Help please, celebrity switched us to another cabin

catch-a-ray

This same exact thing happened to a couple on our Eastern med cruise in September. This couple booked a hump cabin directly thru the Celebrity website and several months later when they went back online they found their cabin had been changed? Celebrity's rep told them the only possible explanation was that they had changed it themselves and it was their tough luck as their cabin had since been booked by someone else.

I would insist they show me the email I sent!

I thought you had to call Celebrity to change your cabin but I'm not sure. I never saw anywhere how to change it online. The whole thing is ridiculous. Our experience with our Celebrity cruise was great and I came home and within weeks I booked another Eastern Med cruise. I booked a hump and now I'm worried about it. Do I have to double check it every day? It sounds like people get their cabin switched and lied to about it on a regular basis! :(

I thought you had to call Celebrity to change your cabin but I'm not sure. I never saw anywhere how to change it online. The whole thing is ridiculous. Our experience with our Celebrity cruise was great and I came home and within weeks I booked another Eastern Med cruise. I booked a hump and now I'm worried about it. Do I have to double check it every day? It sounds like people get their cabin switched and lied to about it on a regular basis! :(

I think I may have to take all of my phone records from the date I booked to the cruise date for proof. Fortunately, all of our calls are on record on our bills cell & home.

I wouldn't waste a minute of my time preoccupied with my "old" cabin once on board, much less waste my time talking to the people in the cabin. If you don't like their answer you will be upset and your cruise will not be enjoyable. Why do something with no upside? Go enjoy your cruise in your new room.

I wouldn't waste a minute of my time preoccupied with my "old" cabin once on board, much less waste my time talking to the people in the cabin. If you don't like their answer you will be upset and your cruise will not be enjoyable. Why do something with no upside? Go enjoy your cruise in your new room.

I'm thinking now that is probably good advice. I still haven't got a return call back from the supervisor. Saturday when I called they said wait till Monday, tonight they said the supervisor is in a meeting and he would call me back. It's now 10 pm , and nothing. Every time I call the wait is 30 min or longer. We are so frustrated with this whole thing, I'm done calling them.....will move on, take the new room and enjoy our cruise.....

We were on the summit for Thanksgiving 2013. The day before my final payment was due I called Celebrity to make my final payment only to find that I had been moved from my original room, that the 1 2 3 promo had been removed, that we were being charged an additional $300 each and our onboard credit was removed. Celebrity said I made the change online. Which I know I did not.

I politely told the Celebrity rep that I wanted my original room back, the promo and the onboard credit and that I wanted it for the same price I originally booked. He then explained to me that the original room was booked 30 minutes after I "canceled" and "re-booked".

Some how miraculously after being on the phone with Celebrity for about 2 hours they gave it all back. Everything!!! Even the original room we booked.

I disagree, because at this point the person who was bumped was basically put in a GTY position, but paid for a specific cabin. They should be put into a suite, or refunded hundreds of dollars per person since that's what sort of discount GTY usually have.

We were on the summit for Thanksgiving 2013. The day before my final payment was due I called Celebrity to make my final payment only to find that I had been moved from my original room, that the 1 2 3 promo had been removed, that we were being charged an additional $300 each and our onboard credit was removed. Celebrity said I made the change online. Which I know I did not.

I politely told the Celebrity rep that I wanted my original room back, the promo and the onboard credit and that I wanted it for the same price I originally booked. He then explained to me that the original room was booked 30 minutes after I "canceled" and "re-booked".

Some how miraculously after being on the phone with Celebrity for about 2 hours they gave it all back. Everything!!! Even the original room we booked.

WOW! :eek: There is too much of this happening. I am beginning to regret booking directly with Celebrity for the first time. :(

Sounds like Celebrity finally realizes, though, that there is a problem with their booking system.

BTW- Welcome to Cruise Critic. :)

I'm thinking now that is probably good advice. I still haven't got a return call back from the supervisor. Saturday when I called they said wait till Monday, tonight they said the supervisor is in a meeting and he would call me back. It's now 10 pm , and nothing. Every time I call the wait is 30 min or longer. We are so frustrated with this whole thing, I'm done calling them.....will move on, take the new room and enjoy our cruise.....

why waste time in a room you don't want cancel the cruise get your money refunded and move on to another cruise line

There are some significant IT issues with Celebrity now that they have reworked their booking engine. If you even look at your reservation on line, you risk your booking code being "bumped" and the price rising.

I had this happen just this week to a booking I have that is going out in about 2 weeks. Suddenly, they were showing a balance of over $400 due. Turns out that my manager looked at the booking in the cruise line's booking engine, and that caused the code to change, and a balance to appear. I called and they straightened it out, but the agent told me that they are aware of it, and that IT is aware of it.

My client did not get bumped from their cabin, but the first time this happened, it was when they upgraded from an 06 to an AQ guarantee. So be careful if you access your bookings on line.