Lost camera in Cozumel

fam2cruise

My family visited Nachi Cocom in Cozumel Friday, November 22 and left my camera in the taxi when we were dropped off. I would like to reach out for any assistance in finding it. We came off the Carnival Sunshine, my camera is a red Lumix and contains all of our memories from our vacation. I do not know how to contact the taxi providers there in Cozumel to inquire so any assistance in that regard is greatly appreciated. I have emailed Nachi, but please let me know if you have any other suggestions. I know it's very unlikely that it will be returned but I have to try.

Thanks in advance!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My family visited Nachi Cocom in Cozumel Friday, November 22 and left my camera in the taxi when we were dropped off. I would like to reach out for any assistance in finding it. We came off the Carnival Sunshine, my camera is a red Lumix and contains all of our memories from our vacation. I do not know how to contact the taxi providers there in Cozumel to inquire so any assistance in that regard is greatly appreciated. I have emailed Nachi, but please let me know if you have any other suggestions. I know it's very unlikely that it will be returned but I have to try.

Thanks in advance!

these are the taxi union phone numbers

Tel: (987) 872-1130

Tel: (987) 872-1167

ask for lost and found department

If you dont remember the taxi number, will be helpfull if you can tell them the type of vehicle (car or Van) the time you took the taxi at Nachi (in Cozumel central time)

Edited by Kletina
yes

Thank you so much!! I have a Spanish speaking friend who I will ask to call today. I know it's a long shot but figure it's worth a try anyways. Thanks again for the info

spanish speaking person will be very helpfull also

good luck! :)

I left my wallet in a cab in Costa Maya earlier this year. I realized it within an hour, and it was long gone. I asked every cab I saw stopping and everyone acted like they had no idea what I was talking about.

I offered a cash reward to return the wallet, still nothing.

I wouldn't hold my breath, but I wish you luck.

I highly doubt I'll get it back but my friend did call today and the lady from the lost and found department was very nice...she said drivers check in on Monday evening and turn in any items left over the weekend at that time, so to call back in the morning to be sure. So we'll try again tomorrow morning...for now I'm praying and staying positive. If nothing else I hope whoever gets my camera for Christmas enjoys it as much as I did the last couple months :) It can be replaced and I will have the memories forever!

I really hope you get it back and wish you luck.

A few cruises ago (well, last year) we left our entire bag in our taxi when we got to Chankanaab. Thanks to their wonderful taxi service there and the walkie talkies, they were able to hunt the cab down and bring it back about an hour later. I don't know what we would have done if they didn't find it. It had our ID's in there, our ship cards, money and ship towels. :( But when we got it back...to our surprise everything was still there. :D He got a "nice" reward. ;)

Well, just to update...my friend called several days in a row at the taxi companies suggestion but no red camera was ever turned in. While I'm bummed about it, it is what it is. Thanks for all your suggestions on here!