Ship Webcams?

babsee101

What you are seeing on the webcams are the times in Greenwich Mean time and the dates in the European format, or DD/MM/YY. They are "backwards" from what is "normal" in the US. So, yes, when the OP first posted, the dates were showing 1/12/13, but that was actually for December 1, 2013. If you look now, they all show 2/12/13, or December 2, 2013, as it is now December 2nd in England and Europe. It's just the difference between how dates are written in Europe and in the US causing the confusion: not an issue with the webcams at all.

Susan

What you are seeing on the webcams are the times in Greenwich Mean time and the dates in the European format, or DD/MM/YY. They are "backwards" from what is "normal" in the US. So, yes, when the OP first posted, the dates were showing 1/12/13, but that was actually for December 1, 2013. If you look now, they all show 2/12/13, or December 2, 2013, as it is now December 2nd in England and Europe. It's just the difference between how dates are written in Europe and in the US causing the confusion: not an issue with the webcams at all.

Susan

Thanks, I feel like a moron. lol

babsee101: no need to feel like a moron! I had a co-worker who grew up in England and even after 10 years in the US he had issues buying plane tickets, as he would mix up the dates. :rolleyes: It's not something that we here in the US think about. I just had it on my mind, as we recently spent time in Europe. And, since the Pride doesn't have a webcam, to see where it is you need to look at the tracking system, which reminds you that the dates and times are all GMT. Due to those factors, it was just something that was top of mind when I saw the webcams. But, ask me 6 months from now, and maybe you'd get a different answer!

Susan