Free Cruise is Back

WmFCoyote

Except that most people don't stockpile FCC's the way we do. :D As for shorr cruises, one that does not qualify for the rebate is the Xmas cruise; December 22nd to 26th; four nights. We got this one as a giveaway too. $249 for OV. Wanted New Years too, but that one was far from a "gimme."

Hi Pia,

Do they let you buy more than one FCC while onboard? I filled out the form for two and dropped it in their drop box on the Royal last week, but only one was processed. Just curious if they do more than one (maybe next time I will just fill out a couple of extra forms with one each)

Edited by WendyG

Hi Pia,

Do they let you buy more than one FCC while onboard? I filled out the form for two and dropped it in their drop box on the Royal last week, but only one was processed. Just curious if they do more than one (maybe next time I will just fill out a couple of extra forms with one each)

I'm not Pia but like others know her. ;)

You can purchase multiple FCCs onboard by requesting the number per person you want & the total number both of you are buying on the form.

Don't make my mistake we made before learning that we could get multiple FCCs. That mistake cost us $300 of OBC without having a FCC to use. Plus a much larger deposit for a cruise booked over a year in advance instead of a $100 FCC. It still hurts when I think about it! :eek: :( ;)

Thanks for answeting. This was the first time I tried to buy two and I did put 2 onb the form but only got one. I'll double check it next time. I'll buy 2-3 next month. Can't hurt to have extra just in case. :) (as you found out) sorry about that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Forums mobile app

Thanks for answeting. This was the first time I tried to buy two and I did put 2 onb the form but only got one. I'll double check it next time. I'll buy 2-3 next month. Can't hurt to have extra just in case. :) (as you found out) sorry about that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Forums mobile app

You can buy as many as you want, as my cousin Frank just told you. I never have less than 6 on hand; three each. Some snafu happened with your submission. Next month fill out the form and give it to the FC consultant personally. And tell him/her what happened.

You can buy as many as you want, as my cousin Frank just told you. I never have less than 6 on hand; three each. Some snafu happened with your submission. Next month fill out the form and give it to the FC consultant personally. And tell him/her what happened.
You can also call the Captains Circle at Princess and explain that an error had been made: you'd submitted a request for two and received only one. It's worth a phone call.

When I was on the Royal, I requested two and received two. Used one to book March 2015 and didn't have to use another to book the 4-day getaway next month. So, I still have one left. Gonna have to get more in January.

The rules state:

"Fare offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer."

So it appears if you do not receive this e-mail, you cannot take advantage of it.

Offer is on the website now so I think anyone who meets the other requirements is eligible.

Offer is on the website now so I think anyone who meets the other requirements is eligible.

I didn't get an email & over a week ago was able to book cruises. A friend paid $450 a couple of days ago which jumped to $678 the next day. The sale must have filled most of the cabins & some prices have increased.

When I was on the Royal, I requested two and received two. Used one to book March 2015 and didn't have to use another to book the 4-day getaway next month. So, I still have one left. Gonna have to get more in January.

You just never know how many you will need. I still had one each at home and bought 3 each on the Royal. Figured 8 would last, right? So why do I only have one each remaining? You just never know what you will need. I get on the Crown Saturday and will buy six more.

You just never know how many you will need. I still had one each at home and bought 3 each on the Royal. Figured 8 would last, right? So why do I only have one each remaining? You just never know what you will need. I get on the Crown Saturday and will buy six more.

YOU are very fortunate that work does not get in the way of your wonderful cruise vacations. :D

Kelvin was on the Crown last week, lucky you!

YOU are very fortunate that work does not get in the way of your wonderful cruise vacations. :D

Kelvin was on the Crown last week, lucky you!

I just hope he wasn't just filling in.

BTW, I started cruising comparatively late. Had lots of kids to send thru college first and could never afford cruising during any of that time.

You can also call the Captains Circle at Princess and explain that an error had been made: you'd submitted a request for two and received only one. It's worth a phone call.

Me too. I had a similar problem with not getting all I had requested, on one of the PVSA short cruises I took in September. And now I've used two of them on this promotion on the Ruby, to get the $25 onboard credit, so will restock next month.

We'll buy more FCC's on our next cruise. We used our last one on our upcoming Emerald cruise. Then we found a good deal on a 5 day Ruby leaving the day the Emerald returns, but we had no FCC's left. It worked out ok because that one is one of the "free" ones. Next, we took advantage of the sale to book the fall Ruby TA, and luckily there was only a $100 deposit, but we did miss the OBC. We don't want to be without FCC's again.

Just looked at the small print and since we booked as a group, we are disqualified from this FCC offer.

Wish we had booked on our own.

Call princess and ask, you may not be disqualified. The wording in the fine print is murky at best.

How did the Future Cruise Deposit that we buy on board through the future cruise office become so commonly referred to as FCC? FCC is something totally different. Future Cruise Credit FCC is something that Princess uses to compensate people for various issues or in the case of the 100% fare back promotion on the 3-4 day cruises in January. We do not buy FCC. Makes for some confusing reading sometimes :)

How did the Future Cruise Deposit that we buy on board through the future cruise office become so commonly referred to as FCC? FCC is something totally different. Future Cruise Credit FCC is something that Princess uses to compensate people for various issues or in the case of the 100% fare back promotion on the 3-4 day cruises in January. We do not buy FCC. Makes for some confusing reading sometimes :)

When this was first instituted, it was referred to as FCC; future cruise credit. Because, that's what you got by buying it; OBC. It wasn't until recently that we started seeing FCD. When I first saw that I had no clue what was they were talking about. We've been buying multiples for many years and have always and still do refer to them as FCC's.

My TA tends to work with large groups

But will phone and try

Thx for the idea

:)

I called Princess because I had group space with my TA, they wouldn't discuss how much FCC because I used a travel agent, they did confirm that I would get it. And they used my booking number to look it up. Of course, they could be misinformed but I'm not going there right now.

Please let me know what your were told. Maybe your group is different than mine.

And FWIW, my TA said I'd get the FCC also. Big difference in price between TA group space and Princess.

Here’s my experience:

You can purchase as many FCD/FCC as you like. We usually have 3 each and it was a good thing. When we saw the first 100%back Getaway deal we already had a January14 Hawaii cruise booked. We then were able to jump on the deal and get a Penthouse Suite. We are now down to only one and will purchase 2 more each then.

As I said, we already had the Jan cruise booked when we booked the getaway.

The final payment was due BEFORE we embarked on the getaway, so we paid it.

I booked the Getaway cruise through Princess.

I booked the Hawaii cruise through a TA.

After we completed the Getaway cruise our credit card was sent the entire booking cost ($2,198) back.

Since the Hawaii cruise was done through a TA she had to deal with getting the refund which she did. However she told me that it knocked her commission down to about $5 because the total price of the Hawaii cruise in a mini-suite for the 2 of us was now less than $1,700 total instead of almost $4,000. And we get $625 of OBC!

And since we’re elite, we got 4 coffee cards on the 3 day cruise worth about $140!

Quite a deal I would say!

We are on one of the "free cruises" in January and since it is only 5 days considering doing a b2b, can we combine the fcc for one 7 day or longer or does it have to be two more cruises. not sure we will have time for two by the end of the year as we are doing a 14 day in Oct.

When this was first instituted, it was referred to as FCC; future cruise credit. Because, that's what you got by buying it; OBC. It wasn't until recently that we started seeing FCD. When I first saw that I had no clue what was they were talking about. We've been buying multiples for many years and have always and still do refer to them as FCC's.

Pia, thank you. Now I get it :)