So I preordered some things to room.......

just4steven

Hello,

First time cruiser so of course first timer on Carnival. We sail in January, I found a great deal a few weeks ago so decided to give it a try and excited hoping we like it! I paid in full right away, again about a month ago. Just yesterday I booked an excursion through Carnival. When I log in they both show up plain as day, paid in full.

My question is: about 2 weeks ago, between paying in full and booking the excursion, I decided since it is our first cruise I do not want to mess with the "booze smuggling" too much (ok, I might try a little just to see). So, I forked over the big bucks being logged into my Carnival account and paid for some things to be in our room on arrival. I got the confirmation email, so I thought cool. I guess the weird thing is, how come when I log in I show the cruise paid in full and the excursion paid in full and everything is good to go, but I see nothing about the "goodies" I ordered to be in the room when we arrive? Is that normal? Just making sure I'm not out a couple hundred for already paying for some booze (ok, a LOT, lol).

Also, I booked the steakhouse one night, they did not have the option to pre pay for that. After a couple days I got the confirmation email for that. I take it that just comes out of the sign and sail thing?

Thanks! Again, a total newbie here :o

When I ordered items for our cabin and a friends cabin on our last cruise, all I got was a very basic text e-mail saying I had made a purchase and the amount. Didn't show up anywhere else. Also, don't panic if the items aren't there the minute you get to your cabin. In our case, one item was there and one was delivered about the time we sailed.

Edited by Rudyard

For the steakhouse, you will sign for the cost after dinner, as you would with a regular restauranr meal. Although a tip is included in the fee, lots of folks add an additional fee. The dinner fee and any tip you choose to add will then show up on your Sail and Sign account onboard.

The stuff you buy in the website before your cruise seems to go through an entirely different accounting system, so they never show up on your main cruise account.

Enjoy your first cruise. It's great that you found Cruise Critic as lots of us have learned SOOO much here to improve our cruise experience and minimize costs. Have fun!

Fun Shop items go through a different department than reservations.

This happened to us on our first cruise and I became so worried that I called. They had everything as requested. I took a copy of the confirmation just in case, but it wasn't necessary. They told us one of the reasons this doesn't show up on the cruise log in is because a lot of people order these items as gifts. They don't want to spoil the surprise.

The Steakhouse you have only reserved. Like any restaurant you will pay when you are done eating. You will give then your S&S much like a credit card and see it on your bill later.

As long as you got e mail confirmations, you are good to go. :)

Edited by Lerin

The stuff you buy on the website before your cruise

seems to go through an entirely different accounting system,

so they never show up on your main cruise account.

Back in Aug.

I bought two tours ashore via the Carnival website: pre-paid for them via VISAcard.

When I got on board, I went to Shore Excursions with all relevant info

they said Cool, your tickets will be delivered to your cabin later

which they were!

Just yesterday I ordered a beach towel and a cap

-again paid for via VISAcard on their website-

to be delivered to the cabin for mid-Feb. when I next cruise.

They've got lotsa time to get it right

and I fully expect the 2 items to be waiting for me, in the cabin.

What ship and ports will you be visiting? We'll be glad to give you any more info for a newbie!

Don't forget, each adult can carry on a bottle of wine or champagne. If Steakhouse reservation is first night, they will give you a bottle of wine with dinner. If you go first night, make sure to have appropriate clothing, ie, long pants, as luggage won't get to your cabin early unless you bought FTTF.

Arrive at the port early enough to board early and go straight up to Lido for lunch. Cabins are ready about 1:30pm.

You'll have a great time!

Hello,

First time cruiser so of course first timer on Carnival. We sail in January, I found a great deal a few weeks ago so decided to give it a try and excited hoping we like it! I paid in full right away, again about a month ago. Just yesterday I booked an excursion through Carnival. When I log in they both show up plain as day, paid in full.

My question is: about 2 weeks ago, between paying in full and booking the excursion, I decided since it is our first cruise I do not want to mess with the "booze smuggling" too much (ok, I might try a little just to see). So, I forked over the big bucks being logged into my Carnival account and paid for some things to be in our room on arrival. I got the confirmation email, so I thought cool. I guess the weird thing is, how come when I log in I show the cruise paid in full and the excursion paid in full and everything is good to go, but I see nothing about the "goodies" I ordered to be in the room when we arrive? Is that normal? Just making sure I'm not out a couple hundred for already paying for some booze (ok, a LOT, lol).

Also, I booked the steakhouse one night, they did not have the option to pre pay for that. After a couple days I got the confirmation email for that. I take it that just comes out of the sign and sail thing?

Thanks! Again, a total newbie here :o

Its normal. when you buy things from the shop for your cruise, you usually just get an email. I always print out the email and bring it with, just in case something isn't there

Not sure where your leaving from but...

If your cruising out of Texas the booze won't be in your room until late the first night or the next morning thanks to Texas liquor laws

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app