Really want to, but...

Baded

Don't get this. My first 4 cruises occurred between 2001 and 2009. They are all counted under my VIFP # as is DHs. You need to write a "strongly worded letter" to the CEO.;) Don't let it stop you from cruising though. If not Carnival, there's Disney and RCI out of Canaveral. Book something!!:) And good luck getting that past cruise credit resolved.

You're kidding about the "strongly worded letter to the CEO" bit, right? Hence the "wink" icon? As a shareholder, I sure hope the CEO isn't spending time reading about someone not being able to get past cruises credited. :eek:

OP, there have been dozens of threads about getting past cruises credited when they switched the loyalty program. Mine have always been there (going back to 2001), so I haven't had to deal with the issue.

Several useful responses here. Keep trying, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have exact dates and ship names (and ship cards). I don't "do" ship photos but I've kept all my cards from every cruise, just in case.

You're kidding about the "strongly worded letter to the CEO" bit, right? Hence the "wink" icon? As a shareholder, I sure hope the CEO isn't spending time reading about someone not being able to get past cruises credited. :eek:

OP, there have been dozens of threads about getting past cruises credited when they switched the loyalty program. Mine have always been there (going back to 2001), so I haven't had to deal with the issue.

Several useful responses here. Keep trying, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have exact dates and ship names (and ship cards). I don't "do" ship photos but I've kept all my cards from every cruise, just in case.

Really? I would hope the CEO would read or at least be made aware of these types of situations. It's these kinds of things that turn customers away. A CEO should be well aware of the customer service the company they run is giving. If the Managers who are in charge of Customer Service don't correct these situations the CEO should be aware so that he'she can direct them appropriately.

I read an article about Home Depot I believe it was. Many years ago they wanted to improve their customer service. THey had a Customer phone set up in their stores for complaints. It went directly to the CEO who listened to the concerns the customers had and they built their customer service policies around the findings from that "Pilot"

Edited by boyle0268
one more thing

My 1st cruise was way back in or around 1989 and my last one was 2009. They said cruises that old don't count in the new credit system they are using now I have a bunch of photos and other items from cruises, but not cards or other proof. The funny thing is when the had the old reward system they had all my trips counted for, they just won't count them now. I've called and e-mailed and the best I can get us "they will get to me".

They said cruises that old don't count in the new credit system they are using now.

Is it that they don't count or they are not in the system. If it is that they don't count then they don't count. What is so difficult to understand. If it is that they just are not in the system then you no get to someone who can

get them in. And that certainly should not be the CEO.

Edited by goose30

They said cruises that old don't count in the new credit system they are using now.

Is it that they don't count or they are not in the system. If it is that they don't count then they don't count. What is so difficult to understand. If it is that they just are not in the system then you no get to someone who can

get them in. And that certainly should not be the CEO.

All cruises count, regardless of when they occurred. OP just keep working with CCL to try and get it resolved. Here's hoping for a good outcome and smooth sailing in the future.

I used the wink icon only because the strongly worded letter phrase is a reference from the scene in the movie Titanic. But the idea of writing the CEO I am totally serious about. He may not read it personally, but it will be passed on and eventually resolved. Especially since all the OP wants is recognition for being loyal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Now I know why I keep my S&S cards

and maintain a record of cruises, dates, ships, cabin numbers, voyage numbers, etc.

All pertinent facts.

Nothing beats meticulous documentation.

I submitted said documentation a month ago re. a request for pins.

I had zero trouble and an immediate positive response

because what I submitted matched with their records, point for point! ;)

I'm sorry, I guess I don't understand why this is all of a sudden important to get credit for the cruises now but wasn't before? Since I started cruising in 2002 I have always checked and resolved this right away. There have been times where I have had to send an email to get my history updated but it was within months of sailing.

I wouldn't let this stop you from cruising. Take the suggestions of others and try to see if you can provide information to Carnival to get this fixed. They have always been very helpful when I have asked. Good luck.

I really want to go on a Carnival cruise again, I live 10 miles from PC, but they won't or can't credit me with my past 5 or 6 cruises! Really disappointing. Anyone else have problems like that?:mad::confused::(:(

Was it five or six cruises?

We only live 30 minutes from port Canaveral. Make cruising easy.

Carnival will count all cruises. If you have a photo from a cruise with the date on it. Old cruise documents from when they use to mail all of the paper work to you. If you sailed with a fried and they have booking information.

Good luck.

"My 1st cruise was way back in or around 1989 and my last one was 2009. They said cruises that old don't count in the new credit system they are using now."

Three of my cruises were in this time frame and counted...as a matter of fact, once the new program was introduced they appeared on my Carnival profile.

I had the same problem a while ago and I contacted John Heald with all the specific information that I had regarding the older cruises and was credited with those trips. You can contact John on his Facebook page. I'll be platinum on the second leg of a B2B beginning next week, thanks to John's help! :)