Msc newbuilds

sidari

While talking to Andre the cruise director enticed from Princess to replace Maddie for the Caribbean he told us that MSC are to build Two New ships, one of which will be based in Miami from 2015 to replace the Divina. The ships will be different from the Fantasia class and will be around 170,000 tons each.

Bearing in mind the design change what do you think they should leave out or should add ?

I've also heard this rumours. It's a totally new class of ships, the Vision Class. A press statement from MSC is to be announced just before or after new year. Will be very interesting to see. MSC Preziosa is the fourth and last ship built in the Fantasiaclass.

As long as there is a Yacht Club I'm happy:D

I'm not sure what I'd want them to have as I don't think I'll be sailing on either of them. If found the Fantasia class a bit too big for my tastes, don't think I'd want to go any bigger.

The Musica class is my ideal and I also enjoy the Lirica class as the latter tends to have very interesting and unusual itenaries.

It's not surprising MSC are going even bigger, seems to be the trend now.

While talking to Andre the cruise director enticed from Princess to replace Maddie for the Caribbean he told us that MSC are to build Two New ships, one of which will be based in Miami from 2015 to replace the Divina. The ships will be different from the Fantasia class and will be around 170,000 tons each.

Bearing in mind the design change what do you think they should leave out or should add ?

That's interesting.

The improvements needed: more public space, more open space, real promenade, real front observation deck, the forward part of the ship needs to get rid of Yacht Club (there are other places for that), aft pool for adlts, free dining options included in the price, better food.

That can be a great ship.

I'm not sure what I'd want them to have as I don't think I'll be sailing on either of them. If found the Fantasia class a bit too big for my tastes, don't think I'd want to go any bigger.

The Musica class is my ideal and I also enjoy the Lirica class as the latter tends to have very interesting and unusual itenaries.

It's not surprising MSC are going even bigger, seems to be the trend now.

The worry is MSC selling off the Lirica class if they find themselves with more beds than guests across the fleet. The huge ships bring a certain economy of scale and have more paid-for facilities. I think we should enjoy the Lirica class while we can - as we will.

Having experienced a Fantasia class ship and being a fan of the bigger ships generally i much prefer the Musica class size ships of MSC which are more classier than the likes of the Divina. The Magnifica may well be our next MSC ship.

I doubt we would sail again on a Fantasia class ship which are bigger but with less general space.

That's interesting.

The improvements needed: more public space, more open space, real promenade, real front observation deck, the forward part of the ship needs to get rid of Yacht Club (there are other places for that), aft pool for adlts, free dining options included in the price, better food.

I notice that you don't have a link for your MSC cruise. Would be nice to see it :)

You don't ever seem to say anything nice about MSC, I take you have been on a few MSC cruises in order that you can compare them?

Edited by VenusLady

That's interesting.

THat is exactly where the Yacht Club should be, although they could move the YC dining room to the YC area and save the 600 yard round trip to eat there.

Pete

I notice that you don't have a link for your MSC cruise. Would be nice to see it :)

You don't ever seem to say anything nice about MSC, I take you have been on a few MSC cruises in order that you can compare them?

A link to my precruise research as a preparation for the cruise. Finally I found a better deal.

This is a false impression resulted from getting my posts perverted and misinterpreted by a few posters here. As you follow the link you'll find one of the most informative threads on the subject.

It's important to set a reasonable benchmark for comparison.

Carnival and NCL are MSC direct competitors. MSC really has some good points over them.

Unfortunately, when cheerleaders force incomparable comparisons (vs best Royal Caribbean ships for instance) MSC looks pale.

As a potential consumer I am willing to see some improvements.

The newbuilds provide good opportinities to implement positive changes than can be for some reasons restrained by the existing designs.

Edited by cruisetrail

THat is exactly where the Yacht Club should be, although they could move the YC dining room to the YC area and save the 600 yard round trip to eat there.

Pete

Yacht Club is some 7% of the passengers.

It's unbelievable that 93% of the passengers are deprived of front observation lounge (public on all ships where available), front observation deck (public on all ships where available) and forward sun deck (public on all ships where available). NCL does almost the same (on their three largest ships) but it's a little excuse.

The midship superstructure will be a great place for all the "exclusivity" (MS Queen Elizabeth is an example).

Edited by cruisetrail

Yacht Club is some 7% of the passengers.

It's unbelievable that 93% of the passengers are deprived of front observation lounge (public on all ships where available), front observation deck (public on all ships where available) and forward sun deck (public on all ships where available). NCL does almost the same (on their three largest ships) but it's a little excuse.

The midship superstructure will be a great place for all the "exclusivity" (MS Queen Elizabeth is an example).

Not even that much; less than 4% (< 5% if completely full)

There are 2 x YC 3 cabins, 3 X YC 2 cabins and 62 x YC1 cabins, on a doulbe occupancy basis that is 134 guests

Of those cabins 21 have the posiblity of having 4 guests and a further 8 have a third bed.

Maximium No of guests in YC is 134 + 42 + 8 =184

if the ship is full on a double occupancy basis there would be 3502 guest

So The percentage of YC guests would be 134/3502 = 3.8%

If the ship were completely full then there are 4345 guests and we would have 184/4345 = 4.2%

Of course YC guests are paying for their exclusivity and it would be nowhere near as appeallimg as it is now if it were located elsewhere other than the upper front part of the ship. Been there, done that and got the SHOE BAG

P1030408-1.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thank you.

I did that calculation too but did not have it handy.

Yes, less than 5%.

Awful.

I think 95% is more important.

The 5% will have their bells and whistles midships and also be able to enjoy with other passengers everything related to the forward part.:)

Cunard passengers do it, so MSC guests will be just fine.

Another thought. As the new ship is going to be very large, there must be enogh space for a major lounge and for an "exclusive" lounge as well.

Edited by cruisetrail

2015 and they havent started building them yet, seems very unlikely.

Cruise ships can be built in under 12 months with the block method! if one began in say March 2014 it could still be built and sailing by mid to late 2015, late 2015 would be my guess just in time for the fall season as others have done previously.

I don''t think he evere cruised on any line. He is on payroll with other cruise line or just a person who has nothing to do in life but sit on interent and talk about thing he never saw in his life.

Looking forward to these exciting news!

@cruisetrail: please tell me if you have a tripadvisor account or something, full of reviews from hotels, restaurants or cruises that you haven't actually visited, enjoyed or tasted. I really find your posts to be funny, it's like reading the reviewed story of a parallel universe.

And by the way: how can you possibly have an opinion about the food? It's something that really amazes me. Maybe a friend of yours went on a MSC cruise and brought home a full pack of Tupperwares plenty of MSC food in them so you could taste it? :D

Honey, it's always a miracle how people manage to do something that we are not able to. Something that is never clear for us, can be clear for someone else from the first glance. Different people have different professions and talents.

Some people sell cruises, some people buy cruises, some people design and build cruise ships.

Note that they design and build ships "they never cruised before".:D

Just think about it.

The MSC ships are so beautiful there is not much improvement needed regarding the looks or decor of any newbuild. It would be nice if the new class had a full promenade deck. Also more categories of cabins--mini-suites would be a nice option.

What would really be cool, though, would to somehow include the Fiat-at-sea car/boats--perhaps lifeboats shaped like Fiats; perhaps Fiat bumper cars to join the F1 Simulator; maybe just Fiat models (cars or car/boats) for sale in the logo shop. :D

Honey, it's always a miracle how people manage to do something that we are not able to. Something that is never clear for us, can be clear for someone else from the first glance. Different people have different professions and talents.

Some people sell cruises, some people buy cruises, some people design and build cruise ships.

Note that they design and build ships "they never cruised before".:D

Just think about it.

Yah, you must be very talanted :cool: Any idias how it's to be out in Space station? We wolud love to hear you opinion :rolleyes:

During our repo cruise we were told that the indeed are building 2 new ships, one for sailing 2015 and the other 2016. the would be build in the class of the oasis of the seas

That's awful :eek:

Two MSC ships I will definitely not being putting foot on in a hurry if that is the case.

The Lirica class may not be done with...there is this speculation that the Lirica class ships may be stretched...

http://cruisepassenger.com.au/2013/11/msc-cruises-stretch-lirica-class-ships/

Wouldn't mind that as long as passenger space ratio didn't suffer and they added additional facilities to go with the extra cabins. Just don't fancy the behemoth 170k tonnes new builds at all.

The Lirica class may not be done with...there is this speculation that the Lirica class ships may be stretched...

http://cruisepassenger.com.au/2013/11/msc-cruises-stretch-lirica-class-ships/

That article cites Travel Weekly UK article which contradicts reports of any new ships for the next three years but itself cites no sources whatsoever. It is hard to reconcile the rumours.

Edited by Skipper Tim