Remy or Victoria and Alberts?

TheYearofMe

I haven't had a chance to do either yet... However I had the same quandary. I'm sailing in 28 days on the Fantasy and decided to book Remy for NYE. Reasoning I went with included the fact that Remy's menu was designed by Scott Hunnel which is the head chef at V&A. Also the cost factor. NYE was $75 at Remy vs 2-3 times as much for V&A. Plus everyone I've talked to who has done both said the quality is very similar if not better on Remy. But I'm sure I'll hit up V&A sometime in the near future based on everything I've read online. But this time around, Remy won out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not just dine at both?

Personally I preferred Remy, but I think partially because the menu at V&A's when we dined there didn't suit--this was long ago before they began asking about allergies and preferences in the confirmation phone call. I also don't care for the whole servers all named Victoria or Albert at V&A's, it seems forced and rather ridiculous. That said, the Chet's table at V&A's is in our radar for next year, so we shall see.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

In V&A's defense all servers are no longer named "Victoria & Albert". They use there own names now. (thank goodness) They also have the best maitre D' on Disney property with Israel Perez. However, if you are on the Fantasy (or the Dream) by all means give Remy's a try. Scott Hunnel is one of the 2 chefs who designed the menu and it is fabulous. I loved things I never thought I would even eat! Also, keep in mind that Remy's is only on a cruise ship whereas V&A's is on dry land and you would have more opportunities to go to that venue and not have to do a cruise too! Both are wonderful and no matter what you choose, they are really an over the top experience. I also like the windows on Remy's which lend a nice ambience to the dining room.

There is one big difference between the two. Remys is a set menu prepared with stored food. Victoria and Albert's changes frequently based on what's available.

If you MUST choose one I would go with V+A to experience the full brillianceof Chef Hunnel's skills. We were just there in October and did the Queen Victoria room (upcharge and very limited seating) and the menu was incredible!

The menu takes advantage of two chefs as in the DCL info:

"A gourmet menu created by Chef Arnaud Lallement from l'Assiette Champenoise—a Michelin 2-star restaurant just outside Reims, France—and Chef Scott Hunnel from award-winning Victoria & Albert's at Walt Disney World Resort "

I was surprised to read that Remys was a pre-prepared menu. Where did you get that info? We were on the cruise twice when Scott Hunnel was on board and cooking . Why would they have needed him to be present if the food only needed to be heated?

Personally I don't think you can go wrong with either venue.

Exactly. Remy is a set menu, same day to day cruise to cruise and the food is loaded on (which means some of it must be frozen especially on 7 day runs). The menu also changes only 2x per year, I think. (If you saw Chef Hunnel on board, it was probably training for a new menu).

V+As can change from day to day (there is a 'standard' seasonal menu, but it is often tweaked). And of course, if Chef Hunnel is there, he can decide to do whatever he wants. My wife was not brave enough to try the octopus so he made a special chicken dish just for her in the style of the octopus. (BTW, the octopus was fork tender!)

I don't think pre-prepared menu was meant, but rather that it doesn't change day-to-day based on the availability of various seasonal ingredients.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

We have done both several times. Most recently, we did V&As in October and Remy's for Thanksgiving on board the Fantasy. I love them both and would not be able to decide between the two. The food was exceptional as was the service. I liked the decor in Remy better and I thought the portions were larger at V&As.

It is just an amazing experience.

Thanks for all of the advice! If I can swing it, I am going to do both. I am a true foodie and I will love the experiences.

Now, I just have to wait until my cruise arrives. It will be along wait, but it will be here before I know it!

Many thanks,

Patti

Hmmm...they were changing the Remy menu 4 times a year. Is it down to twice now?

To OP--they are very comparable. Since you say you'll have the chance to try both, enjoy!

And if you have allergies or special needs, let them know at least a day ahead. They will create special offerings for you. DO NOT let allergies limit your experience--with just a little notice, they can work wonders.

If you can handle the budget (and can get it) see if the Queen Victoria Room is available at V+A. It's NOT cheap but Oh My God is it worth it. 10 course tasting menu with spectacular presentation. And if avail, shell out for the Iwate beef tasting as well.

Thanks for all of the advice! If I can swing it, I am going to do both. I am a true foodie and I will love the experiences.

Now, I just have to wait until my cruise arrives. It will be along wait, but it will be here before I know it!

Many thanks,

Patti

If you're looking for other places to dine at Disney, check out the Flying Fish Cafe on the boardwalk. I've done Victoria & Alberts (it was amazing) and have Remy's booked for our upcoming cruise, but the Flying Fish Cafe is a favorite that I try to make it a point to hit at least once a year, not tied to a Disney visit. The atmosphere is a little noisier/larger scale, but the food is amazing. I love to sit at the bar by kitchen and watch the chefs.

I've eaten at MOST of the restaurants at Disney and V&A and this one are my favorites in terms of service and quality of food. They are very different but both amazing.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/flying-fish-cafe/

If we're going for other options... Narcoossees, the Wave, Kona Cafe, all could be on the list. I would have said California Grill but have not been there since the revamp.

If you're looking for other places to dine at Disney, check out the Flying Fish Cafe on the boardwalk. I've done Victoria & Alberts (it was amazing) and have Remy's booked for our upcoming cruise, but the Flying Fish Cafe is a favorite that I try to make it a point to hit at least once a year, not tied to a Disney visit. The atmosphere is a little noisier/larger scale, but the food is amazing. I love to sit at the bar by kitchen and watch the chefs.

I've eaten at MOST of the restaurants at Disney and V&A and this one are my favorites in terms of service and quality of food. They are very different but both amazing.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/flying-fish-cafe/

Good advice! I do have some allergies and will certainly let them know about them. Unfortunately, I am allergic to lobster and crab and I cry about it all the time! lol

Hmmm...they were changing the Remy menu 4 times a year. Is it down to twice now?

To OP--they are very comparable. Since you say you'll have the chance to try both' date=' enjoy!

And if you have allergies or special needs, let them know at least a day ahead. They will create special offerings for you. DO NOT let allergies limit your experience--with just a little notice, they can work wonders.[/quote']