Safe at half moon cay

Midwestgal

I don't recall. There is a little shopping area with guest services right after you get off the tender. DH isn't much of a water person so he watched our stuff. I have seen things you can buy that lock to your beach chair if you were looking to secure your small things. Google.

I have been there three times and can tell you there are no lockers. What you need to know is you do not need to bring any cash with you to the island. If you want to buy goods from the marketplace you can use cash for the vendors, but the store and post office use the S&S card.

If you have a nice camera, then it would be wise to make sure that one member of your group, and or your spouse, stays back and watches your camera. If it is small enough you can find waterproof bags and take your camera with you into the water. A better idea is to have a waterproof digital camera, which allows you to go in and out for an hour at a time.

You will live HMC, if you can get a cabana still, get one--you will not regret it. The cabanas do have cupboards where belongings can be stored.

I have been there three times and can tell you there are no lockers. What you need to know is you do not need to bring any cash with you to the island. If you want to buy goods from the marketplace you can use cash for the vendors, but the store and post office use the S&S card.

Post office? I'd love to send home a post card from HMC to the grandkids. Can you tell me more?

We leave ours in the cabana and never had a problem. Do you have a kyss bag? They have a lock that makes it determent to taking things. It locks things to a chair and also through the lock on the top of the bag. One would have to take the whole chair or use a bolt cutter to remove it. I love my Kyss bag but rarely lock it. It is substantial enough that I used it as another travel bag on the train.

I carry a backpack on and off the ship for electronics, etc. I just leave it under my lounger when I'm in the water at HMC. Haven't had any issues at all. In fact, we like to go down past the pirate ship, so there is lots of space between the various people on the beach. You can easily keep an eye on your stuff while you frolic in the surf. :D

Talking about a place to leave my camera while in the water.

You must of missed all the other posts

I bought a couple different sizes of pouches to keep camera / phone etc dry & safe. http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/softcases.html

While it's true there are only passengers & crew on the beach, if no one you know can watch your things I'd try to secure them somehow. I left my bathing suit cover up on the chair when we were headed back to tender for the ship. Realized I had left it & turned back for it just a few minutes later - and it was already gone. Someone must have decided they liked it as much I did.

Yes, there are rental lockers on HMC. They are located at the watersports rental building.

They are in the back of this building, facing away from the beach.

IMG_3044.jpg

Just found another. This photo is not mine.

825609223_A7oxN-L.jpg

Edited by cyntil8ing

Those lockers must be fairly new. They weren't there when I went the last time. It is in an odd location, Better to have some at the Welcome Center as well so people don't have to walk more than half way down the beach, not that it isn't a hard walk with bad views...

The Welcome Center has a post office on the other side of the general store. It is small, but you can send post cards. The staff would take the mail and bring it back to their home island and post it from there....