When do the cooking classes open up for bookings?

vlthom

Glad you can now view & book the classes

I have said this many times before

The res agents are wrong in many things they say

Either they make up things because they do not know where to find the answers or they are not trained properly

I imagine they have a high turn over in those jobs...just guessing there

Lyn

Over and above the res agents being wrong and poorly trained, it seems that the so called management of PCH, Regent, and Oceania have not for the past 4 years that I have cruised and watched these companies on this as well as the Regent board been the type of management that cares little about their customers nor how the home office and their actions are perceived by the public. A recent indication of this poor attitude is that Regent provided a manager on the Regent CC website to answer questions starting Nov. 7. Not only have many of the answers been in typical lawyer type double speak or providing an answer that have very little to do with the question, we are now 3 full weeks since answers were promised and several questions submitted by the Nov. 7 deadline for questions have not been answer. This is truly indicative of the management or lack thereof the the single person, Kylami provides in his triple position of President of Oceania, Regent, and PCH which in any case is simply too much for any one person.

Contrary to the extremely poor or complete lack of customer service in the Miami offices, the on board experience from my experience as well as reports on both the Regent and Oceania boards has been extremely positive. Find it amazing that the home office can be so bad while the ships can be so wonderful??

Interestingly, despite multiple reps from Oceania telling me that the classes won't be available for booking prior to 90 days ahead of our sail date, as of this afternoon, they are now available online. I was also told that I might find something online at the 120 day mark (Dec 6th) but definitely not prior to that date. They also asserted that those on Cruise Critic who had booked classes already were wrong (!?!)

Oh well....case closed!

Pleased you got it sorted and hope you got on the classes you wanted. When I see you on board, I'll tell you about our dealings with Customer services :eek:.

I'm checking in this exact location....with no results. Further, Customer Service claims that they checked my booking and agreed with me that I cannot book any classes yet. They state that none have been loaded to the system which based upon what others in my rollcall have stated, is false for at least some of the folks. :confused:

called Oceana again and after talking to numerous supervisors, I found that if your on the short 17 day cruise you can book. However if your on the 33 day segment.. you can not.

Presently they said that they will try and change that on Monday Dec 2 and un lock the us longer passengers. One would think those spending much higher fares and much longer time aboard, might have a tiny bit of consideration.

So, it appears the problem will be solved in 3-4 days.

called Oceana again and after talking to numerous supervisors, I found that if your on the short 17 day cruise you can book. However if your on the 33 day segment.. you can not.

Presently they said that they will try and change that on Monday Dec 2 and un lock the us longer passengers. One would think those spending much higher fares and much longer time aboard, might have a tiny bit of consideration.

So, it appears the problem will be solved in 3-4 days.

You may find that it's already sorted out for you. I was able to book culinary classes as of yesterday. With my digging, I found that for this purpose, they have been looking at the longer "grand voyages" as being completely separate from the shorter voyages from which they're comprised -- as if they don't overlap. It doesn't make a lot of sense. If it's any consolation, I found too, that as of yesterday, all the classes still seemed to be wide open.

Pleased you got it sorted and hope you got on the classes you wanted. When I see you on board, I'll tell you about our dealings with Customer services :eek:.

I had trouble choosing, and limited myself to 2 classes.

I'll look forward to hearing about your tales while onboard!

You may find that it's already sorted out for you. I was able to book culinary classes as of yesterday. With my digging, I found that for this purpose, they have been looking at the longer "grand voyages" as being completely separate from the shorter voyages from which they're comprised -- as if they don't overlap. It doesn't make a lot of sense. If it's any consolation, I found too, that as of yesterday, all the classes still seemed to be wide open.

Correct, I am on a "Grand Voyage"... lucky me so I have to go to the end of the line for choosing a 33 day cruise. Dec 3 they will be loading them for the Grand voyage passengers... at least they said that...

Thanks for the note that all are open..I appreciate that

I am currently on the Marina headed to Rio. I booked a cooking class when it was available online months ago. Once onboard the class was cancelled so I booked another one at another date and time and it too was cancelled. I don't think there were enough people interested this cruise and we have had 5 sea days already. Much different than when we sailed the Marina years ago.

I am currently on the Marina headed to Rio. I booked a cooking class when it was available online months ago. Once onboard the class was cancelled so I booked another one at another date and time and it too was cancelled. I don't think there were enough people interested this cruise and we have had 5 sea days already. Much different than when we sailed the Marina years ago.

That is a shame Maria

They look like fun to do on a sea day

We booked a couple for our 1st crossing in the spring ...hope they are not cancelled

Maybe the instructor is sea sick ;)

Have a safe voyage

Lyn

That is a shame Maria

They look like fun to do on a sea day

We booked a couple for our 1st crossing in the spring ...hope they are not cancelled

Maybe the instructor is sea sick ;)

Have a safe voyage

Lyn

It is a bummer. Thanks. Just arrived in Salvador. :)