Sojourn delay into Ft Lauderdale

bradtarga34

Just a heads up for anyone on the Nov 27 sailing that due to a medical emergency the ship is only provisionally due to arrive around 1200 on the 27th, so I wouldn't plan for early arrival lunch in the Colonnade... We are presently keeping station off the eastern tip of the Dominican Republic, the tender has been sent to shore to disembark the poor patient, we wish them a full and speedy recovery, so sad.

From another Seabourn social networking site: >"It was Capt Hamish Elliot who was taken off board to the hospital, thank goodness his wife was on board, hate to think what might have happened otherwise. They were due to go on holiday after this cruise."

Ha ha, apparently we have almost drank all the champagne after the delay, so you might just have water for the sail away. :)

I must say that Seabourn have dealt with everything very well in accommodating peoples requirements and all staff have risen well to the challenge, a very good measure of how serious problems are dealt with is how good the line actually is, I would hate to think how the bigger ships would cope...

Ha ha, apparently we have almost drank all the champagne after the delay, so you might just have water for the sail away. :)

I must say that Seabourn have dealt with everything very well in accommodating peoples requirements and all staff have risen well to the challenge, a very good measure of how serious problems are dealt with is how good the line actually is, I would hate to think how the bigger ships would cope...

How about everyone missing flights and trying to get re scheduled on the busiest travel day of the year? Not to mention weather issues in most of the country. That has got to be a challenge!

Any news of purpleally,has she managed to get a glass of Champagne yet.:rolleyes:

Thank you for thinking of me. We escaped the dreary ballroom and grabbed a cab on our own ahead of the motor coaches bringing everyone back to the ship

Have managed a few glasses of champagne and now enjoying the rain in San Juan with margaritas.

We were aboard the Sojourn on this cruise and felt that the crew did a wonderful job of handling the emergency situation involving the ships captain suffering a heart attack off of the Dominican Republic. While we did hear some grumbling about the delay of the return to port, it was mostly due to the uncertainty of being able to get flights rearranged on the day before Thanksgiving, which is the busiest travel day of the year. However, in the end I believe that Seabourn went out of their way to accommodate everyone and all I can say is that I would hope that they would take the same action in the event of a similar incident involving a passenger.:)