed to escape so far.

Oh my, well I'm glad that you guys weren't impacted by it too greatly. Unfortunate for the South West farmers, though. :/ Well, at least the governments trying to help LOL

Anyways, good that you guys made it out okay! ^^

Oh my goodness, that's unfortunate. Actually, I believe a week ago, we on the West coast of Canada were supposedly due to have some sort of freak snow storm! I knew it was a current coming from the States, but I had no idea that the east coast was getting hit as well! Good on you for having insurance though. What cruise was it supposed to be?

21 days on the Ryndam -- we have done that cruise a few other times and have been to all the ports multiple times.

We just wanted to escape all this horrible weather.

This is wonderful, we are already at day 2/3 of the cruise and it has only taken 3 months and 335 posts to reach this point.

Well, is anyone forcing you to read this? You gotta understand, that this is one of the most in-depth reviews here in the forums, and it's not being written by an adult with plenty of free time. This is coming from a teen with school and homeworks plus the usual teen stuff. Sarah here is doing an amazing job, if you can't appreciate it, then just shut up.

Well, is anyone forcing you to read this? You gotta understand, that this is one of the most in-depth reviews here in the forums, and it's not being written by an adult with plenty of free time. This is coming from a teen with school and homeworks plus the usual teen stuff. Sarah here is doing an amazing job, if you can't appreciate it, then just shut up.

How charming! I feel that this is an in depth study of food rather than the cruise. Just a small point but thank you for your opinion.

Well said !!

I love this review exactly the way it is! Wouldn't change a thing. Great job Sarah, and thank you for taking the time to post it!

Also, thanks so much for comparing the different cruise lines for me. Very detailed and I really appreciate it.

As for me, cruising is very much about the food as well! Thanks for all the pictures.

How charming! I feel that this is an in depth study of food rather than the cruise. Just a small point but thank you for your opinion.

If you don't like the way Sarah writes, then don't read it. Simple as that. I'm sure a lot of readers, myself included, enjoy her writing style.

I continued to take pictures of the late night buffet:

12783037013_1d1b779fd1_b.jpg

I noticed that at this time, you would frequently see head officers eating as well! (Hehe look there’s Dad to the right).

They also had this little rotating warmer that contained various cheese covered pastries and pizzas:

12783362744_8259ab0d1e_b.jpg

Oops, I accidentally focused the lens on the name plates, but oh well, now you can read it! :D

12783065653_da3544b144_b.jpg

There was also quite an assortment of vegetables and greens to create your own salads:

12783528654_f7b6283cda_b.jpg

Here’s the cold cut and cheese section (that I’ve heard quite a few people enjoy):

12783158395_34753e1339_b.jpg

Fruit! I actually ate quite a bit of fruit at breakfast every day, especially the mixed fruit salad (on the left). I really like fruits, but am usually too lazy to cut them up to eat LOL.

12783209593_4078e65a7a_b.jpg

Some crackers and cold sandwiches:

12783587184_bbfef80651_b.jpg

We couldn’t actually eat these because they were hidden behind a barricade of food trays, but I zoomed in to take a photo anyways because they looked pretty :P.

12783132085_b87190baf2_b.jpg

And finally, here’s the drink station + ice cream machine area. You can see that the people were dressed quite formally here.

12783102665_7662311ff0_b.jpg

After eating our fill, we all headed back to our rooms, I inputted my logs into my iPad and read the Canadian newspaper for a bit

12024723364_c2c7043415_b.jpg

12024363635_e479110356_b.jpg

12024426283_c636e2518b_b.jpg

before drifting off the sleep.

End of Day 2

Well, I tend to focus on the most important aspect of my trip (to me). To me, it's the food that sets cruises apart. It often reflects the other points and characteristics of the cruise line. It is probably what would affect my enjoyment on a vacation the most. Even if I have lots of fun, but every day I eat food that tastes like ... Yuck, I would be quite unhappy. That is why I focus on the food.

I love this review exactly the way it is! Wouldn't change a thing. Great job Sarah, and thank you for taking the time to post it!

Also, thanks so much for comparing the different cruise lines for me. Very detailed and I really appreciate it.

As for me, cruising is very much about the food as well! Thanks for all the pictures.

Thank you very much (: and thank you for reading!

No problem! ^^ I was waiting for somebody to ask a question like that LOL. I really like questions like that.

I agree! Food is like the most important factor for me. && No problem~

Edited by lovely_serenity

Having followed Sarah on her previous blog I know it is worth the wait. The even better news is she has another cruise coming up so once she has finished this review it will be on to the next.

Aw thanks (: That's so sweet. && haha yay! :D I'm looking forward to making another!

Lovely_Serenity, I do like your style of cruise reviewing. Food is a very important aspect of the trip since you're stuck on the ship for food unless eating out during excursions.

I am soon going on my second cruise, another mediterranean cruise, with Oceania. This line is a foodie cruise so I know I will enjoy it. Since I have only been on Oceania it's nice to see how other cruise lines compare.

Thank you!

21 days on the Ryndam -- we have done that cruise a few other times and have been to all the ports multiple times.

We just wanted to escape all this horrible weather.

All the food looks great.

Ohh, that's too bad that your vacation fell through ): That sounded like fun. What part of the world?

&& thanks c:

I am enjoying your review, Sarah, and many others are, too.

Ignore the moaners! Unfortunately, some Brits can be SO pompous and condescending - as well as being downright rude.

For a youngster who has many other things to occupy her time (like studying) I think you are doing a grand job! I am very impressed by your photos. I wish I could manage to work out how to upload some.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by ellie1145

Sarah, I'm sure the subject of bullying has been discussed at your school. You are handling this bully wannabe far better than most adults would.

You have a large following out here in cruise land who just adore your writing, photos, intelligence and personality. I predict a glowing future for you.