Reasonable Pre-cruise FLL Hotel as Safety in case priceline fails

chopper825

My ultimate plan is to try priceline (for the first time) once I get a little closer to my sail date of January 8 and I guess once my final payment is made. But I want to book a room just in case things don't work out. However, I keep running into problems. Every hotel that looks decent is requiring a prepayment which I don't want to do. I really want to book something just in case and hold it with a credit card. Several hotels I have tried are already completely booked for January (Embassy Suites). Can anyone recommend a decent and reasonable hotel that I can reserve just so I can sleep at night until I try priceline. I am hesitating to do priceline now in fear that I will have to cancel the cruise for some unforeseen reason and I'll be stuck with 2 hotel rooms that I won't be able to use. Any suggestions?

Every hotel that looks decent is requiring a prepayment

All hotels will request credit card information to hold the room. They generally do not charge the credit card until you check in. Most will allow you to cancel up to 6pm on the day of arrival with no penalty. Go ahead, reserve that room. When you feel comfortable about proceeding with Priceline go for it. Who knows, your reservations you make today may be cheaper then Priceline in months to come. ;)

Just FYI. Pelican Beach Resort takes a credit card and charges one night the day you book. I've never dealt with a hotel that has a policy of actually charging one night ahead of time... but that's what they do.

I always book a back up hotel as well, just in case priceline doesn't work out. I have stayed at the Comfort Inn on Sterling Road in Hollywood, Florida. They only require you to hold your reservation with a charge card, nothing is charged. I book this on-line and have also cancelled it on line.

This hotel is just that, a Comfort Inn. Nothing lavish, but fine for one night's stay. They offer a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the pier the next day and a free breakfast buffet. If I hadn't found priceline and become an addict, I'd be staying here.

Hope this helps. Good luck with priceline. I need a room for Feb. 10, 2006, still no luck yet, keep trying.

We have a reservation at the Holiday Inn Espress on 17th st. in F. Lauderdale. Granted this is for next May but they just require a credit card and no payment until we leave from there.

marilyn

We have a reservation at the Holiday Inn Espress on 17th st. in F. Lauderdale. Granted this is for next May but they just require a credit card and no payment until we leave from there.

marilyn

Same here.. :D

what kind of rate did u get for hoilday inn express did u book direct? or through priceline? we saw this hotel when we were there last time and it was very nice looking..thanks Chef Brian

Chef we got the room through AAA for $84.60 plus 11% tax for next May. it might be more when you go depending on the time of year. We booked direct online.

Marilyn

Chopper, you may want to call the 800 number for Embassy Suites to verify that they're sold out. I'm doing exactly the same thing you're doing (holding a back-up room incase Priceline.com doesn't pull through). I booked a room at the E.S. last week USING HILTON POINTS which are quality controlled. If I was able to get a room for January 9 using points, it's hard to imagine them being sold out??

BTW, we've always had great luck with Holiday Inn Express as well through out the USA so this could be a good option for you too. Good Luck!

Try Amerisuites just off 17th. Go to valuetrips.com to check out their rate for January. I have booked through them twice and never had to give a cc or they didn't charge it (Tampa for Memorial Day). Amerisuites includes airport and pier shuttle plus continental breakfast which is a plus and a savings.

Bon Voyage

Thanks everyone, I will try and book the Holiday Inn Express right now. PetLover - I did call Embassy Suites direct and they said the entire hotel was booked for that night. I couldn't believe. The Marriott Marina is also coming up booked. A little scary. I certainly don't expect any hotel to hold a room without a credit card but I just don't want it charged before hand. Thanks again. I can't wait to try priceline.

Archived