Hampton Inn Stirling Road Question

pianobar

Will be sailing on The Oasis in March. Looking for comments from anyone who recently stayed at The Hampton Inn (Stirling Rd location near FLL). We usually stay at the Springhill Suites across the road but the rate is much better at the Hampton. Tripadvisor reviews are so-so. Not looking for a resort but like a clean hotel. We have a rental car so shuttle not important. We like a warm clean pool. We like the Stirling Rd area as our favourite restaurant is near by. Anyone stayed recently at this Hampton Inn to give us an uptodate review? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Will be sailing on The Oasis in March. Looking for comments from anyone who recently stayed at The Hampton Inn (Stirling Rd location near FLL). We usually stay at the Springhill Suites across the road but the rate is much better at the Hampton. Tripadvisor reviews are so-so. Not looking for a resort but like a clean hotel. We have a rental car so shuttle not important. We like a warm clean pool. We like the Stirling Rd area as our favourite restaurant is near by. Anyone stayed recently at this Hampton Inn to give us an uptodate review? Thanks.

We stayed there May 2013 and were very pleased. The room was clean, great Continental breakfast, free transportation to Port Everglades and close to restaurants. I'd stay there again.

So, what is your favorite restaurant that you mentioned?

We are booked at the Springhill Suites for our Pre-cruise night...I've been checking other hotels and trying Priceline for something on 17th Street since we first made the reservation months ago...So far no luck...

I just checked Hilton.com and we can now get the Hilton Garden Inn on Sterling or the Homewood Suites (another exit north or so) for the exact same price as we're in the Springhill for...not really sure if either is in any way an upgrade (Springhill has free airport shuttle, free cruise port shuttle, free breakfast, free WiFi)...

Surprisingly, for OUR date (January 4), they are showing the Hampton Inn at nearly TWICE the price ($335 vs $170)!

We're sailing in March (during March Break). We booked The Hampton Inn (Stirling Rd) at $179/night vs Springhill Suites (Stirling Rd) at $260/night and Homewood Suites (Griffin Rd) at $242/night. We're actually staying for 2 nights pre-cruise so it adds up.

Actually our favourite restaurant in the Stirling Rd area (hope you won't chuckle!) is Sweet Tomatoes. We don't have this chain in Canada and we love the huge salad bar. It's a bit of a walk past the mall, past the Home Depot and around the corner. It's nice to eat healthy before the excesses of cruise dining!

One thing to be aware of regarding the Hampton on Stirling Road -- When I stayed there three years ago, my room faced the exterior walkway of the adjacent hotel (Comfort Inn, possibly?) and I had to keep my drapes closed at all times. You may want to specifically request a room that faces elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Oakwood Plaza is right behind the Hampton Inn. It has a K-Mart, Marshalls, BJ's Warehouse, lots of other places.

As for food, I remember there is a Dave and Busters, TGI Fridays, Sweet Tomatoes, Red Lobster, etc.

It is a long and narrow shopping area, with some sidewalks. I remember we walked to Dave and Busters, but took a cab back because I have problems walking long distances. I made it to the restaurant, but my ankle swelled and we couldn't make it back. Walking to K-Mart isn't far and they have a limited wine/liquor selection.

We have stayed at both hotels, the most resent being the Springhill

Suites this past November with the family.

Out of the two hotels we really liked Springhill better because it's a short

walkt to Mcdonald's, Taco Bells, Chippotle and Las Vegas, (a small

Cuban restaurant) that serves great Cuban, American food.

Plus a strip mall with lots of stores to shop for last minute stuff before a cruise.

We stayed on sterling rd in November and bought wine at BJ's we are not members but if you tell them at the door you are just buying wine for you cruise they will let you in and pick up two bottles and then you go to the side cashier to pay...not the front cashiers:):)

We bought beer & smirroff coolers at Kmart limited selection for our hotel stay