Call from Norwegian - Dawn this Sunday

FB

I just received a phone call from Norwegian asking guests to NOT arrive prior to 1:00 as there is limited seating in the Tampa port.

I wonder how crammed it will be at 1:00 and how many people will listen.

I'm in a suite so I don't see this as a concern for me but it might be busy.

I just received a phone call from Norwegian asking guests to NOT arrive prior to 1:00 as there is limited seating in the Tampa port.

The suite area was kind of a joke, it was really just a curtain on two sides in one of the corners of a very large open room. 1 PM is strange, two Sundays ago with arrived at 10:00 and boarded around 11:15. I wonder if they are expecting issues with customs again?

The suite area was kind of a joke, it was really just a curtain on two sides in one of the corners of a very large open room. 1 PM is strange, two Sundays ago with arrived at 10:00 and boarded around 11:15. I wonder if they are expecting issues with customs again?

I took the same cruise last year from Tampa and it didn't seem to be an issue. I wonder if they are using a different terminal this year.

I thought the suite area was fine for what it was last year. But yes just a sectioned off area with a couple of seats.

I plan to be there around 12 just because that's when my rental car has to be back.

I plan to ignore them and be there when I want to be there. This type of call is common for CCL out of Tampa. NCL is hoping to stagger people arriving. Many will come at one, some will come later and some will come earlier, some much earlier.

Doubt this type of thing really helps much but they can always say, we told you, no matter the time or crowds.

The real key is the ship making it in on time and no fog or port closure issues. The key is to check, look at the ships webcam in the AM sunday and see where she is.

I plan to ignore them and be there when I want to be there. This type of call is common for CCL out of Tampa. NCL is hoping to stagger people arriving. Many will come at one, some will come later and some will come earlier, some much earlier.

Doubt this type of thing really helps much but they can always say, we told you, no matter the time or crowds.

The real key is the ship making it in on time and no fog or port closure issues. The key is to check, look at the ships webcam in the AM sunday and see where she is.

Where can I find the ship webcam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where can I find the ship webcam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ncl website is suppose to have it.

But a quicker site I use is kroooz-cams.com go to the ncl tab for the dawn.

Currently she is anchored at Belize. It was a yucky looking morning but has cleared up nicely.

When we sailed the Dawn, we arrived at the pier about 10:30 and were on board by 11:45. I would say arrive when you are good and ready.

Last Sunday I was looking on the Port of Tampa web cam at about 1:30pm, and the outside line was about a mile long down the pier. I don't think I would want to be in the back of that line.

When we sailed the Dawn, we arrived at the pier about 10:30 and were on board by 11:45. I would say arrive when you are good and ready.

Last Sunday I was looking on the Port of Tampa web cam at about 1:30pm, and the outside line was about a mile long down the pier. I don't think I would want to be in the back of that line.

I was in such a line last year when the Legend was late due to fog...it sucked and we got no help from the port people, no water or snacks, and only grugdingly did thet allow use of two bathrooms.

Took this last year and did have a problem Not enough porters to take baggage. Stood in line for well over an hour just waiting to get into terminal. NCL staff in a real tizzy: said they didn't expect all those people at the same time. Wouldn't hurt to wait till later

In May we were taking the Sun out of Los Angeles. We got a call and email about not arriving until 1PM. Since we came into town on Amtrak at 6AM (same morning as sailing) we went ahead and arrived at the port around 11AM. Got right on board. Maybe this is a new policy?

We arrived at 1 and we have been standing in line for two hours and still not checked in yet.. That's with priority suite embarkation

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

We arrived at 1 and we have been standing in line for two hours and still not checked in yet.. That's with priority suite embarkation

That is the result of all those that showed up early even thou asked not too. Hopefully you will be onboard soon with a beverage in hand.

On the Darn Dawn Thanksgiving cruise, The suite area was filled up by 11 am, so if you get there early, you will probably sit and wait a long time. I tried to get some water out of the suite area after it emptied out since NCL staff took our free water away but was told to leave now by a staff member. Area empty , I figured it would be okay. When we left the ship this past Sunday, long lines and long time to clear customs. I figure it was 11:45 til the last people got in line at the customs desks.

Hotel Manger told us this will be an issue until May as this sailing is now an Open loop cruise. Customers from Europe will be boarding in Cozumel all season.

Hotel Manger told us this will be an issue until May as this sailing is now an Open loop cruise. Customers from Europe will be boarding in Cozumel all season.

That stinks, I wonder what is going to happen next year on the Sun with the same itinerary? We had planned to sail the Sun next fall.........but not if this is going to be the new norm:eek:

Took 4 hours to board last Sunday. Appalling. Getting off wasn't much better. Just a catalogue of pathetic service. Goodbye NCL.:mad::mad: Never again.

Hey they gave us rum less rum punch for our troubles... I agree appalling... The rest of the cruise was enjoyable