Who's the best cd?

Richard78

My vote would go to John Blair, the energy he gives off is fantastic, as for Richard Spacey, is there any start to this mans talent? We sailed with him twice 3 years apart and his act was still the same, I know he is popular so he must be doing something right but I just didnt get him. 2nd and third favorite would be Marc Walker and Carly Boileau.

Funny, I have a hard time remembering any of the names of the cruise directors on our cruises so I guess they weren't very important to our overall cruise experience.

I have found CDs to be worth a couple of laughs, but they don't make or break my vacation.

I do remember Susan, the activities manager on our recent Brilliance cruise. But that is because I love her accent and she has some nice curves to go along with it. LOL

My vote would go to John Blair, the energy he gives off is fantastic, as for Richard Spacey, is there any start to this mans talent? We sailed with him twice 3 years apart and his act was still the same, I know he is popular so he must be doing something right but I just didnt get him. 2nd and third favorite would be Marc Walker and Carly Boileau.

I think that for the most part, all of their acts are the same from week to week, and even year to year. There might be some variation based on how they feed off the energy of a particular crowd, but otherwise it's the same.

We did B2B on the Allure last February/March. Ken Rush was the cruise director for the first leg and Allan Brooks replaced him for the second leg.

Personally I liked Ken Rush better. He was always smiling and like one of the other responders said - he seemed to be everywhere talking with everyone. He certainly didn't seem standoffish to me. He always at least smiled when he saw me and most times said hello.

Allan Brooks, on the other hand, was seldom seen and for some reason or another his morning talk show did nothing for me. Talk about two completely different personalities.

We just got back from the Navigator TA and John Perry was the cruise director. We never saw him around the ship much on any of the 14 days and when we did see him he always seemed to look right through you and didn't acknowledge that he even saw you. Hope we don't get him again.

We were spoiled to have Richard Spacey on our very first cruise on Voyager in 2003. After that, no one has come close for us.

We met Casey Pelter on Sovereign and he was a doll, great guy, but just not the same as Richard.

Hi all!

I never really paid attention to CDs until I had Richard Spacey!

Then I had Graham Seymour & don't know who I like better.

Graham sure filled the theatre for his late night comedy show.

I bought his DVDs but haven't watched them yet....some day when I get off this darned computer!!!:eek:

~ Jo ~ :)

Our favorite is Leigh Xuereb. Richard is definitely an amazing cruise director no doubt, but we find leigh to be so personable and down to earth. He has such a great personality and it really adds to the cruise experience

Edited by JerseyCruiser8

And I'm sure if you went to the theatre on the ship and the same show was playing, the act would be exactly the same :confused:

Hi, I would expect that, but it was different ships, Freedom and Oasis, what made it worse was that you had to go early to get a seat which meant sitting through his patter, not sure if he does it now but he even showed a film he made of a 'day in the life' and it was the same one we saw on Freedom. Like I said, I know he's popular, being from Britain you will get what I mean when I say that he reminds me of a Butlins redcoat.

Richard Spacey 100%... Best in 14 cruises! The guy gives 100% every day 7 days a week. You can tell he loves his job and genuinely making people happy. I kept saying to my husband through out the cruise that how difficult of a job it would be, you can't have a bad day and the whole ship judges you, I respect how much he has to put into being on his game day in and out.