What's stopping Celebrity from improving entertainment?

jasm8449

We have cruised with Celebrity for over 10 years and when you see the big productions they are ALWAYS VERY SIMILAR. How many times can you see the river dance set??????? As for the comedian they schedule him at late night after 10:30 and if you have a shore excursion the next morning early 7:15 a little hard to make the show. If the comedian is presenting an adult show why not schedule it in one of the larger venues and warn people ahead of time that it is adult comedy. Also perhaps have cruise director staff at door reminding people that it is for adults only. They have been able to do this on Princess why not X. I am also tired of the same cirque copy that has been on Celebrity for years. Need to change it up.

Edited by Bobocasey

I would think new productions shows would be in order - they have been the same since we sailed for the first time on Equinox in 2009. (at least on the S class ships which we were on every year since then, can't talk about the other ships).

B O R I N G ! ! ! ! !. That is what I say. Enjoyed them first time round but when you sale every year, mostly on a 10+ night b2b, hearing the same jokes, same entertainers, singers who struggle with the notes key. Arrive to listen to entertainment in a lounge that disappears as your arrive, need I go on, you get my drift.

I have complained to Celebrity previously so not just moaning on this Board but the number of guests on board paying a substantial amount of money deserve better. Whoever does the booking (Miami) have a wealth of entertainers to choose from so why do they keep booking the same ones, it can't be that difficult to book more creatively, is it laziness or cost that keeps the same old, same old appearing? Possibly they think that it is different people that cruise every time do it does't matter! and why don't they check to ensure that if it is a repeat booking the routine is at least different from the previous year.

I agree that the comedian should appear earlier at Celebrity Central as we are not all night hawks and though still in my 50s (just) I am an early to bed/early rise kind of person, from what I gather these are not particularly well attended but I have never been up long enough to find out for myself.

I would also like to see the standard/length of the entertainment around the ships improve as an alternative the the main theatre, for one it might relieve the pressure on the Theatre where you frequently struggle to obtain a seat for some of the shows as most guest prefer the second show of the evening.

Edited by tine-tine

Celebrity doesn't have to look far to see how they can improve. RCCL has AMAZING entertainment. The production of Hairspray on Oasis was way better that the touring production that came through Miami. I think NCL also has the right idea by creating partnerships with established names in the business like Legends in Concert, Blue Man Group, Ect. I think if Celebrity takes their entertainment to the next level they would be unsurpassed in the industry.

BTW, had a conversation with Fred Klett on our most recent cruise. We told him we were a little tired of his act (in a nice way). After a 15 minute conversation, he suggested that we find him the next time he's on a cruise with us, ask him if we should go to his show, and he will tell us if we should go or not. Courteous of him, and yes we will seek him out before going to his show.