Dinner in Lido on NA

maxxboy

The lido is nowhere near busier than Times Square on NYE. Obviously, you e never seen Times Square on NYE. The lido may be crowded at times, but even then it takes 5 minutes to get your meal.

The breakfast/lunch times on the two HAL ships I have sailed were extremely crowded IMO. And yes, I have seen Times Square on New Years Eve...........

Edited by Irish Eyes Are Sailing

We returned from the 14 day Collectors Cruise 10 days ago. We ate dinner in the Lido SEVERAL times. From the dining room menu they offered two soups, two appetizers, two entrees and two desserts plus a multitude of other choices. I feel lke the dr choices in the Lido were not the best ones from each course. A few times the beef tenderloin and lamb were very good tho. The desserts were a major disappointed to what was listed for the DR, including the so called Ice Cream. No fruit soups were ever availaable. We ate here on formal night three times and lobster was never on the buffet.

My other observations were: no table cloths, limited beverage service to non existant for refills, very few staff were working as the Lido was less than haf full every time. One night our dishes kept accumulating on our table after a few course and no one cleared them as they were busy chatting among themselves. When I got up for my entree I commented to them about the poor service and they all scattered and started to do their jobs.

There was no question of poor behavior from any of the diners.

Menu is posted outside of Lido everyday after breakfast.

I hope you have enjoyable cruise!

Thanks for your helpful reply!

We're thinking about having dinner in the Lido a couple nights instead of the MDR during our upcoming cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

1 - Does the Lido offer the same items from the menu as the MDR each night? For instance, steak/lobster on the second formal night?

2- Is it still buffet style?

3 - Any other differences during dinner than breakfast/lunch?

Thanks

We always have breakfast and most often lunch in the Lido buffet.

We don't want to miss all the advantages of the variety of choices in the buffet - best at sea at least for breakfast.

The dinner Lido buffet offers less items than MDR. No lobsters on the second formal night. Not all the MDR dessert items are available in the buffet.

However, the buffet is still very good. There may be items not seen in MDR.

Yes, it's buffet style.

Normally we have a buffet dinner once a cruise and often stop in just for a quick bite.

Don't miss formal nights in MDR.

All the nenus are posted daily to check and compare.

Edited by cruisetrail