First time on Veendam; traveling with kids

bkkksk

This is our first cruise and looking forward to it! We are on the New Years Eve cruise to the Mexican Riviera and I have a couple of questions:

1) What is your favorite thing to do on the Veendam?

2) Any hints for traveling with kids - ages 8 through 12

3) Can the kids get milk at dinner?

4) I have seen issues with A/C on Deck 6. We are on Deck 5 - any idea if this deck is having the same issue?

5) Are there night lights in the room?

Thanks!

This is our first cruise and looking forward to it! We are on the New Years Eve cruise to the Mexican Riviera and I have a couple of questions:

1) What is your favorite thing to do on the Veendam? Puzzles in Explorer Lounge, reading. Connecting with others to play Hand & Foot. Movies; Culinary Center demos.

3) Can the kids get milk at dinner? Certainly, DH did most nights.

4) I have seen issues with A/C on Deck 6. We are on Deck 5 - any idea if this deck is having the same issue? Don't know about deck 5, but we were on deck 4 and our room was freezing - in spite of having the temperature control turned all the was over to the warmest setting. I had to ask for extra blankets and wore socks and my hoodie to bed at night.

5) Are there night lights in the room? No. Only outlets were one on the desk and a shaver outlet (way high up above the mirror) in the bathroom. I'd suggest glow sticks, if you need some light at night.

Thanks!

My answers in red.

Yes, the kids can get milk at dinner.

No, there are no night lights in the room. We bring battery operated lights for the bathroom.

Can't help with the A/C issues; it's been a few years since I was on the Veendam (but she is one of my favourites). And I don't have kids so can't really help with that other than to say there is Club HAL which many kids seem to enjoy.

As for favourite things to do, I like to play bingo, trivia, sit and watch the world go by.

Enjoy your cruise!

My kids love Club HAL. My tips are - sign up for the unlimited laundry - best deal ever. Use room service for breakfast and bedtime snacks. It's much nicer to laze around the room in the morning without having to get everyone dressed to get to breakfast.

My tip for night lights is to leave the light on in the bathroom and close the door. Enough light will seep out under the door to give the effect of a night light.

I second this, really works. We also brought a night light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk