Luggage storage at PG Dock

Dean

Is there anywhere where we can store our luggage near the PG dock for a few hours ?

Our plane does not leave until 4:00 pm and we must leave the ship at 09:00 am. We would like to tour downtown Papeete for three to four hours between when we leave the ship and when we must arrive at the airport. It would be no fun taking our luggage with us during our walk around downtown and PG does not have a place for us to store our luggage after we leave them.

Dean

The offical Tahiti Tourisum office has been known to take care of bags if you ask nicely. It isn't offically on thier web site but some have stated they will watch over them. Their office is right next to the quary where the ships dock, just ask someone.

Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. Saturday, 8 am to 4 pm. Sunday : 8 am to 12 pm

Address : Fare Manihini, Boulevard Pomare, Papeete, Tahiti

Thank you all for your recommendations

When we first leave the ship, I will ask the PG personnel if we could leave our bags for a few hours. If they do not agree, I will then ask the Tourism office. As a last resort, I will check with the ATN Hotel. Between these three options, we should be OK.

Thank you again.

Dean

Edited by Dean

I presume, based upon the 9:00 am departure time, that you are not using the PG for transport or a day room. Your luggage will be put on the pier and kept with others who are also supposed to depart by 9:00 am. They cannot and do not police when you leave. If you want to leave at 10:00 or 11:00 it does not matter. If you leave at 9:00 and want to wander around your luggage should be perfectly safe on the pier. Just get back by noon or 12:30 as that is when the last groups are supposed to leave.

When you leave the dock area there is security but they will let you back on the pier to retrieve your luggage. You might not be able to get back on the ship if you leave but you can certainly access your luggage. I would also gamble that if you returned at about 11:30 you could get back on the ship for a quick lunch. Your PG key card is what they swipe when you get on and off the ship and I doubt that they cancel your card based upon the time you are supposed to leave. I would guess then cancel everyones card in the early afternoon.

Flight medic

For a number of cruises the day room is On day 1 and all leave on the last day at 9 am.

Flight is at 8 am on the last morning. There is no final day lunch.

This begins April 2014 AFAIK.

In this case people do not board until 3 pm and the ship learns out by 9.

Edited by Emdee

Thanks again for the update from Emdee. Our cruise returns on May 17th , so it appears as if all passengers will leave by 09:00. We will make some arrangements on May 17th depending upon the circumstances at that time.

Thanks you again for everyones comments.

Dean

I believe the ATN hotel is walking distance from the port.

Motu please chime in and advise!

Sorry to be offline for a while (the roll call for our makeup cruise is a ghost town).

It is actually just the Tahiti Nui. ATN is only the airline.

It is only about two blocks from the ship and not too bad a walk as long as you have rolling luggage. We had a day room courtesy of ATN due to a flight change so I don't know if they take walk-ins.