Really want to, but...

Baded

I really want to go on a Carnival cruise again, I live 10 miles from PC, but they won't or can't credit me with my past 5 or 6 cruises! Really disappointing. Anyone else have problems like that?:mad::confused::(:(

I really want to go on a Carnival cruise again, I live 10 miles from PC, but they won't or can't credit me with my past 5 or 6 cruises! Really disappointing. Anyone else have problems like that?:mad::confused::(:(

Sounds odd. If you have proof you took them, there should be no problem getting credit.

Wouldn't stop me from cruising, might make me take 5 or 6 more to make up the difference but certainly wouldn't stop me from cruising Carnival again.

When are they going to dredge the port to put the bigger RCCL ship in Port Canaveral?

My 1st cruise was way back in or around 1989 and my last one was 2009. They said cruises that old don't count in the new credit system they are using now. I have a bunch of photos and other items from cruises, but not cards or other proof. The funny thing is when the had the old reward system they had all my trips counted for, they just won't count them now. I've called and e-mailed and the best I can get us "they will get to me".

My 1st cruise was way back in or around 1989 and my last one was 2009. They said cruises that old don't count in the new credit system they are using now. I have a bunch of photos and other items from cruises, but not cards or other proof. The funny thing is when the had the old reward system they had all my trips counted for, they just won't count them now. I've called and e-mailed and the best I can get us "they will get to me".

I suggest posting in the Carnival funville forum. Mary or Mischelle from Carnival will probably step in and look into it for you.

Worked for me for an issue I had before.

Good luck!

It was strange how they did it though.

We had two and sent them a picture we took of the sensation with neither of us in the picture and a picture of me with a dancer and pirate on ecstasy.

They credited us for the picture of the Sensation but wouldnt give us credit for ecstasy one.

The one got us to platinum so we just settled for the one.

Don't get this. My first 4 cruises occurred between 2001 and 2009. They are all counted under my VIFP # as is DHs. You need to write a "strongly worded letter" to the CEO.;) Don't let it stop you from cruising though. If not Carnival, there's Disney and RCI out of Canaveral. Book something!!:) And good luck getting that past cruise credit resolved.

How long ago did you take these cruises?

Why is it disappointing? You are too far away from Platinum unless you cruise most of next month. Just for the record, what ship did you hope to go on?

Have you tried using the "Claim a Past Cruise" button on Carnival's website? Once you sign in, click on "manage" and then "VIFP." At the bottom of that page is a button that you click on to request credit for any cruises you are missing.

Good luck. Hope you get it worked out.

I think it's interesting that people say they don't think it should affect whether you cruise or not to not be credited for all those cruises. It is a marketing technique that is supposed to keep people coming back to Carnival so why wouldn't it deter someone from Carnival when the opposite is true. Interesting most of the posters are the ones always talking about being diamond. I"m quite sure if it were them, they would have an issue.

I think it's interesting that people say they don't think it should affect whether you cruise or not to not be credited for all those cruises. It is a marketing technique that is supposed to keep people coming back to Carnival so why wouldn't it deter someone from Carnival when the opposite is true. Interesting most of the posters are the ones always talking about being diamond. I"m quite sure if it were them, they would have an issue.

Agree. Credit for past cruises has an impact on several things. Could be difference in Gold vs. Platinum, as golfadj posted, or simply between Red and Gold, and being able to attend the Past guest party.

OP, keep trying and good luck.

Edited by Georgiagolfer
spelling

One of the only wonderful things about being Platinum is the first on first off. We did not even go to the past guest party…they never change. And the gift this year kind of sucked…I am glad they are changing it. The op never did say how many cruises they had or why they would not book. We just love to cruise….