Lost camera in Cozumel

fam2cruise

My family visited Nachi Cocom in Cozumel Friday, November 22 and left my camera in the taxi when we were dropped off. I would like to reach out for any assistance in finding it. We came off the Carnival Sunshine, my camera is a red Lumix and contains all of our memories from our vacation. I do not know how to contact the taxi providers there in Cozumel to inquire so any assistance in that regard is greatly appreciated. I have emailed Nachi, but please let me know if you have any other suggestions. I know it's very unlikely that it will be returned but I have to try.

Thanks in advance!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Did you have your name and contact information on your phone?

I know this won't help you now but for others thinking about this: We always make sure our name and cell phone number are on anything that is valuable and can be lost, cameras, cell phone, etc. There are a lot of honest people around who would return this to you but they would need to know who you are and how to contact you.

We get some nice looking labels like these: http://www.mavericklabel.com/products/id-my-stuff.html

They look very professional and neat.

For cameras I also take a photo of a computer screen , or a peice of paper, that says: "If Lost please contact MY-Name; mobile phone 1-###-###-####"

That way if someone is looking at the pictures to try and figue out who's phone it is they'll see the contact info.

My family visited Nachi Cocom in Cozumel Friday, November 22 and left my camera in the taxi when we were dropped off. I would like to reach out for any assistance in finding it. We came off the Carnival Sunshine, my camera is a red Lumix and contains all of our memories from our vacation. I do not know how to contact the taxi providers there in Cozumel to inquire so any assistance in that regard is greatly appreciated. I have emailed Nachi, but please let me know if you have any other suggestions. I know it's very unlikely that it will be returned but I have to try.

Thanks in advance!

Left a camera in a taxi while we were in the Bahamas and chased after the taxi but he did not stop. We did report the loss of the camera to the taxi company, but never heard from them. I hope you have better luck:)

Thanks in advance!

If you can get a phone number for the taxi company on Cozumel, offer a reward. My DH left our brand new camera in a taxi in Cozumel a few years ago when we were coming back from dinner. The next morning he found the taxi company phone number and offered a $50. USD reward for return. within 30 minutes the camera was magically found. :)

OK I found this number. You may need someone who speaks Spanish to call.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/TAXICZM

People in Cozumel are super honest. I left a bag in the cab with our camera and the cab driver chased us down and handed it to me. I hope you are as lucky as we were and that you find it. The folks at Nachi are super helpful, too. They probably know many of the cab drivers so I hope you can get in touch with them.

Spacificbound

Thanks! I have a friend who speaks Spanish, so I will have her try tomorrow for me...praying it works out! I'm certainly willing to offer a nice reward...those pics are worth a lot to me!

Did you have your photo taken as you entered Nachi Cocom? If you, so might fax or email them a copy asking them to show the picture to cab drivers as they drop off and pick up offering your reward. My gut tells me that the driver would be happy to get it back to you if he had your contact information.

If it is found, ask if there is a place that ships to the US in Cozumel. I'd arrange for a prepaid box with your address so that all the driver has to do is turn it over. Yes, I really am an optimist ...

Spacificbound

Thanks! I have a friend who speaks Spanish, so I will have her try tomorrow for me...praying it works out! I'm certainly willing to offer a nice reward...those pics are worth a lot to me!

I hope this works for you. $50USD is a lot of money in Cozumel, $50USD=651Pesos

Edited by SPacificbound

Did you have your photo taken as you entered Nachi Cocom? If you, so might fax or email them a copy asking them to show the picture to cab drivers as they drop off and pick up offering your reward. My gut tells me that the driver would be happy to get it back to you if he had your contact information.

If it is found, ask if there is a place that ships to the US in Cozumel. I'd arrange for a prepaid box with your address so that all the driver has to do is turn it over. Yes, I really am an optimist ...

Good idea! We did have our picture made there at Nachi. My friend did call today and the lady from the Taxi company lost and found was very nice. She said that drivers check in on Monday evening and turn in anything left over the weekend, so to call back in the morning to be sure. I'm certainly happy to extend a reward and pay shipping to get it back. Heck they can have the camera too and just send me the SD card!! I'm an optimist too and I'm still holding out hope :)