Christmas door decorations

05mak05

This is just a quick head's up. Dollar Tree has the large refrigerator magnets in stock that are perfect for decorating your stateroom door. We used them last year and they were a big hit with the kids … Christmas tree, Santa, Snowman, Nativity Scene, etc. I went to 3 different stores to round up the entire selection and each time I had to ask a clerk to help me find them. In some stores, they are stacked on the shelves while in others they hang. I was looking right at them (so was the clerk) and we still had to call the store manager to point them out.

These magnets sell on eBay for $6.99 to $9.99 … impressive for $1.00 ! (Tip: Don't use the gel clings on outside doors as they'll leave a stain.) I posted this last year but magic moments are always worth a repeat. On Christmas Eve, our son-in-law took the kids out on the balcony to see the stars. The Carnival Magic was following our ship and the grandchildren saw the lights of the ship in the distance. Our son-in-law said "OH, MY, THERE'S SANTA AND HIS REINDEER!!!" The kids hit the bed so fast and talk about it to this day (It was only 8 pm - ha!) Soooo, if you are traveling with little ones, do go outside on Dec. 24th and see if you can spot Santa …

I pack along several strands of battery powered lights and turn them on when I please. I used to take the plug in sort, but of late my electronics take up all the plugs. I cherish a mini size Nativity that has traveled with me for a long time. I get fresh flowers for that as often as possible.

Edited by PennyAgain