"Live from" Queen Elizabeth to the Mediterannean! My First Cunard Experience

lovely_serenity

Sarah:

Thank you for taking us along on your cruise! PLEASE continue with your writing for your upcoming Disney cruise! Your loyal followers can't wait. You have a great talent and your parents must be proud of your accomplishments. We wish you the best in your future.

BTW, ever thought of writing a Vancouver sightseeing and foodie guide? We hope to visit it one day along with an Alaskan cruise and would love read your comments.

Z and TB

HI all!

Sarah ~ wow you sure did go out with a bang! Tremendous effort & a fine job!:D

Too bad the food failed to meet your expectations but you did make it look good & it was nice to read the menu & wonder what you'd choose.;)

I was wondering with all that food but also a LOT of walking & gym did you gain any weight? (I always do!):o

Looking forward to your Disney cruise report whenever you do it. Have a great time with your family!

~ Jo ~ :)

Sarah,

Thank you for a wonderful trip report. I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite some of the snarky comments left by others. Your pictures were great!

I hope you enjoy your next trip and I look forward to the report. I'm sure Disney will have more pleasant dining room servers!

Hi!

You're welcome! (: I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed it! && Thanks!

Thank you! && Thanks for the support! I will definitely be writing another one! ^^

& I sure hope so! We had a fantastic serving team last time!

Thanks for your epic review Sarah! I really liked the Daily Programmes you showed as I have referred to them a couple of times now when questions arose for our cruise on QE next year.

As I have followed your travels through your pictures, I have to smile. It seems like you mom needs to have a nice hat to wear for excursions rather than the paper she always has to hold over her head to block out the sun. ;) And I can always spot your "Sis" by her favorite striped shirt.

Seriously, though loved a lot of your camera shots and angles! Although I am not a "foodie" I liked your pictures of the food when you told what the dish was and whether you/your family enjoyed it.

I will look forward to your future reviews! Thanks again.

14577360260_d78337618d_b.jpg

14577360930_d815c5f911_b.jpg

14763728262_fee2a3f5b9_b.jpg

14783926613_ef992791dc_b.jpg

The beach area was really pretty!! According to my Dad, Limassol was a very popular vacation destination amongst the British!

14764061415_d5256099de_b.jpg

14764064925_c2f2fd80df_b.jpg

Hi Sarah been catching up with your superb blog.

Great photos as ever.

Seems a while since I went to meet the ship in port. I have been on QE for her world cruise this year. I just wanted to point out to you the Castle you visited is Limassol Castle and it was the home of

Richard the Lionheart.

Limassol is a large built up town and it has a 17 km bay with great hotels and beach facilities. You only went around the corner from the port in what is known as the old port area. Old part of town. The newer modern part is further along the bay and there is a large shopping mall near the port you could have visited that houses many famous European brands.

Your father is partly correct. British do go to Limassol for their holidays but nowadays it is mainly Russians who are in Limassol. The British favour anywhere else on the island especially Paphos. Limassol is not the most pretty of towns on the island as it is very built up and is a commercial centre.

Cyprus was a British Colony so it is always popular with the Brits. There are hundreds of thousands of us live here full time .

If you come again try and get away from the old port area and go further afield. it is a pretty spectacular island in parts the mountains are stunning and the Monasteries in the mountains are very special.

Glad you had a good trip and thanks for all your hard work on posting.

Edited by maggiemou

Thanks again, Sarah, for devoting so much time and effort to this report.

I see you received the Canadian edition of the on-board newspaper (with Toronto's mayor prominently featured most days). On our last six Cunard voyages we received, at first, only the US newspaper. Each time I had to wonder why Canadians heading to Britain would be given only the US version. Usually we got the appropriate Canadian and British papers with only one request, but sometimes it took two.

I'm pleased to see that souvenir menus are still given on the Queen Elizabeth. They appear to have stopped that on the Queen Mary 2 a couple of years ago.

It has been my pleasure! (: Thank you for reading!

Indeed! (& LOL I noticed that too). Oh really? I didn't know that! Wow then I must be more grateful for getting the appropriate newspapers every night! ^^

Ah, is that so? I was actually quite surprised when they just handed me this random packet! I thought it was a very nice souvenir from them!

Sarah,

Many thanks for taking us back down memory lane with you excellent review and beautiful photographs. I even appear in two of them, not saying which. For me your blog has been a lifeline since many of my own photographs were spoiled by an intermittent camera malfunction. When I get the chance I am going to re-read all the way through uninterrupted. Again many thanks, it was a wonderful cruise. All the best with your university career.

Cute tiger! Sarah, I've noticed that you and your family seem to get motion sickness fairly easily. Have you ever tried taking meclizine for that? I know that I tend get it very easily as well, to the point that I probably wouldn't be able to cruise if I didn't take meclizine every day. I begin taking it the day before my cruise starts and make sure to take a dose (which last 24 hours) every day of my cruise. I've been in quite rough seas on numerous occasions and have never felt the least bit queasy. It might be worth trying.

It's supposed to be non-drowsy, but I have known people to feel sleepy taking 2 pills a day. You may want to try only taking one pill per day to see how it works for you. Also, I take mine first thing in the morning, but many who've experienced drowsiness taking it say they get better results taking it before bed at night.

Thanks for another great travelogue!

KK

Hi KK!

Haha thank you! (: && indeed, it is quite a serious problem for us ^^" We actually are taking meclizine LOL. It is actually the best motion sickness medicine we have used thus far (we use the brand Bonine). Even so, it seems that we are still quite susceptible to it! However, we haven't taken it the day before the cruise starts, we should try it! We usually take it at dinner time every night (half a pill because it makes us drowsy), maybe next time we'll take higher doses if the motion gets too bad :p Thanks!!

Thank you for the very thorough review!! I was nervous to sail on the QE this Nov, but you have made it look amazing! Thanks for posting the activities and the shows and everything about the ship. Looks like an amazing trip. Less than 3 months and counting for me!! Thanks again!

You are very welcome! :) Don't be nervous! It's an incredibly lovely ship! The atmosphere around the place was the best I've ever experienced at sea! That was my favourite aspect of the entire cruise! && No problem! I'm glad this has helped set your mind at ease ^^ and I certainly hope that you have a wonderful cruise on her in November! If you remember, please pop back over here to tell me about what you thought of her!

PARTIAL QUOTE

Thank you Sarah, but I'm a bit sorry to read that you spent "the last 14 hours straight writing this." Just my personal opinion, but there are better things to do in the summer - at any age - but especially when one is young.

I wish you all the best as you embark on your college career. Regards, -Salacia

You're welcome! && Do not worry, on the days I wasn't working on this, I was out with friends enjoying my summer (: I had just decided in the heat of the moment that I would finish this report!

Thank you very much!!

Sarah - don't know if you are still monitoring this or not. We're on the QE World Cruise in 2015, so loved all the shots of the ship, etc.

We were in Santorini for several days a few years ago (ferry from Piraeus - flight back). We found the best dark chocolate gelato we've ever had in Santorini (not far from your yogurt place, I think - but not self-serve). Sevilla has a runner-up dark chocolate (sugar free, even) that was quite yummy, but we will always remember our gelato in Santorini :)

I have enjoyed reading your review! I am looking forward to following you on your Disney cruise. We were not overly impressed with the food on the Disney Dream, hopefully you will have a much more positive experience on your ship. Not being a foodie it wasn't a big deal. Overall we thought the Disney experience was amazing.

Hopefully, the people on the Disney thread will be more tolerant and less negative. It made me sad to read some of the remarks made on this thread. Remember you have a lot of loyal followers who will patiently wait as living life is much more important than reporting on it.

I am very happy to hear that! (: I will definitely be writing up another one for my Disney cruise! The last time I was on the Wonder to Alaska, we actually found the food to be some of the best we had had at sea! We were actually very impressed with it. I think the quality hasn't deteriorated since then because the recent reviews I have read depict quality extremely similar to what I experienced several years ago!

Haha, I am very thankful to all of you who are so faithfully following my trip reports! ^^ It's due to you guys that I keep writing!

Sarah:

Thank you for taking us along on your cruise! PLEASE continue with your writing for your upcoming Disney cruise! Your loyal followers can't wait. You have a great talent and your parents must be proud of your accomplishments. We wish you the best in your future.

BTW, ever thought of writing a Vancouver sightseeing and foodie guide? We hope to visit it one day along with an Alaskan cruise and would love read your comments.

Z and TB

Z and TB,

It has been my pleasure (: I will most definitely be doing so! Thank you very much for your support! It is greatly appreciated!!

Haha I have indeed considered doing something like that, but wasn't too sure because I actually live in the city just south of Vancouver (YVR is wedged between Vancouver and Richmond), so I wasn't sure if blogging about Richmond would count as Vancouver! ^^' That being said, I will definitely try to give you as many tips as I can if that opportunity can around!

Once again, thank you very much!! :)

Hi KK!

Haha thank you! (: && indeed, it is quite a serious problem for us ^^" We actually are taking meclizine LOL. It is actually the best motion sickness medicine we have used thus far (we use the brand Bonine). Even so, it seems that we are still quite susceptible to it! However, we haven't taken it the day before the cruise starts, we should try it! We usually take it at dinner time every night (half a pill because it makes us drowsy), maybe next time we'll take higher doses if the motion gets too bad :p Thanks!!

I don't think a half of a pill is a high enough dose for you and your family. I would try a whole pill each day, starting the day before your cruise. And like I said above, if it makes you drowsy, try taking it before bedtime each night.

Good luck,

KK

HI all!

Sarah ~ wow you sure did go out with a bang! Tremendous effort & a fine job!:D

Too bad the food failed to meet your expectations but you did make it look good & it was nice to read the menu & wonder what you'd choose.;)

I was wondering with all that food but also a LOT of walking & gym did you gain any weight? (I always do!):o

Looking forward to your Disney cruise report whenever you do it. Have a great time with your family!

~ Jo ~ :)

Haha, thanks Jo! :D && that was what I was aiming for ;)

Well you can't have it all, right? ^^ I think that was really the only aspect that didn't meet my expectations. Eerything else was good! && that's good! (:

I actually gained a bit of weight, but less than normal! Maybe 3-4 pounds?

I will work hard on my upcoming trip report! (; thank you very much!

Thanks for your epic review Sarah! I really liked the Daily Programmes you showed as I have referred to them a couple of times now when questions arose for our cruise on QE next year.

As I have followed your travels through your pictures, I have to smile. It seems like you mom needs to have a nice hat to wear for excursions rather than the paper she always has to hold over her head to block out the sun. ;) And I can always spot your "Sis" by her favorite striped shirt.

Seriously, though loved a lot of your camera shots and angles! Although I am not a "foodie" I liked your pictures of the food when you told what the dish was and whether you/your family enjoyed it.

I will look forward to your future reviews! Thanks again.

You're very welcome! :) Thank you for taking the time to read it! I'm very happy that it was able to be useful as you prepped for your upcoming QE cruise!

LOL Haha she told me to tell you not to worry, as she has recently purchased a nice hat ^^. However, she also pointed out that her papers are always more portable than hats :D :D :D && Haha we can see a trend in my sister's favourite clothing to wear!

Thank you! (: I was hoping to help people distinguish which were the dishes that you REALLY had to stay away from, and which they REALLY had to try! ^^

I will work hard on my next review, I disembark in exactly a week! (:

It has been my pleasure! Thank you for reading!

You're very welcome! :) Thank you for taking the time to read it! I'm very happy that it was able to be useful as you prepped for your upcoming QE cruise!

LOL Haha she told me to tell you not to worry, as she has recently purchased a nice hat ^^. However, she also pointed out that her papers are always more portable than hats :D :D :D && Haha we can see a trend in my sister's favourite clothing to wear!

Thank you! (: I was hoping to help people distinguish which were the dishes that you REALLY had to stay away from, and which they REALLY had to try! ^^

I will work hard on my next review, I disembark in exactly a week! (:

It has been my pleasure! Thank you for reading!

*Oops, I meant embark :p

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Sarah,

Thank you so much for your fabulous trip report, well written, interesting and we loved it.

It kept our memories going of our awesome trip aboard QE last September to this September when we board again on the 5th. Roll on :-)

Thank you again.... Best wishes to you and your family. X